What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What determines ph of nutes?

I have benn growing using sunshine mix number 4 soilless, I have been using advanced nutes and setting ph of nutes to 5.8 . I have changed my nutes to age old organics and was told to set ph to6.5-7 . I have been having major yellowing leaves in 3rd week of flower. I think I should not have change my ph regardless of what nute was used.

My question is being I'm using sunshine mix number four I should keep my ph set ay around5.8 no matter what nute I changed to.

Am I right to think that the medium used is what determines what the nute ph should be set at.

Thank you

Faint

T

TribalSeeds

Yes, the medium determines PH not nute brand. You were told to ph for soil at 6.5-7, not soiless. I think most people use around 6 with this mix

decrimCA

I have benn growing using sunshine mix number 4 soilless, I have been using advanced nutes and setting ph of nutes to 5.8 . I have changed my nutes to age old organics and was told to set ph to6.5-7 . I have been having major yellowing leaves in 3rd week of flower. I think I should not have change my ph regardless of what nute was used.

My question is being I'm using sunshine mix number four I should keep my ph set ay around5.8 no matter what nute I changed to.

Am I right to think that the medium used is what determines what the nute ph should be set at.

Thank you

Faint

Yes, medium is certainly important.

That said, I've had far fewer pH problems using pH Perfect Technology from Advanced Nutrients than I had when I was first starting out.

I think pH is impacted by a number of different environment issues and growing issues, so it's hard to narrow it down to just 'one' thing that you're doing wrong.

Usually, it's a bunch of things that cause trouble.