What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Power? ... if not, why not?

Former Guest

i have the perfect one for you! Banghi Haze. it was breed in spain for the cloudy summers and is a short flowering sativa. i think it's ace seeds that has them and there are several threads and stickies in the ace seeds forum about it. people really seem to like it. i have two freebie seeds i want to pop this summer as the weather is similar.

NFT is a hard system for a beginner so i think she did well if over vegging was her only problems :)

MJBadger

Veteran
Us ladies have to keep growing and not listen to any of the negativeity from whoever it is!!
Keep it green ladies love you all!!!!

Will back that up 100% & I love you all to .

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why would women need a special grow section...grow a thicker skin as guys aint gonna clean up their act any....lol...its still the same plant....you could call it the sensitive growers section alternative lifestyle accepted too ....lol...fuck garden gnomes I want a grower babe....lol.....yeehaw

:laughing: Still chuckling over that.

Thicker skin, yes. It's like women in construction or the kitchen. Some guys are fine with it, some are going to proposition you for sex all the time, and others are going to haze you (this happens to everyone, regardless of sex) to see how you deal with it. Ridicule is par for the course, how would you know what a stupid question is if you never ask any?

Things are how they are here. I don't browse GC/RIU/etc often, but considering the majority of their users are under 19, it would assume it's worse.

Trout, I think I may have discovered the secret to our solitude :biggrin:

FarmFree

Ok, a question for the women growers listening; do you do any seed-making? I was rereading the cteating your own seed thread, and I'm going give it a try.

I have a Mikado (one of my all-time fav plants) showing male, and we'll see how i do trying to pollinate just a couple of bottom buds on one or two of his roommates!

nan

Hello, I am just coming back after a few years absence from here.
Yes, I do make seeds, and have for a years now. For outdoors, I much prefer seed over clones. I am no scientist, just a home gardener and medical user trying to figure things out.

My good friend of 25 years is also a woman and she got me started 13 years ago. I was a terrible prohibitionist about cannabis, AND very sick. Cannabis has brought me so much healing. Since then I have become a staunch medical use supporter and find that being out of pain and misery is quite recreational too, LOL. I grow outdoors using organic food safe practices.

Things really are a little different for women I find. Frankly, I am often actually stunned by how it can be. It just doesn't make sense. But it is what it is. I think I see some evolution tho. For instance my husband has joined in to help in the past few years. My elderly father has found the topicals and edibles help him and my mother a great deal and he is a huge fan of growing the ladies. He gets so tickled about growing a huge tree in just a few months.

Former Guest

I was discussing about how we can actually have a thread where the guys don't come in every few comments and tell us that we can't have our own forum or whatever. I came up with an idea: social group on icmag. some of them appear to be invite only with private discussions so we can have a small space to ourselves. would anyone be interested in something like that? I could set it up if no one else wants to.

nan, glad to have you!! would love to pick your brain about making the salves. i haven't really looked much into that but it didn't look terribly hard.

farmfree, i wish i could help ya.

nan

Thank you, Lady. I am happy to be back. The salves, balms and liniments are really easy and offer powerful effects. Even easier is to infuse what you already like, if you can make up Jello, you can do this. For instance Bag Balm is something we have always used in our family. My aging and weather damaged skin has really benefited from hemp and coconut oils and the benefits of cannabis increased healing and pain relief. We use for pain and injuries, it is AMAZING for burns. I just read Russo's information on CBD and some of the things it helps with. I grew out 4 high cbd strains so am working those up now.

I think there could be a benefit of having an area for women to be able to work things out. There are some things that are different for us IMO. Don't get me wrong I love my men; husband, son, grandson. I am blessed with a father and grandfather who value women as partners and equals. I am no shrinking violet, but I need regular respite from the "testosterone tornados" to complete my work and stay sane.

Former Guest

well I looked into creating a social group so we can have private threads and make it invite only. you have to be a senior member and have a 1000 posts or subscribe. I thought maybe I could create another thread in here but I don't think that would work as well although we could just skip the posts asking why we need our own thread and just respond to the other ladies or friendly general question like the guy who asked about for suggestions for his wife to grow in spain a few posts back.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was discussing about how we can actually have a thread where the guys don't come in every few comments and tell us that we can't have our own forum or whatever. I came up with an idea: social group on icmag. some of them appear to be invite only with private discussions so we can have a small space to ourselves. would anyone be interested in something like that? I could set it up if no one else wants to.

nan, glad to have you!! would love to pick your brain about making the salves. i haven't really looked much into that but it didn't look terribly hard.

farmfree, i wish i could help ya.

There's a social group already going...it's called the ladies of icmag...I sent you an invite....only the members that are invited to the group can read the posts and the super mods so it's pretty private, I forget that it's there, haven't posted there in along time but feel free to do so and let me know who else would like to join and ill send an invite
Thanks for reminding me about it ladyluck 😎

nan

This is good news. I am still learning my way around the site and seeing how things work. There are some amazing work by the ladies here (still miss Medjool) Things have changed while I was gone. Mrs. Babba, I would like to be part of this too if you think it OK. I know I don't have many posts yet.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is good news. I am still learning my way around the site and seeing how things work. There are some amazing work by the ladies here (still miss Medjool) Things have changed while I was gone. Mrs. Babba, I would like to be part of this too if you think it OK. I know I don't have many posts yet.

That's good nan, keep checking things out, so much info here it can get over whelming at times....not sure how any posts you have to have to join a social group, I'll check into it and get you an invite if you have enough posts 😀

Kusharella

A girl joins ICM, writes 6 posts. One of those is "hey girl power let's shit all over the guys and show em they ain't nuttin" kind of threads, believed by the poster to be a rally cry for women all over the globe.

How nice.

Sounds like a playground pickup challenge. Sorry but it just does.

I agree with customized forums, but not necessarily broken down by sex. Men are not bigger asshats than women. Women are not more immature than men. Both men and women are capable of grandiose image crafting of their cannabis superiority over all other farmers. BOTH are capable and BOTH engage in booby strutting ass displays in equal measure (truth be discovered). Know what kind of breakdown I'd like ? AGE !

Oh yeah ...................... AGE !!!!!!!

You'd be surprised how many members "turn off" as soon as they discover a poster is 25 and under. Or that magical mulligan of maturity that occurs between 25 and 30. Those younger than this are already mad. Those older, get it.

30 and up - appreciate that growing cannabis is not a "grow war" where you must grab accolades and destroy your "competition".

30 and down ............ well .................

As with everything in life there are exceptions - there are people younger than 30 who actually draw others in with their maturity, knowledge, and generosity in sharing it. There are also people older than 30 who are internally 12 trapped in an aging sagging body they can't afford to facelift.

GENERALLY - it is the woman under 30 who springs to action in a campaign to unify other women and inject them with the attitude that men deserve some kind of humbling for their arrogant (age related) attitudes about women growers.

Girl power ? Nah ...... no thanks. Why ? Because it's stupid. Girls have been growing the ganja LONGER than men as they were the world's first farmers. Men still hunted. Early agriculture was like cleaning toilets - women's work. Anyone who thinks guys grow better because they're guys? Especially a GIRL who believes that ? COME ON !

I'm here to bond with other growers. I don't care if you're a girl, guy, hermie, or yet to be determined. If you're not an asshat I'm already liking you.

:)

Kusharella

That was my FIRST post ? Dang ........... I should have chosen the name Lurkarella. It's about time I sprung from the field. ;)

nan

That was my FIRST post ? Dang ........... I should have chosen the name Lurkarella. It's about time I sprung from the field. ;)

I just got back in here myself after a long stretch. Yes GirlPower sounds like a gratuitous feminine product come-on to me a bit. But, it got us talking right?

FWIW I had a conversation with my paternal grandfather 10 years ago, just before he passed about my gardening. He told me his mother grew cannabis in her herb garden for the family needs before it was outlawed. When it was outlawed she dutifully chopped it down and fed her seed to the birds. She would not risk exposing her family to prosecution no matter her feelings about the laws and her knowledge it was wrong.

You are right in that, traditionally women were the ones who gathered and planted while men hunted. It is my personal opinion it changed to "men's work" when there was profit to be taken. You can see that repeated in the case of cooking, healing skills, and so on.

Much of cannabis cultivation practices are from black market pressures to conceal, maximize quick production for weight and profit. So much has been remedied for the health of the plant and it's users these past few years by the nurturing and purposeful work and community of places like this.

Nurturing and the growing of plants and people has been the traditional role of women. It is wonderful to see it practiced and appreciated by both sexes and all ages now with the cultivation and use of cannabis.

In my own life I have to bust my men when they use their habits of male chauvinism as they do me for my female chauvinism. Habits I have learned and are unaware of.

It is here in this exchange with the women AND MEN who are working through this that I would like to see common community for my personal development and cannabis appreciation and education. I felt that was where this thread might head so chimed in.

I do think it is a gender issue. Only because any of us over the age of 30 are carrying a lot of gender stereotype baggage that needs to be unpacked.

Former Guest

In real life men have been helpful and generally nice for the most part. The forum seems to have a different dynamic for some reason. It's nice knowing there are a few ladies on here as not all of them have obvious names like us. I would prefer it be like real life but online forums seem to bring out personalities more than others. It has nothing to do with age. Get on here and talk some more. I'm sure you'll get it. I thought it was obvious just by lurking.

Latest posts

Latest posts