What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Choosing a COB: Cree CXB3590, Citizen CLU048 & Vero29 G7's

Koondense

Veteran
I'd pick the 3000K for flower and 3500K for full cycle. If you'll buy two, get one of each and do some comparisons.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Fair enough, but keep in mind he's a seller and we're independent thinkers/doers. But he'll probably say the same ;)

Cheers

h.h.

Veteran
No more profit for one chip over the other. I never felt any pressure and got a $25 discount to boot.
I doubt if he's gonna make it or break it over a couple lights unless he were to screw you and loose his reputation. The majority of his advertisement seems to be from word of mouth. I doubt if he wants to spoil that.

Buckeyebandit

Thanks for the feed back.
Koondense I was thinking the same thing 1 of each but h. h . Advise is the best option at this point only want to spend the 2 grand once lol

h.h.

Veteran
You can get one of each or you can get hybrid sets of mixed lights. That's why I say talk to Dan @ Timber. Mix and match to some degree.

Buckeyebandit

Just talk with dan and he says the 3500k will have the spectrum I need for full cycle.
Thanks HH for the time and info to get squared away

Peace

EcoNepenthe

I give a thumbs up on Timber/Dan. Very good kits and support. Personally, I favor Cree. Solid product. Exceptional quality/quantity bud production.
COBs Rock!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I have a 400w Timber light with 4x 3000k Vero 29 Gen 7. The light quality and output is amazing.

-Funk

h.h.

Veteran
One thing to consider is your style of growing.
If you have a large canopy, you'll need less penetration and more spread.
The Cree's have less power, but you can use twice as many for the same wattage.
The higher power Vero's are more bang for the buck.
I imagine the Cree's can be brought in closer...
The QB's and strips, even more spread.
If you're in a reflective room, the higher more powerful lights might be idea.
I'm in a 5 x 5 reflective tent. The Vero's work well.
State law is such that only half of my plants can be mature at the same time. This prohibits me from going full cycle, hence I have 3,000k/3,500k in my collection and I'll veg separately. Probably get some 4,000k when I recover my finances and set up another tent. I may go with QB's. I'm not sure. I like my COBs.
I got the Vero's. I'm happy.

Buckeyebandit

Thank you guys for all the input

HH
I plan to run and panda film thru out the room I'm building. S.o.g. is more than likely how I will grow. Top cola with just surrounding top branches and put in tight. Looking to do 9 to 10 per square meter to start and go from there. The laws I have to live with is 0 plants period. This state is still in the old ways with blinders on