What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

'Boogieman'

Cover crop draw same nutrients to make tissue as your plant there for off season not for companion planting

I always plant white clover as a living mulch, I think it helps fix nitrogen and coves the bare soil so it's not so noticable and acts like a living mulch. If I'm correct it's more beneficial or do you think not?

orechron

Clover fixes nitrogen for itself. Your canna only gets that fixed N when the clover foliage and nodules are decomposing.

That's why I recommend turning cover crop in like you're suppose to.

If you want companion plants put lemon balm marigolds and chrysanthemum around the edges of your mounds

An intangible familiarity my people know already

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 17

HazyBulldog

Screws, sorry to ruffle all the fertilizer salesman in your thread. They hate to hear about gypsum, 40lbs for 7$. Cat, Jidoka, Lead........... You happen to see what SlowN said about getting rid of excess with cover crops, lol.

Read this, find out how and where gypsum could help remove excesses in your soil. Step one, test soil. Step two, read this and apply knowledge. Good luck.

http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/doc/library/articles/gypsum

Your reading comprehension skills are extremely poor.

I don't recommend throwing away the cover crop but decomposing it in the soil to build structure and allow the root nodes of the N fixing plants to release that fixed atmospheric nitrogen.

I do not think screwes is in dire need of a corrective application. Of gypsum that you think every one needs .

You have a bad habit of just parroting whatever the latest paradigm you subscribe to as the truth for every one before you've even fully tested it even for just a season.

I think dude would be best served to spray on acetates and glycinate and just work on his soil structure maybe add some VanSil and some of his topsoil in.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think dude would be best served to spray on acetates and glycinate and just work on his soil structure maybe add some VanSil and some of his topsoil in.

care to elaborate? not too familiar with acetates and glycinate. and to improve soil structure, what is VanSil, where to get? and should i till the topsoil into the mounds, like maybe 10% of total volume?

If you want companion plants put lemon balm marigolds and chrysanthemum around the edges of your mounds
what benefits do those provide? might look cool...

Dankwolf

care to elaborate? not too familiar with acetates and glycinate. and to improve soil structure, what is VanSil, where to get? and should i till the topsoil into the mounds, like maybe 10% of total volume?

what benefits do those provide? might look cool...

marigolds are a pest/bug detorant .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yep i,m growing a marigold /pot farm next season ......sick of winged beaver fucking with me , and grass hoppers the size of baby elephants .

HazyBulldog

Your reading comprehension skills are extremely poor.

I don't recommend throwing away the cover crop but decomposing it in the soil to build structure and allow the root nodes of the N fixing plants to release that fixed atmospheric nitrogen.

I do not think screwes is in dire need of a corrective application. Of gypsum that you think every one needs .

You have a bad habit of just parroting whatever the latest paradigm you subscribe to as the truth for every one before you've even fully tested it even for just a season.

My reading skills blah blah.... I wasn't talking to you, so learn to ready maybe? Obviously that was directed to lead........ The one who did suggest getting rid of excess with cover crops......

reppin2c

Veteran
Winfed beaver? Like the chick's with angel wings tattooed on they're backs?

I combat the grasshoppers with chickens. So instead of the grasshoppers messing the plants up the chickens uproot them and FUCK my mulch up. I made a garlic, onion and cinnamon spray that worked on the weak phenos

Hope you have a great season schrews. I checked your test out and your soil is in pretty decent shape

HazyBulldog

I edited a spelling mistake, like I do on almost every post I make. I type faster than I can spell at times. You drunk again?