What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning
picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When the chickens from down the block set up in your front yard waiting for the kindergartner to get off the bus from school each day so they can get free bread lol

St. Phatty

When you guys go to the Shooting Range, do you collect Brass ?

There is now a shortage condition, for even 5.56/ 223 and 9 mm brass !

what are reasonable prices ?

I'm thinking

5.56/223 10 cents each - for used brass

308 25 cents each - again for used brass.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Used brass is shaped to a chamber that's not yours.
Some of the used stuff can have some major extractor nicks in it.

Get new stuff.

St. Phatty

Used brass is shaped to a chamber that's not yours.
Some of the used stuff can have some major extractor nicks in it.

Get new stuff.

It's all Sold Out.

I've got plenty of brass in the Calibers I like.

But I have about 2000 rounds of loaded 308, and maybe 300 cases that are primed resized etc.

Why not sell the extra 1000 spare 308 brass ?

I don't understand why people are buying up the brass.

There's no primers, and those are the hardest to make, of the components that are used up.

But right now even the Starline factory store is sold out.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/308-match/

I bought about 1000 primed "pull-downs" of 308, Lake City brass with primers, about a year ago. LC-18 I think.

Also about 750 5.56 LC17 brass.

I don't like measuring case length.

So I standardized on the LC18 308 brass and the LC17 5.56 brass.

Also, Starline brass in 308 and 5.56.

That's BETTER than new stuff.

As far as Major Nicks - Yeah I got a bag of those !

Brass with Serious Over-pressure marks, gnarly burrs, etc. But not completely lost, could still be filed down. Can't see anybody buying those though, so it would will probably go in the "brass melt" bag.

But as far as variations like nicks & scratches - that's what the headspace gauge is for.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I think Lake City is the best. Got a couple cases of brand new.

You've got a boatload. Go shoot some.

Check out air rifles. All the ammo you want. It costs nothing to shoot, deadly, accurate and quiet as a mouse.

redlaser

Veteran
Zero, I remember you posting an air rifle a while back, seemed like it was .22 caliber. What make and model was that?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've got a couple. The fav is an FX Impact X in 25 with a High capacity mag, night vision scope and a DonnyFL Sumo 'moderator'. Made in Sweden.

It can change barrels in a couple minutes to be a 30, 25, 22, or 177. Tne night vision scope re-zeros in one shot.

edit;
With high power airguns it's allot like reloading. There are a few adjustments to do that get it right down to speed and barrel harmonics. Allot like primer, powder and bullet.

Last edited:

Beaucephus

u can get air rifles in any caliber u want nowadays. oddly as it may sound i envy europeans with their laws towards silencers and air rifle hunting.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You been shooting backyard crooks? Good.

I was buying "once fired" brass that I think was from a sniper school. Just cause a case has been fired once in another rifle, once you resize it to fit your chamber (headspace), they are fine. I also jumped on a buncha LC white box match ammo when it was available, so .308 is set here.

9mm is my new caliber of interest, now that I have discovered the compact SIG 365 series of very carriable pistols. I have never considered reloading 9mm, but now save the brass. Local gun dealer has good supply of ammo, but limited on each purchase. Ima gonna go down looking for a black SIG 365XL with the RZ red dot sight, and pick up more ammo. Good as gold, easier to sell too.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Dawg was barking up a storm this morning, so I took the binocs to look at a treeline across the wheat field next door. Nice buck deer, I figure a good 8 points, standing there at the edge - then he layed down. A little later a doe comes out.

As much as I want some venison to make jerky, I also like watching them on the hoof from my front porch. This is the good part of living out in the sticks.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
None yet. But I'm itchin. lol

Fuckers cleaned out my freezer in the garage of two huge paper lawn waste bags of frozen bud a couple years ago. Bold little fuckers they are.

redlaser

Veteran
I've got a couple. The fav is an FX Impact X in 25 with a High capacity mag, night vision scope and a DonnyFL Sumo 'moderator'. Made in Sweden.

It can change barrels in a couple minutes to be a 30, 25, 22, or 177. Tne night vision scope re-zeros in one shot.

edit;
With high power airguns it's allot like reloading. There are a few adjustments to do that get it right down to speed and barrel harmonics. Allot like primer, powder and bullet.

Interesting, I need to look into that some more. I like the low caliber target shooting , and if it’s quiet it keeps neighbors off your back. I think it gets a person around firearms charges as well if they were having cops going through their stuff over growing.

Didn’t mean to refer to you as Zero, must have been in a hurry and that got past the proof reader, lol.

Do you know approximate Feet per second on those calibers? Likely easy to look up, I would imagine the range to be in the subsonic .22 - regular .22’s

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
In pellet guns .177 and .22 are the common calibers. I had a .22 break-open stolen from me that would put 3 pellets into a 1" group at a measured 50 yards. I wish I still had that one. It could shoot doves in the head off the powerline, or starlings off the Purple Martin gourd rack.

I think the .177s go faster.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have a .177 CO2 Beretta repo with a 16 shot mag I got for backyard rippers. :D
Lots of them since legalization.

there are videos on youtube of folks killing wild hogs with .22 & .25 cal air rifles. put the pellet between their eyes & they go down quivering like they were electrocuted.;)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Interesting, I need to look into that some more. I like the low caliber target shooting , and if it’s quiet it keeps neighbors off your back. I think it gets a person around firearms charges as well if they were having cops going through their stuff over growing.

Didn’t mean to refer to you as Zero, must have been in a hurry and that got past the proof reader, lol.

Do you know approximate Feet per second on those calibers? Likely easy to look up, I would imagine the range to be in the subsonic .22 - regular .22’s

They all have 'moderators" (aka silencers) now and they are quiet. When you get a gun there are several makes to choose from. Check out Utah Airguns and FX.
The moderator on the FX there is made by DonnyFL. It's called a Sumo.

The mag is not installed in the pic. It snaps in to the left of the FX on the left and holds 28 rounds. I can do better than 2 mags on one fill of the carbon fiber tank.

The one shot zero - With the night vision scope, it's digital. With this type of gun and scope, when you change barrels (calibers), it only takes one shot to zero the scope. You aim at the bullseye. Shoot, and move the cursor to where it hit. The next shot will be zeroed. With a conventional scope this takes several shots and adjustments on the scope.

FPS is adjustable. For 177 and 22 normally 950 - 1100 fps. Some people dial it down for target to get more shots. With the 25 I use 930. Going to 30 cal would be about the same.
A chrono is standard equipment for tuning. It's not always about speed, more like the combination for accuracy. At 50 yds I can shoot half inch groups with a bipod.

In the US, an airgun is not considered a firearm and there are no restrictions on power as there are in Europe.

picture.php

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
there are videos on youtube of folks killing wild hogs with .22 & .25 cal air rifles. put the pellet between their eyes & they go down quivering like they were electrocuted.;)
I'm not looking to kill anyone, but I won't hesitate to sink lead in their legs. Someone mentioned "you'll just piss them off." I can see that because we used to shoot each other for kicks and giggles when we were kids. So I'll shoot them in the face 10 times instead. And keep in mind, these aren't patched 1%ers. They're just punks. I'd keep their wallet, keys and shit and let the fuckers walk home in the sub zero night.

Did I mention there are coyote/wolf hybrids here? Bold too. They chased me out of a grow a couple years ago. Now that would be fun to watch. lol

They all have 'moderators" (aka silencers) now and they are quiet. When you get a gun there are several makes to choose from. Check out Utah Airguns and FX.
The moderator on the FX there is made by DonnyFL. It's called a Sumo.

The mag is not installed in the pic. It snaps in to the left of the FX on the left and holds 28 rounds. I can do better than 2 mags on one fill of the carbon fiber tank.

The one shot zero - With the night vision scope, it's digital. With this type of gun and scope, when you change barrels (calibers), it only takes one shot to zero the scope. You aim at the bullseye. Shoot, and move the cursor to where it hit. The next shot will be zeroed. With a conventional scope this takes several shots and adjustments on the scope.

FPS is adjustable. For 177 and 22 normally 950 - 1100 fps. Some people dial it down for target to get more shots. With the 25 I use 930. Going to 30 cal would be about the same.
A chrono is standard equipment for tuning. It's not always about speed, more like the combination for accuracy. At 50 yds I can shoot half inch groups with a bipod.

In the US, an airgun is not considered a firearm and there are no restrictions on power as there are in Europe.

View Image
God damn.... look at the tank on that thing. lol
FPS dictates what a firearm is up here. Don't know what it is.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm not looking to kill anyone, but I won't hesitate to sink lead in their legs. Someone mentioned "you'll just piss them off." I can see that because we used to shoot each other for kicks and giggles when we were kids. So I'll shoot them in the face 10 times instead. And keep in mind, these aren't patched 1%ers. They're just punks. I'd keep their wallet, keys and shit and let the fuckers walk home in the sub zero night.

Did I mention there are coyote/wolf hybrids here? Bold too. They chased me out of a grow a couple years ago. Now that would be fun to watch. lol

God damn.... look at the tank on that thing. lol
FPS dictates what a firearm is up here. Don't know what it is.

The tank is 4500psi. We have a coyote problem here too. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts