What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did man create cannabis?

J-Icky

Drewsif, what do you mean why isn't weed sticky any more?

Most herb, good herb anyway, is sticky when broken up. No it's not the super sticky hydro bud of the 90s, but that was all under dried and once properly dried was no different than what is around today.

C

Columbo

IDK occasionally some plants feel greasy to me but mostly just sticky when harvesting. I'm thinking the greasy ones are more potent or have more resin. Not sure if it something do to with the grow or harvest or if it's a trait of the plant itself.

IDK occasionally some plants feel greasy to me but mostly just sticky when harvesting. I'm thinking the greasy ones are more potent or have more resin. Not sure if it something do to with the grow or harvest or if it's a trait of the plant itself.
The girls I have going right now are super sticky - and are pretty greasy! After you break up some buds your fingers are super sticky lol.
This is from bagseed:

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IT'S NOT A FUCKING PROPOSAL!
WHY CAN'T YOU USE A FUCKING DICTIONARY?

There is no argument until some ass hole like you makes one!

I'm here to learn & spread TRUTHS about my fave plant...
Not make up a bunch of bullshit misinformation!
We get that the scientific meaning of sativa and indica differs from the lay-persons meaning of the terms.

The reality is though, cannabis growers the world over will continue to use the terms as they are accustomed to. Tall, narrow-leafed plants with an up high will continue to be described as sativas, and short, broad-leafed plants with a heavy stone-type high will continue to be called indicas.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think greasy feeling plants have a higher terpin content than similar plants that aren't greasy.
Terpins are VOC solvents.
When terps begin evaporating the result is strong aromas & your buds getting stickier as the solvents disappear into the atmosphere.

I think greasy feeling plants have a higher terpin content than similar plants that aren't greasy.
Terpins are VOC solvents.
When terps begin evaporating the result is strong aromas & your buds getting stickier as the solvents disappear into the atmosphere.
very well said - concurred %100
I love greasy plants :dance013: