What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

St. Phatty

Found one rooster laying dead on the garage floor this morning, with his face chewed off.

Anybody want to see a picture ? It's artistic in a gory way. Form follows function.

I think he lost a fight with the head rooster, and the rats found the body before I did.

Meanwhile, there is a 3 month old cat in the garage to keep the rats and birds company.

Outdoors, there is a serious predator. More serious than a mountain lion. Probably a bobcat.

IMG_20210520_082642=.jpg

I got out-gunned in the chicken coop department.
They pooped on my old fax machine.

Will try to get a clearer picture

"So it's a random Pastiche that combines Country Life with Urban Life."

That's what I would say if I was an art dealer trying to sell a print out of the image.

Needs some blue.

They knocked half the boxes on the shelves, onto the floor.

Then they get into the Styrofoam. For birds I think Styrofoam has appealing drug like qualities.

When they get into a box with a decent size piece of Styrofoam, it looks like that Blood scene in the Shining, except white with Styrofoam.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
You know you live in the country if...... it's mating season, fighting roosters, dead opossums on the side of the road, turtle crossings, etc.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if...

You don't mind doing a little skidding if necessary, on the clay/gravel roads, to avoid running over the terrapins...

PS... in my yard two days ago, I saw an old terrapin friend... He's been wandering around the woods surrounding my house for the past 14 years...
i can recognize him by a distinct notch/old injury in the edge of his shell...
I moved him from the edge of my gravel driveway to over by the birdbath, and poured some water on the ground for him because he looked thirsty...

armedoldhippy

Veteran

You don't mind doing a little skidding if necessary, on the clay/gravel roads, to avoid running over the terrapins...

PS... in my yard two days ago, I saw an old terrapin friend... He's been wandering around the woods surrounding my house for the past 14 years...
I moved him from the edge of my gravel driveway to over by the birdbath, and poured some water on the ground for him because he looked thirsty...

i brake for tortoises & snakes. i'll move them out of the road if i can do so without causing a pile-up...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

You see cool stuff almost every day...

This morning i was planting all my clones in the big holes at the hideout...
For the first time in my life I saw a baby terrapin....
He was crawling around on the soil of one of the big holes... He was only about the size of a silver dollar!
I sure wish i had my camera with me this morning!
I picked him up for a minute and told him "Welcome to Bud's hideout".....

St. Phatty

You see cool stuff almost every day...

This morning i was planting all my clones in the big holes at the hideout...
For the first time in my life I saw a baby terrapin....
He was crawling around on the soil of one of the big holes... He was only about the size of a silver dollar!
I sure wish i had my camera with me this morning!
I picked him up for a minute and told him "Welcome to Bud's hideout".....

I'm always impressed by the intelligence of animals.

I think some of it is hard wired.

Birds with 200 million brain cells are naturally wary of a net. I use 4 x 6 pickup bed nets, got 5 of them.

If I hold up just one net, it's like holding a broom. They run away from the net, like a magnet but the other direction.

Cats with 2 Billion brain cells, I've seen the mother sitting next to a trap teaching the kittens to STAY AWAY from it.

Humans with 86 Billion brain cells ... sometimes have great trouble teaching their families where the traps are.

The animals just seem so SMART ... a paradox.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gator_th_6x4_gas_r4x000835_rrd_1366x768_large_0b17a3797684987c43e8f2ac1d5a714db9fba0b5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	17863400

Anybody have one of these ?

one of my neighbors has one, lower to the ground, looks more military.

A good tool for taking care of 50 acres.

I figure it's good up to a 30 degree hillside but at some point when it gets steep you might need a roll bar etc.

Attachments

• gator_th_6x4_gas_r4x000835_rrd_1366x768_large_0b17a3797684987c43e8f2ac1d5a714db9fba0b5.jpg
    gator_th_6x4_gas_r4x000835_rrd_1366x768_large_0b17a3797684987c43e8f2ac1d5a714db9fba0b5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 16

Sunshineinabag

Found one rooster laying dead on the garage floor this morning, with his face chewed off.

Anybody want to see a picture ? It's artistic in a gory way. Form follows function.

I think he lost a fight with the head rooster, and the rats found the body before I did.

Meanwhile, there is a 3 month old cat in the garage to keep the rats and birds company.

Outdoors, there is a serious predator. More serious than a mountain lion. Probably a bobcat.

I got out-gunned in the chicken coop department.
They pooped on my old fax machine.

Will try to get a clearer picture

"So it's a random Pastiche that combines Country Life with Urban Life."

That's what I would say if I was an art dealer trying to sell a print out of the image.

Needs some blue.

They knocked half the boxes on the shelves, onto the floor.

Then they get into the Styrofoam. For birds I think Styrofoam has appealing drug like qualities.

When they get into a box with a decent size piece of Styrofoam, it looks like that Blood scene in the Shining, except white with Styrofoam.

I have one hell ofa imagination lmaop my dude:grouphug:

Sunshineinabag

I'm always impressed by the intelligence of animals.

I think some of it is hard wired.

Birds with 200 million brain cells are naturally wary of a net. I use 4 x 6 pickup bed nets, got 5 of them.

If I hold up just one net, it's like holding a broom. They run away from the net, like a magnet but the other direction.

Cats with 2 Billion brain cells, I've seen the mother sitting next to a trap teaching the kittens to STAY AWAY from it.

Humans with 86 Billion brain cells ... sometimes have great trouble teaching their families where the traps are.

The animals just seem so SMART ... a paradox.

filedata/fetch?id=17863400&d=1621739107

Anybody have one of these ?

one of my neighbors has one, lower to the ground, looks more military.

A good tool for taking care of 50 acres.

I figure it's good up to a 30 degree hillside but at some point when it gets steep you might need a roll bar etc.

Or hydraulic outriggers lmaop
hey I grew up watching mcguyver:huggg:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Have 3 Western Box turtles, 2 male, one female. All found crossing the road or 2 lane highway. Such interesting prehistoric creatures, interesting to watch where they go in our backyard (cinder block walls). Mating season is obscure.

Latest posts

Latest posts