What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

bs0

It's funny, back when I ran a propane burner I would set my dehuy to like 70%+ so it could keep up with the humidity... My plants exploded with growth. Over like 2hr you could see substantial growth. Loved that but hated the open fire in the grow room... Went to bottled co2, but I didn't get that growth rate anymore and gave up co2.

Since then I've tried different configurations, but had been trying to make 80*/50RH work... Still got results but never quite like when the burner was running. I always assumed that higher temp = faster growth but I always had some real straggler plants I had to wait for to catch up... About a week ago I found this thread and started running 80*/70RH and the growth is like what I experienced running the burner @1500ppm co2. Just a week I already see substantial gains for growth...

Never suspected that humidity was what I was missing. I liked to run 50RH because then I used all the distilled water to water my plants, but this difference is substantial. I think I might add co2 back into the mix and see what happens! 😂

VPD is the truth, for real.

bs0

It's funny, back when I ran a propane burner I would set my dehuy to like 70%+ so it could keep up with the humidity... My plants exploded with growth. Over like 2hr you could see substantial growth. Loved that but hated the open fire in the grow room... Went to bottled co2, but I didn't get that growth rate anymore and gave up co2.

Since then I've tried different configurations, but had been trying to make 80*/50RH work... Still got results but never quite like when the burner was running. I always assumed that higher temp = faster growth but I always had some real straggler plants I had to wait for to catch up... About a week ago I found this thread and started running 80*/70RH and the growth is like what I experienced running the burner @1500ppm co2. Just a week I already see substantial gains for growth...

Never suspected that humidity was what I was missing. I liked to run 50RH because then I used all the distilled water to water my plants, but this difference is substantial. I think I might add co2 back into the mix and see what happens! 😂

VPD is the truth, for real.
Gotta say, just a day later, that managing vpd is gotdamn Supreme. I haven't seen growth rates like this in my recent ages of <60RH growing. It's honestly stupid how much faster they grow when they have enough humidity to do their thing.