What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
That Sharksbreath looks fantastic mate, enjoy it. Great variety of strains on the next run, loving your efforts man, looking forward to seeing them progress!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pontiac - thanks man, i had a little tickle of the shark and very promising - after a hit i could feel my shoulder muscles relaxing almost immediately - the great white shark influence is still quite strong, but the lambsbread sativa really makes it very uplifting as well. It should get better too and i reckon the yield will be as high as anything else in the cab

jamrockjay - lol - thanks - you could say it's confidence trying the Black Forrest in a 4 foot high cab, or you could say it's foolhardy! time will tell...

snap - yeah i've been lucky to pick up some good strains/cuts recently. what i really wanted to run was the uk cheese but i'm a long way from having it vegged up - at least it will have a long veg for next time!. also powerplant i wanted to run but the same, not vegged enough. these will be in next turn.

---

weighed the martian mean green today as it's dry - got 75 grams, not bad for 62.5 watts(250 divided by 4), the 420 will be a similar weight i think and the sharksbreath may just top them both.
ill do a full harvest report soon...)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Veg soil mix

Veg soil mix

someone asked me about the soil mix i use for vegging so here it is. i use this for my mums too.

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
3 parts perlite
1 part wormcasts
1 part mushroom compost

dolomite lime powder 5g/litre
N guano 5g/litre
P guano 5g/litre
seaweed meal 5g/litre

ive also just got hold of some rock potash (noticed my cheese mum has potassium def. ) so i'll be adding that at 2.5g/litre to start with as well.

it may seem a bit over the top but you only have to mix soil once so i think it's worth making it the best you can.
there is an old gardening proverb that i like which says
'spend a penny on the plant and a pound on the hole'
well weed seeds are pretty expensive too but you get the general meaning!

i also repot the plants twice in veg, once into the above mix but with just first 4 ingredients (same as LC's basic mix but with topsoil substituted for some of the peat)
then when they are growing i repot again into the full mix. repotting a few times really helps keep the root mass up and helps the veg i think.

hope that helps

V.

HashishinReidi

Looking pukka VG, one thing i would say though as i notice your screens are prity far up.

Have you not thought about having them abit lower,that way your scren would fill up quicker.As they dont have to go up as far and as its lower down that way they would be going across filling up the screen quicker.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking pukka VG, one thing i would say though as i notice your screens are prity far up.

Have you not thought about having them abit lower,that way your scren would fill up quicker.As they dont have to go up as far and as its lower down that way they would be going across filling up the screen quicker.

thanks HR, you are right about the screens! the in the first round (that just finished) the canes didnt push into the pots as far as i expected. on the second round that i just set up with the round pots i cut 2-3 inches off the bottom of the canes and the pots are a bit shallower (but bigger) so the screens are 4 inches or so lower. i set the NL screen a couple inches higher because that was the lowest one at the end last round. hopefully i can keep fine-tuning it but i was more than pleased with the results for a first go - im worried now i'll never quite top that yield but hey - we can only try. :joint:

stay safe

V.

hazy

Veteran
Yeah, that VB cross sounds killer. Should be that soaring high thing a good sat does. You could always wind the branches around as they grow. Enjoy that Shark's Breath. I'm growing out a Sour Diesel/Lamb'sbreath cross right now.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazy thanks for stopping by and checking my little cab out - the VB cross, Black Forrest is the 'highest' thing ive ever smoked, i gave a few seeds to my mate who i'd just built a big room for - figured he had the space! - and the result is pretty amazing. This friend of mine has done the cannabis world tour, made hash in marocco, rif mountains, even afganistan for a year or so, and he said it had been 15 years since he'd totally lost his mind from smoking - until the Black Forrest came along. Its gonna be a while but i look forward to it. if i get an extra female i'll stick it outside.

cheers

V.

Asil

Very nice. Love the seperate screens. Now If the was a way to be able to easily disconect buckets from a RDWC. Those buds looked so nice and juicy. Great job!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Asil!

---

as i sit typing the UK is in the midst of a mini heatwave and temps are getting quite high. Up my loft it must be touching 100 and i was going to describe how i have tried to control temps up there.

insulating the whole loft space wasnt really an option for me so i properly insulated about 6 feet at one end of my loft and then created an enclosed 'room' with a curtain of silver bubble insulation. It was winter at the time and it meant i could keep this tiny room warm with a greenhouse fan heater and my grow cabs were in there. this worked fine even during the coldest spell we have had in 20 years. it worked well until the summer came along and then i had heat problems.

then i installed an air intake that drew cooler air from our bedroom below - i cut a 5" hole in the ceiling inside our built-in wardrobe (would have been 6" but 5" was the biggest hole cutter i own!) the air from the air goes through the mum and veg cabs, into the flower cab and out into the loft, so now the temp of my cab is much lower than the loft,with the insulated room still being cooler even with the warm air from the grow being exhausted into it.. the top cupboard of our wardrobe that has the intake now make an ideal place to dry buds without odour problems as the air is taken up through the grow and out through the carbon filter!

if you can control temps the loft is a very stealthy place to grow.

pics later

V.

Nice setup VerdantGreen. I'm gonna have to try the modScrog eventually.

On a side note, I'd trade my right arm for a real cut of Lambsbread :rasta: Hope you enjoyd that smoke!

Hope you don't mind an organic-noob hanging around :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey osf - thanks for stopping by. there are many ways of doing organic, i keep mine pretty simple with no teas etc but it seems to be working well.

there is a good slice of lambsbread in that pheno of sharksbreath but the great white shark is still circling in there! nice uplifting high but also relaxing, you can feel your shoulders relax as you start to take off. very potent and resinous. the other pheno's my mate had were much more stoney and the high was shorter lived. i'll probably paper bag it tonite so still no cure and it should get better

best

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest report

Harvest report

Right here is the numbers for the harvest on the last round

Northern Lights = 60g (i think i'll get better than that with a longer veg.) great smoke, very well balanced melty high.
420 = 75g smells great - lemon sweets, disappointing high.
Martian Mean Green = 75g smells of parsnips and haze , strong, dis-orienting 'hey wow' type of high.
Sharksbreath = 82g best yielder and best smoke of the lot. good medicinal qualities, muscle relaxing and painkilling, plenty of head and strong body high without being too sedating.

so total yield = 292g

grams per watt = 1.168 :joint:

that'll do me!

ive been collecting some pollen from a MLI male and also a Geurilla Gold 2 male that i have out in my greenhouse Geurilla gold is an early potent outdoor strain from canada. i plan to make my first cannabis seeds this round. The GG is great for making other strains earlier outdoors when crossed.

later

V.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Really nice haul bro, that Sharksbreath is a beast.. almost 3oz from a square foot of screen, and it's the best smoke to boot? I'd call that a result!

socbutter

Stupendous Harvest

Stupendous Harvest

To think that my goal is not to kill my plants:laughing:

In a fit of impatience/jealousy/potential I decided to germinate another BLUERYDER perhaps my total will be an ounce.

so total yield = 292g

kushism

Verdant I love watching your journal!!!! 292g from your setup is awesome!!!!! More grams that watts of light.. beautiful.. i just wonder what i could do with that sharksbreath.. I would love to get my technique down to be able to get at least a gram per watt, but i am afraid the cuts of og and bubba i have do not yield like that.. I will be lucky to see 42+gram og plants, and 36+ gram bubba plants..

i have begun my estimates on what i should get dried and cured.. I am thinking about 1200 grams from 35 plants total.. 900+ from the bubba(under 1600 combined mh and hps), and 320+ from the 8 og(under a 1000 hps).. these strains are not huge yielders, but the quality makes it well worth it..

so i am assuming to get grams per watt you divide total grams by total wattage? in my case lets say 1200 grams divided by 2600 watts = .46 grams per watt(not such a great number, but i have more space and plants to make up for it).. hopefully next run i can push it to past half a gram per watt..

Very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
so i am assuming to get grams per watt you divide total grams by total wattage? in my case lets say 1200 grams divided by 2600 watts = .46 grams per watt(not such a great number, but i have more space and plants to make up for it).. hopefully next run i can push it to past half a gram per watt..

Pretty much mang... Watts divided by Yield..

1g/watt is generally considered to be the point at which you've got your space dialled in, and can regard your growing as competant. By no means the upper limit of what could be acheived, but a sign you've moved up from basic to intermediate level growing!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
socbutter, kush and snap - thanks for the encouragement! - i was pleased myself and hope i can keep it up or improve on it. i kind of wish i knew what it was that made the difference - my soil mix has quite a few additives so i dont know if one of them made more difference than another (although i think guano is good, animal manure has an effect on plant growth that little else can match imo)
also my reflector is very efficient (ecotechnics diamond) - with electricity so expensive it seems false economy not to use a proper reflector - although some seem to get good results with home made ones i wouldnt know where to start.

best

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Black Forrest

Black Forrest

well here are two of the seedlings, slightly stretched due to a 10 watt cfl light but i was worried about temps.
picture.php

the third seed hadnt germed after a few days so i dug it up and sanded through the seed shell a little then replanted it. sure enough it has also germed now!:woohoo:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok here is the flowering cab with the canopy taking shape

and the quarters:
back left is arjans haze 3 at 17 days
back right is Maple leaf indica at 23 days - these have been very stretchy, i guess 2 on a screen is pushing it and also seed plants have more vigor than clones
front right is NL at 9 days - i vegged this one up good!
front right is Blueberry at 14 days - this will carry on stretching for another week or 2 but doing well so far.
picture.php

and from the side
picture.php

lastly a pic of my overstuffed mum cab - i dont want to fire up the veg cab until the weather has cooled a little. the only plant with slight heat stress is the arjans haze 3 clone just next to the seedlings.
picture.php

socbutter

Encourgement from Your Grow

Encourgement from Your Grow

Well after witnessing your stupendous grow and others (growMED, rebo et.al.) I when ahead a purchase a grow tent (39"x39"x78") and 400 watt HPS ballast & bulb, from hgtsupply, to upgrade my current setup.:woohoo:

I will probably change my soil mix a little using equal parts FFOF and Light Warrior with a little Earthworm Castings. FFOF maybe a little to hot initially, but the seedling seem to have adjusted.

Now that my Portable air conditioner is keeping the temps stable the added accessories would further enhance the grow environment.

Sorry to ramble on, just getting contact high from seeing your beautiful pictures:laughing: