What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Federation Seed Co. back?

Fitzera

I was checking out a seed bank and noticed they have new for 2019 Federstion seed stock. I did a Google search and found Federation has a website with the same logo the seed bank is using, but it seems to be linked to ams seeds and doesnt mention anything about their past history...things I find odd.

Does anyone have information about this?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well one half of Federation is Next Generation seeds. Most likely someone trying to capitalize on the name.

Although some seed companies are coming back so anything is possible.

Fitzera

Yes I'm well aware of Jay and next gen.
I also got the feeling someone is trying to capitalize on the name, but the seed bank that has them listed happens to be in the same general area that Federation/next gen is from. The descriptions of the seeds makes mention of their long presence in the lower mainland, so maybe it's someone who holds the originals that is making the seeds, or its federation themselves.

Just seems odd. I sent an email to the seed bank for any info they may be able to give me.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I vaguely remember many, many years ago that Federation had planned on making a comeback.
So who knows?

Pick up some Romulan from them, grow them out, and post your experience.
Many of us had run their Romulan offering and would be able to tell you if they are the old classic we remember, or just another money grab.
If they are legit it would be -well- worth the minor investment on the front-end.

Just my $.02usd.

-cap

Fitzera

Man, I have so many seeds/strains that I have the next 3 years of grows planned already. And that doesnt even touch the 200 beanhoarder seeds I just picked up. I need to hold off on more for a bit haha

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
FWIW, Fitzera, I've heard good things about Next Generation's Romulan Max and Romberry (Romulan x Blueberry) strains, but, Ive not run them myself.

If I recall correctly, those offerings were fairly cheap, too.
Under $40usd per pack.

Just throwing that out there.....

-cap

I don't see any Romulan on the federation site, which is very generic with little to no real info.
are we sure it's actually federation or just another scammer/data collector?
just 4 strains listed and nothing special.
prices in Euros too so are they still claiming to be "Canadian"
I don't see any old school canadiana on their site at all, therefore I am a skeptic

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I don't see any Romulan on the federation site

This info would make me skeptical, too, Fitzera.
Romulan was (one of) their most popular offerings.
Starting to smell like another scam/ripoff artist.
We need less of this in our game.

-cap

Fitzera

If you guys check out Vancouver seed bank you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'm not looking for their gear, I was just checking things out. I already have a bunch of next gen stuff in the vault including romulan crosses.

If anyone is looking for romulan crosses, next gen has a couple romulan breeders packs on their website.

I was just looking for info pertaining to this "new" federation.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I don't know shit from shinola but there have been some serious mergers in the seedbank industry. The Vault and Dr Chronic have been grabbing up banks.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I was just looking for info pertaining to this "new" federation.

and, i thought, we did give you some insight.

on an aside....
like stated...

I hear good things about those NextGen crosses you refer to.
If Im not mistaken, NextGen is/was using some (original) Federation seed stock to create their lines. Romulan for example.
Really wish the Canadians in the know could chime in......

-cap

dannykarey

That Federation site looks a little suspect in my humble opinion. The Seeds they have for sale aren't even original Federation strains as far as I know.

A certain Canadian seed bank has some old Federation packs up for sale, I know they're legit-ish (I contacted about them awhile ago and they said they are old stock). This company has been around for years so I kinda, sorta ...... want to trust them lol.

They have these up at the moment:

- Romulan
- Cotton Candy
- Big Mac
- Sweet and Sour
- Ziggy

They have them listed for $60 a pack.

Fuck, I might grab that Romulan and Cotton Candy :D

Danny

Last edited:

Fitzera

That Federation site looks a little suspect in my humble opinion. The Seeds they have for sale aren't even original Federation strains as far as I know.

A certain Canadian seed bank has some old Federation packs up for sale, I know they're legit-ish (I contacted about them awhile ago and they said they are old stock). This company has been around for years so I kinda, sorta ...... want to trust them lol.

They have these up at the moment:

- Romulan
- Cotton Candy
- Big Mac
- Sweet and Sour
- Ziggy

They have them listed for $60 a pack.

Fuck, I might grab that Romulan and Cotton Candy :D

Danny

You've added the info that I was looking for. I still find it odd though that they are using the same logo from the "federation" website and not the original one. It's not that I dont trust that seed bank...but I dont completely trust them. I think Dana is a bit sketchy, and knowing the shit Emery used to pull...I kind of put them in the same basket.

Fitzera

and, i thought, we did give you some insight.

on an aside....
like stated...

I hear good things about those NextGen crosses you refer to.
If Im not mistaken, NextGen is/was using some (original) Federation seed stock to create their lines. Romulan for example.
Really wish the Canadians in the know could chime in......

-cap

Not the insight I was after, I was hoping someone knew something solid. What I was hoping to hear is confirmation that these were in fact the originals, whether new or old stock. That, I would consider jumping on.

I'm from the same neck of the woods as federation and next gen. Next gen isnt quite the same as the originals imo. And I havent grown anything from them that has become a staple for me. I've been less than impressed with some, but I'm not here to say it was the genetics and not myself. I will run them again hoping for better results, but they're lower on my list.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
FWIW, if those are indeed original federation stock, they are over 10 years old.

You have your answer.
Buy some. Grow them out.
And report here.

-cap

dannykarey

You've added the info that I was looking for. I still find it odd though that they are using the same logo from the "federation" website and not the original one. It's not that I dont trust that seed bank...but I dont completely trust them. I think Dana is a bit sketchy, and knowing the shit Emery used to pull...I kind of put them in the same basket.

I feel the same about the seed bank in question. That's why I worded my reply the way that I did lol. They def don't have the best rep, that's for sure.

But yea, it would be cool to find some of the originals for sure. Even better if someone found some and repro'd them.

Good luck with your hunt!

Danny

born and raised in lowermainland.
Vancouver seedbank still exists?
LOL I wouldn't even consider them an option. Same with vancouvers crop king seeds,
which those in the know refer to as Crap king seeds
There are no quality seed banks in Vancouver anymore. Lots of breeders have taken to Instagram and other social media platforms rather than do drops at any of these banks. Has been that way for many years now.

I'm reaching out to my contacts on this Federation business and will let you guys know if I find out anything relevant.