What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

Casper808

Alohaz....da faces change,but da story remains da same...nomattaz what they do,da door is open.right now dey given us cardz,we use da cardz .bumbye maybe sometin else,but da door is open step right in da wataz fine.next Craig"Fn" list selling products and services along wit coops and groups gathering and tradin medicine.den dispenses? No mattaz we jus do what we do..when did dey start flyin las year?april?..........cheeeeeeeeee

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran

Awesome pic Grey!!

^beneficial predators?

Why not?? Thats a badass lizard right there!

I believe I can see the future,
Cause I repeat the same routine.
I think I used to have a purpose,
Then again, it might have been a dream.

Just got back from Montreal and I swear to God I was hoping you were going to rhyme routine with poutine :biggrin: (yeah don't ask what fucked up circumstances took me there in February instead of June or how miserable that trip was....but I did have an awesome poutine)

Wiki link for you island dwellers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

Casper808

Ah poutine at la belle Provence ..good fries.and smoked meat sandwich from Shwartz,mmmm supah onoliscious. And dats no lizard Dat is one Hawaiian dinosaur ....

oldhaole

Veteran
Bittersweet Symphony

Bittersweet Symphony

As a general rule, I don't like to use the same music twice, but tonite I'm breaking that rule. If you realy want to nitpick at it, I don't believe I used the entire song, just a small portion of it, and that was like three years ago..... So there ain't many of you left who can honestly call me on that.

And even if you did..... I seriously doubt I'd give a good damn.

Every once in a while you get one of these. A pointless post. I went over to Caspers place this afternoon, smoked way too much oil, came home to wifey wanting to watch some garbage on TV, so I took a nice long nap. So now I find myself wide awake at 1 AM..... with nothing to do. Yes, I can smoke a pile more oil, and fade right out, but unfortunatly, the dogs napped with me, and they don't do fade right out after a day in the kennel, followed by a long nap. They want to run, maybe find something to maim, so while I wait for a broken pile of flesh to be delivered to me..... what the hell, it's not like we don't have some time to.... well....sorry....kill.

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life.
Trying to make ends meet,
You're a slave to the money then you die.
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down.
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah.

One thing I gotta comment on. Some, no, a very few, of you seem to think since I have been here forever, I have axcess to some of the old Hawaiian genetics that have long since gone the way of the Dodo bird. While I can neither confirm or deny this, I am NOT intrested in trading my ace for your two of Spades, so please don't bother to ask.

We are, What? Five years into this trip, and when you do the same thing, time after time, day after day, it's hard to find anything new in the same old routine. If I was to run this as a conventional growlog, might as well cut and paste a single year over and over again. I try to run this trip under the principal of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" subsequently, every year looks pretty much like the last. So what happens in these logs is I tend to skip straight over the mundane stuff, and highlight the..... let's call them the excentricities of this life.

Thing is, it's the mundane shit, you gotta do, to be sucessful. I may not talk about it, but this crap must be done. I spent several hours weeding the bottom garden today, you say BFD, NEXT! That shit had to get done, you just didn't care to know.

So pardon me, if I skip over the little stuff. Minor stuff like soil preperation, feeding, when to harvest, and even strain selection. None of that shit matters, there are menehunes toiling behind scenes, they do all that crap. Me? Strictly comic relief, the voice in your head. Besides, if you are too damn lazy to hit one of the links at the bottom, If you really gotta know.....ask. I'll give you a long drawn out answer guaranteed to make your eyes glaze over, and you may even drool a bit too.

Well I never pray,
But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah.
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now.

The fact is that an outdoor grow, done every year, I compare to a play put on every night. Though I know every line that was missed on my side of the curtain, you, on your side, should see nothing but perfection. Sure, there are things beyond my control. I depend on those things to keep this log fresh. As the director of this circus, I know perfection is a goal that will never be reached. But the pursuit of that goal is what keeps me comming back. Done right, (should I add my standard disclaimer? Why not?) and NOWHERE have I promised to do ANYTHING right,

Oh fuck! us old people get forgetful..... Where was I? Not important. Go back...pursuit?, goal?, comming back? Oh hell! I sound like a Tony Robbins comercial.....

A point? Got it! I may never reach perfection, but each year, done right, bla bla bla I get a little closer.

Now I gotta go vomit. After that load of whatever you want to call it..... Poutine maybe?

Poutine WTF? we call it french fries with gravy. Fuckin' surrender monkeys.......

No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change,
But I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mold, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
OH Know what you mean I get the Puna Budda question. Most people wouldn't like it way to sativa from what I remember. Lets hear more about your dog shit compost.lol Any free fert this year? And please bring back the bucket heads they more fun then the coneheads.
Or the Bong Show with Chucky Baby who was a ex Nam vet bad ass dude.

oldhaole

Veteran
Somebody has been Paying Attention.....

Somebody has been Paying Attention.....

Let this be a lesson to you. No matter how much time passes between trips, there is always one of you that has been paying attention, and subsequently..... He kinda knows around where the bodies are burried. Come to think about it, he knows exactly who is burried where.

Sure, I can dig them up, and put them on display, I doubt it is gonna smell good, but if you really want to know about this shit, literally, hang on..... we can do this, but it's gonna get done my way.

It's called spin.

We all do it. A story is almost never told without it. A story unspun goes nowhere. Put it down, and it topples right over. Shit! The last time your old lady asked where the hell you were when you were suppose to be helping her? MIA? Betcha you spun like a professional. So it's not like we all don't do it to one degree or another.

By the way, when I do it, we call it spin. You do it? Same same. When any of the entire subspecies we call female do it.... it has a different name. Then it's called, say it with me......

BULLSHIT!

Got it? Thought so.

Anyway, give me a sec to get this going.....This is gonna be a hard sell.

Oh! I forgot to tell you what happens when too much spin is applied.

More better I show you. Blame DB.... this was his idea!

Ok. Ask any of my friends. I'm a cheap fuck. I see no reason to buy, what I can otherwise beg, borrow, steal, or make myself. If you are patient, some times stuff you need falls off a truck, right outside your driveway. Other times stuff you need is just a question.

"Dude? What you gonna do with that load of chips? The dump? That's twenty miles, if you like, dump 'em at my house. It's a mile down the road. I'll give you a fifty bucks". Worst he can say is no.

Guess what? Those chips be mine. And every time they are up here and he is working..... I get a call.

So what the hell am I doing forking over 20 bucks a bag for something I can make at home for next to nothing? One thing a planter garden does is eat soil. Every year those planters should be taken apart and refilled with fresh dirt. That's work, and thus out of the question. But if you make a real hot compost, you can mix a couple of buckets in each planter when the hole is put to sleep, plant clover, then let it sit for half a year. When you need six months of production out of that hole.... it performs.

So, Dog Shit Compost. Yep. Since we have only four dogs left, the ratio is off, but I throw all of it in with next years compost. It takes six months to collect enough stuff for a good sized pile, Then I bury it for another six months, along with all the other stuff the garden produces. So I hate to disappoint you, but it is really about 5% or less of dog shit. The rest is the usual stuff.

The results speak for themselves. Last year, using zero store soil, only dog shit compost, potted starts straight into compost, each Skunkdog clone planted in that way yielded a pound a plant. The starts in FF ocean? Two ozs less average.

It works, better than what I could buy, and all I gotta do is collect shit. Seems to be a no brainer. A little dog shit never hurt anyone.

Besides the dog shit compost, a half pallet of the stinkless Chickenshit got mangled in shipment. Nobody else wanted it, so they dropped it here, and I spread it on the garden. Cost me nothing.

Ok... you can say it now.... EEwwwwww......

Feel better?

The bucketheads? You'd like to see a return of the bucketheads, and frankly so would I. The bucketheads only appear when there are trees behind them. If trees happen, so will the bucketheads.
Promise.

As for the rest.... that ain't me.

I prefer the story about the hemphead from Maui that slips in shit, yet always comes up smelling like a rose.

Next time you see him, tell him I'm looking for him.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we need some more pics....

we need some more pics....

pardon me for the interruption to your eloquent dialog, good sir..

but at day 41

Dutch-fucking-Treat!!!!!
picture.php

Galacti-fucking-ca!!!!!
picture.php

resume your shit

Nice to see ya continue the tradition, OH.

Since we're apparently still on commercial break, here's a couple indoor girls from the mainland desert...

Both are in 15 gallon smart pots. Drawback is...how the heck do you flush 15 gallon smart pots in a tub, with the shower at the other end of the house? Oh well. I slowly cut back on nutes and tried to have 'em burn-off residual nutes as best they could, then did a mini flush. Who knew...smart pots might not be so smart. They damn sure didn't warn me this was going to happen, lol.

Both are my own blend at 10 weeks.
The one on the left is Coletus (GDP x LA Conf then crossed to femmed WW pollen)
The other is a Haole Skunk. (Hawaiian Skunk x femmed WW pollen) Doesn't smell anything like skunk, but is a little like fruity-diesel. You can see where I broke the mainstem on the HS from dragging 'em outta the bedroom. Oh well. Time to harvest 'em anyway.

Coletus bud:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Well, if you can't flush in situ, a cement mixing tray and a moving-dolly will do the trick.

I don't "flush", personally.
The whole idea is scientifically unsound.
But I'm happy to assist folks that believe in it. :)

Aloha,
Wee

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Wow, I fell off the face of the planet!

Still hanging in tho. Good to see the old faces are still all here, got some back reading to do.

oldhaole

Veteran
Make up Your Own Damn Title....

Make up Your Own Damn Title....

Well, as promised, Febuary sucked. Eight whole plants. Weatherwise, it went pretty well. This is suppose to be our rainiest month, but this year, not so much. I read somewhere that Hilo went 23 days with no rain, they seldom go 23 hours without some liquid sunshine on any normal Winter day, so this year, despite a few downpours, is shaping up to be a dry one.

The signs of Winter cracking, are out there. The fruit trees are flowering, and the first Jackaranda flowers have emerged too. The fronts don't have the blast of cold air behind them, and the days are 11 hours, 46 minutes long, and most importantantly, we are adding about a minute more sunshine each day to the photoperiod. Couple more weeks we'll be at 12/12.

I'm burnt.

Let me do this the easy way.

Here offered without comment are some of the kids.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Of course, just because I skipped commenting on your comments, I reserve the right to return to them, and I do have some things to say.... just when the urge to crank you up overides the need to crash.

One more.

picture.php

oldhaole

Veteran
It's Like the Sound of Winter.

It's Like the Sound of Winter.

Ya smell that?

It's there, waiting, creeping closer with each sunrise. I've found when you get to this point, it is far better to ignore it, play games, do something, anything to keep your little brain from becoming too fixated of what's at your door. If your really desperate, you can start a growlog, unload all your hostility on some unsuspecting schmuck on the internet.....

This year it starts early, hell, most years it doesn't even begin until April.....nope, this year we are fucking the donkey early and often. I hope your ready, cause god knows I'm not.

picture.php

Mind strong, Body strong.
Try to find equilibrium.
Head straight, screwed on.
Been screwed up for too long.

Looking back, a couple of short months ago, it was nothing but an abstract plan, a scheme that screamed over reach, but that's OK. Me and over reach go way back. Now that everything is there in front of you.....

It's called......

Oh fuck! I hope they don't fly!

I don't want to lean on the waves.
I watch the storm evaporate.
I think of you in starry skies.
I keep you so alive.

See, For once I followed my own advise. Back in the last part, I even called this the bonus round. Down in the bottom garden there are some very nice Scogi's 10 days away from harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Then we move to the left side of the gulch. Two Skunkdogs and a GG4. After all that is done, it's to the new terraces, gogis, skunkdogs, and a beast. Lot's of plants to take, one month and a few days to get it all done.

picture.php

Say this works. One month, take them all. See the problem? Should I do this the correct way, next month, we get nothing. If I was to do this the sneaky corrupt way, I'd have a room full of Skunkdog starts ready to go, and I would have the garden loaded to the gills, knocking down days outside, now, instead of waiting for the take on the Scogis to replant. Even though I have the room.....I can't. we have to leave room for some big ones from seed. Better get on that now.

Medusa smiles, Judas lips,
Open arms and finger tips.
Love bites and recompense,
I'll be with you until the end.

So, there is a plan, and strangly enough, it seems to be working.

But.....

Still early in the game, but things feel right. March's weather will be critical. If the dry spell holds? We could be off to a fast start.

Remember my last log? I warned you, then, these things will either be a whine or a gloat. Obviously that still holds. Right now, the jury is out, and it won't be in for awhile. And all that remain are possiblities.

Let's walk through the fire together,
Disappear in the golden sands.
It's all in your face.
I see you break.
It's like the sound of winter.
The bleeding love, the silent escape.
You've got to hang on to yourself.

Canni... welcome back. Save you some reading. All I have been doing is, as Rusty so hurtfully pointed out, commercials.

That implies I'm trying to sell you something. Not true. I'm trying to distract you for awhile 'til the first harvest is close.... then we got something to talk about. Frankly, I got nuthin' to sell you.

As weather to flush or not.... in pots, I go with Rusty.

Last edited:

oldhaole

Veteran
One Last Blast.....

One Last Blast.....

Gee Grey. Thanks for those lovely pictures of the B team.

I know for a fact you could have moved three spots to the left and taked a picture of some REAL pot, but NO.... we get the dregs. Dump 'em here.

Gee thanks!

For nuthin'!

Dutch treat? Dude. Come on, that's not something you want to tell the world. I grow pot that doesn't get you high for morons that don't know any better.

It smells good. It tastes good. It looks good. But you can smoke six joints of that garbage and not catch a buzz.

Why bother? Might as well smoke mainland weed. Same thing.

And your little genetic project? Jurys out. Gonna be either real good, or we won't talk about it here.

picture.php

picture.php

And while we are at it....

I find your lack of holding product back, then bumming from me to be worthy of congratulations. Where did it all go? who cares?

Well done sir.

I'll be down tomorrow, or is it today? We have Beast, Scogi, and Gogi wax. Name which ONE to bring.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahahahahahaha
and you didn't even talk stink on the galactica!
you know i feel you on the dutch. I do.
i really do. same as Casper.
its for filling holes and lining pockets. and for keeping a little around for the women and light tokers that dont want to get reallllllly high they just want to have a little fun.
we are connoisseurs. we are spoiled. and "fuck yes!" to that!!!!!

hmmmm
Beast is your wife's selection of Gorilla Glue X Gogi
Scogi is the skunkdawg x Gogi
and the plain ole Gogi....

survey says: lets go Gogi action!!!!

you didn't see the unicef flag over the house?
I didn't either but fuckers keep lining up with hands out.
FUCK IM PICKING UP THOSE HABITS!!!!!

those plants look great dude.
and like you won't blast me on the forum - yes you will and you fucking better!
if its deserved.... you know i learn best the hard way.

Gonna go drop off na keiki, then scoop up some 54" cages for the OGs transplanting this morning, then start filling pots and setting them up.

looking forward to getting an earful. love you bro

Casper808

Howzeeet boyz!!!!all looks good especially da first 4 pictures of keikis...hmmm lemme see..unknown,wifi,gogi,tigers milk...and no Dutch treat pictures...meco flyin power lines this week...all goin sweet for you..wifi erl?da bes on Maui oh and Greyskull ...upcountry Ganga inc.....shoooooooootz......