What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MilehighGuy's Organic Soil Journal

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks guys for inspiring me to cut down a bit on my azomite in my mix. good info!
mhg - nice show! pullin up a bucket...

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Microbe Man Verified my Math on the Compost tea! Good to know.

What I recommend and usually use myself is 0.50% by volume of water so for one gallon you use 0.005 of a gallon which is kinda difficult to measure so go to http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm and input the
0.005 gal which equals 0.08 of a cup or 18.9 (19) ml in the real world or 0.639 ounces or 3.84 (4) teaspoons or 1.28 tablespoons or 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon (roughly) PER gallon

So at 4 gallons x 0.08 of a cup we do indeed get 0.32 of a cup

DING DING DING You win the prize!

Neo 420

Veteran
Microbe Man Verified my Math on the Compost tea! Good to know.

I concede. You was correct. Bummer though.. I have been under-nourishing my tea's for quite some time now. Matter of fact I have a tea now brewing that needs attention. LOL..... :tiphat:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

Can you source locally? I had to have it shipped in, which meant a deal where shipping was basically 1/3 the frickin' cost..

I'm good for a while now though :D

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Had to have it shipped in... I called dyna-gro and they broke up a 50lb bag and shipped me 10lb for $20 plus some 7-10 on shipping.

But now I have enough for awhile.... Same story...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:wallbash:

Mine had to come from OR, .. I ended up with two 6 lb boxes, shipped, for about $40.. :yoinks:

But still.. :good:

Can't wait to see this thread get rollin'! Still running that blue hash gimmick? :party:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Mine had to come from OR, .. I ended up with two 6 lb boxes, shipped, for about $40..

But still..

Can't wait to see this thread get rollin'! Still running that blue hash gimmick?

I can't wait either!

I went and checked on my soil pile today... when I walked into my workshop it smelled like crab meal and dirt it was intense!

The humidity of the whole workshop is perfect and the soil was so hot that my shop ambient temperature was noticeably warmer... not a bad thing for my setup at all.

I reached my hand into the middle of the soil pile and it was HOT to the touch. Things are starting already :dance013:

As for the Blue hash... Hell Yes! I love her sooo much.

Here is one lady that I just threw into flower... Look at the roots in the tray, I couldn't believe it! This one is in living soil also....

picture.php

:tiphat:

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
:wallbash:

Mine had to come from OR, .. I ended up with two 6 lb boxes, shipped, for about $40.
Neem Resource dba The Ahimsa Foundation in Minnesota

Organic Neem and Karanja Meals - 5 lbs. for $10.00 with far lower price per lb. for full bags (20 kg/44 lbs. from India - the real deal)

KIS Organics - Redmond, Washington which sells the product from Neem Resource. They use the US Postal Service's '1 box same shipping costs' which is a real money saver. This is the company that designs and sells ACT brewing systems, i.e. CT GUY

Not sure of the exact price per lb. but it will be less than Neem Resource and the S&H will be far lower as well.

Organic forms of these meals contain 3x the levels of the compounds that provide the pesticide and fungicide benefits than are found in the conventional versions from Dyna-Gro and Down-To-Earth which is from Dyna-Gro under a distribution license, i.e. it's the same product.

This increase in these compounds also applies to the oils from these trees.

HTH

CC

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Neem Resource dba The Ahimsa Foundation in Minnesota

Organic Neem and Karanja Meals - 5 lbs. for $10.00 with far lower price per lb. for full bags (20 kg/44 lbs. from India - the real deal)

KIS Organics - Redmond, Washington which sells the product from Neem Resource. They use the US Postal Service's '1 box same shipping costs' which is a real money saver. This is the company that designs and sells ACT brewing systems, i.e. CT GUY

Not sure of the exact price per lb. but it will be less than Neem Resource and the S&H will be far lower as well.

Organic forms of these meals contain 3x the levels of the compounds that provide the pesticide and fungicide benefits than are found in the conventional versions from Dyna-Gro and Down-To-Earth which is from Dyna-Gro under a distribution license, i.e. it's the same product.

This increase in these compounds also applies to the oils from these trees.

HTH

CC

Very Very Good Info! I feel so blessed to be a part of this community.

:thank you:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
^^^^ Thanks Neo!!!

Sooooo, I lifted my tarp a little bit today and peaked at my new soil pile.... Worms wiggled away from the light and then I noticed a blanket of Activity on the soil's surface, plus it's producing a good amount of heat. Although it seems to have cooled a bit from a week ago.

Damn I'm so Excited.

I'll have to take some pictures tonight of the Current No-Till Run that I want to improve upon.... and I'll also show some pictures of the Negative effects of too much blood and bone meal... which is why I started reading the Organic Forums to begin with.

Anyways, I'll be back soon!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Some more HPS photos....

Roshi Gumball 5 weeks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354982638.189573.jpg

Afghan kush skunk... Beautiful, but looks like she is taking longer to flower....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354982751.422169.jpg

Some Bob Marley's Collie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354982859.471240.jpg

C99

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354982883.539096.jpg

More Roshi Gumball starting to purple

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354982927.689031.jpg

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
MHD

Do you have a photo/image editor on your computer? Many of the retail programs have an easy to use 'fix-it filter' for HPS and other lighting challenges.

CC

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks Cootz - I'll try that. Tonight I'm going in about 1 minute before lights on and snapping some flash pics... and some while the bulbs spark up, should be fun.

NEW GEAR!

5x5 Tent that I plan on using as my 10 gallon smart pot veg tent... my current 4x4 tent will be just for clones and seeds.... maybe small 1 gallon vegging before the go into the 10 gallons in the new tent.

Large Air Cooled Hood

600w Metal Halide Bulb

600w Digital dimmable ballast

Good Quality, great price... over here

My Aloe Vera powder will be here on Monday and today I'm sprouting a whole mix of seeds that I had in my sprouting kit... can't wait to try this foliar spray.

I've been battling spider mites and have been able to keep them at bay with a weekly spray... but that's not good enough for me.

3 days ago I hit them with a rosemary oil blend....

Tonight they are getting sprayed with Dr. Bronners citrus soap and Karanja Plus Neem Oil foliar.

3 Days from now they will be getting a Nice blast of Cilantro and Aloe.

..... Now that I understand your breeding cycle, you are powerless against me spider mites Bwwwahhhahahahahahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts