What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Pirates Cave" (and a Perpetual Sea Of Green)

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Thank you !!

GH,

I will need to set up for an online DIY. I'll post photos, steps I take and materials I use. A complete DIY with photos showing plants growing so ya know it works before ya build.

On another note:
I installed that Dehumidifier 2 days ago and I've pulled 9 gallons of freakin water out of the air since. UNBELIEVABLE. 9 gallons water just hanging around in the air in a small ass room. No wonder I got mold.:fsu:

L

LolaGal

Stand down or taste my sword! I am taking this vessel over. Aaargh....

:D

What up Pirate? Hope you get rid of mold...but seriously, you shoulda thought about that before taking up residence in a cave.....LOL

Pirate

Veteran
I was sailing along one day and was out of water and food when I happened to spy an island I knew would have fresh springs of crystal water and coconuts. My mouth was watering in anticipation as I left my ship for the white sand beach of this tropical paradise.

I was stopped dead in my tracks by the owner of this island. I was very surprised because I thought it was deserted since it was uncharted.

picture.php

He started to climbed up into a defensive position:

picture.php

When I saw this ugly bitch I about shit my britches !!
I knew he was there to fight (or her) I didn't check for genitals)

I took a small stick and was poking at em. The bastard reared up on his 4 back legs..........used his 2 front legs to grab the stick...........and then grabbed it with his powerful jaws and was strong enough to actually give me a good little tug of war. I knew if he bit me.......I would be in pain. (that part is true)

He started to stare me down and threatening me in defense of his Island
(full of treasure I am sure)

picture.php

I drew my sword and a duel ensued :dueling: but my swing was not strong enough to penetrate his thick armor and my sword snapped in half.

I pulled out my Cannon:

picture.php

But the cannon ball ricocheted right off and blew a hole in the side of my ship. I had to retreat for repairs. I saw him fly away to fight another day.................I'll be looking for ya you blimey critter !! Now I really believe there must be treasure on your island and I WILL BE BACK TO PILAGE YUR PLUNDER.............AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

(And I'm not even high)

Last edited:

Pirate

Veteran
Stand down or taste my sword! I am taking this vessel over. Aaargh....

What up Pirate? Hope you get rid of mold...but seriously, you shoulda thought about that before taking up residence in a cave.....LOL
Bring your best LolaGal !!! I stand ready for another battle of wit and weapon. :dueling:

And yes.........I knew that growing in a treasure cave was gonna produce humidity and I did have a dehumidifier. It just sucked.

My new is the freakin bomb.:woohoo: Worth every penny.

L

LolaGal

Well, that was MY island you were trespassing on. I sent my pirate eating beetles to finish you off....(got em on sale..out of flying monkeys) They are sword proof, but very strong...You thought that cannon ball was a ricochet, BUT, really it was my pirate eating beetle who caught it and threw it back at your ship. (They are well trained and very strong).

Beware trying to my find my treasure on the island. I have booby traps all over the island, and MORE pirate eating beetles. But if you really want to try, go to the North end of the island, take 1550 paces east and dig where the palm trees look like a giant X...(heehee) I left a little surprise there for you, landlubber....:D When I catch you, beware...it will be your weed or else..Mwahahahahaha

UncleBuck

damn thats one tough looking fellow... probably best not to pick a fight with someone bigger & tougher than you! :dueling:

Pirate

Veteran
Well, that was MY island you were trespassing on. I sent my pirate eating beetles to finish you off....(got em on sale..out of flying monkeys) They are sword proof, but very strong...You thought that cannon ball was a ricochet, BUT, really it was my pirate eating beetle who caught it and threw it back at your ship. (They are well trained and very strong).

Beware trying to my find my treasure on the island. I have booby traps all over the island, and MORE pirate eating beetles. But if you really want to try, go to the North end of the island, take 1550 paces east and dig where the palm trees look like a giant X...(heehee) I left a little surprise there for you, landlubber....:D When I catch you, beware...it will be your weed or else..Mwahahahahaha

LANDLUBBER !!!
Oh.......thems be fightin words.

Looks like I found me a Dixie Chick with a sense of humor................ and a hidden treasure..:laughing: I suppose I will have to do some digging to find me surprise.

Le-me go see if I can find me shovel.................:Bolt:

L

LolaGal

Heehee....just in a swashbuckling mood matey!

Hope you sleep well, don't let the pirate eating beetles get ya! They love to crawl in bed with their victims...Mwahahahaha

I am currently sailing in some cold and frozen waters. Ice is building up on my rigging, and my ship, The Black Cobra, was having trouble steering in the horrible storm. I had to pull the Black Cobra into port and ride out the storm there.

Luckily for me, there was a handsome pirate of loose morals and lots of grog at the tavern. I am currently buying a few bales of their finest to fill up the hull of the Black Cobra. I need to fill the empty hold with ballast. A few thousand tons should do the trick, and the Black Cobra will steer much better riding lower in the water.

Well, must get back to my grog and pirate. Beware the storm that comes out of the west. Make sure to batten down the hatches. Put on an extra watch to keep breaking ice on the rail.

LolaGal, Captain of the Black Cobra

Pirate

Veteran
Does the LolaGirl sail?

How else would she know the vessels steers better when sitting low?

L

LolaGal

That's Captain Lola of the Black Cobra, you crusty old seadog! I was born on the waves, and will die on the waves.....aarrgh! There's no ship I couldn't sail, no sea too rough....

Currently cruising the Ohio River headed North. Of course, I had to pull into port and break hearts & drink some grog due to the horrible storm! Then it's back down river to New Orleans with my hold full of bootleg whiskey & weed. Oh the life of a pirate is the life for me!:hijacked: Then it's off to Jamaica....

Pirate

Veteran
Lets take a look at Pirates Sperm Bank

I call this "Self Extracting Pollen Collection"

I tends to save males when I see one so I can make crosses or F2 seeds. You've already seen the Berry OG (Hashberry x OG Kush) The Berry OG is a favorite amongst my fellow pirates and is the choice 9 times out of ten when they are offered a menagerie of strains.

The pollen I have stored in my Sperm Bank is:

• [*]Satori
    [*]Hashberry
    [*]Pot of Gold
    [*]Speed Queen
    [*]Northern Lights
As of tonight I can now add AK47 to the list.

picture.php

Here's is what I got going:

I use to place the "donor" male in a closet once I saw it was a male and just let it grow normally. (far from The Cave). Then, when the nut sacks started to open I would cut off branches and shake it over a plate or whatever. This was a PITA and messy. I could never NOT get pollen all over the floor and being Pollen...........It can carry itself anywhere.

Here is a system I've started using a few months ago and found it to be FAR superior for collecting pollen. I now place the donor in a small cabinet with a single light. It does not have to be an HID but it does need to stay on 12/12. I use a CFL Warm White in color. It contains the red spectrum. Then I bend the Donor over a Pyrex cooking dish, tie it down and snip off a few leaves that would block the pollen from falling strait into the dish.

Like This:

picture.php

Close up of the Tie down (notice the ejaculating nut sacks)

picture.php

The beauty is that the sperm falls right into the collection dish. No fuss, no mess. (the dirt you see is UNDER the dish stuck to the coffee can) Keep the dish clean.

picture.php

Close up:

picture.php

Once you see him shedding his love juice, just slide the dish out fromunda and scrape up the sperm into a nice little pile (ready to snort). Make sure you do not contaminate the specimine. No dirt, dust, plant matter, nothing. Just pollen.

picture.php

Get yourself a small vial or film canister or whatever to store your pollen.
picture.php

Staring down the barrel of a gun

picture.php

For long term storage just drop a few rice kernels in the jar with your pollen to pull any moister out that could wreak havoc and cause mold. I will not be doing this with my collection tonight. I have several bloomers out there begging to be Surrogate parents. Tomorrow I will do an artificial insemination and in 60 days...........I'll have seeds.

Now, I have stored my pollen for a year without rice or freezing and still got seeds out of it. I did stored it in a vial, in a black bag, in a brief case, in a cool closet.(light, heat and moisture will sterilize your pollen) Took it out 2 months ago and I am harvesting seeds in one week from year old pollen.

Once your done...........Just slide the dish back under you fella, close up the cabinet and when you wake up in the morning you'll see more to collect.

picture.php

Later I'll show ya my "Pollination" methods for the pollen that's been collected.

Now Go Make Babies !!!!!

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

If you don't have a lot of pollen, you can cut it with a little baking flour. Then you can sorta see where you've pollinated too. I like to do this even when I have lots of pollen, for storage purposes, dunno if it hurts or helps. Works good for me..

Capt.Lola

Pirate

Veteran
Flour works to help spread your seed...........

That will be explained in my "Pollination" post i'm puting together.

And what are you doing posting at 4AM over there in Dixie? Get some sleep will ya?

HEY !! GreenHornet !
I didn't forget ya. I have been sorting photos and will upload soon.

G

Guest 6345

good work Pirate

you secreet room is good resolution.

i like your system and your ideas.

yours male flowering room is gr8 and all yours setup is motivating for me.

good luck man

This beatle from quote 63 is very beautiful, but i dont so that beatle to wake up me . :)

G

greenhornets

hey thanks pirate
lolaGal ,watch ya self coming through nawlands might get ship jacked.

Che

Veteran
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pirate again."

I like that pollination method as well, I have a couple NL boys I have been wanting to keep, I'm going to build a box tonight.

Pirate

Veteran
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pirate again."

I like that pollination method as well, I have a couple NL boys I have been wanting to keep, I'm going to build a box tonight.

2 things.

First "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pirate again."
What is that?. I see around the board in other threads and have no idea what it means and how it gets posted.

And while we're on that subject: What does the BLUE dots mean in my reputation area? Some are green and some are blue. Yet all are positive. Anyone ????

Second" you could get away with a cardboard box for your male. No need to spend time or money building a special box unless ya have something laying around you can convert. But a simple moving box would do just fine. Its only gonna be in there for a week or so. I don't paint it,ventilate or cover the interior in any way. (don't ventilate the box. pollen may become airborne) I just throw the bastard in there and let him go. Just a thought.

And maybe I should add..........I go very slow when working with the blooming male so I don't create a breeze. If I had to guess I would say that a pollen spore is close to being lighter than air.

That's it. Have fun.

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

blue rep is from people who are guests or don't have any post count yet. The reps are given with the little scale of justice in the left corner of the post under user name & stuff. So people have already given u rep, and tried to do it again and couldn't...so they are telling you the message that comes up when they tried..Just to let you know they wanted to rep ya.

Latest posts

Latest posts