What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this light bleaching ??

PCBuds

Thanks for all the responses.

I'm really thinking I have a magnesium deficiency.
This is a qoute from Joe's Fresh thread.

"Excess potassium, generally due to fertilizers, further aggravates the stress from the magnesium deficiency.

Magnesium has an important role in photosynthesis because it forms the central atom of chlorophyll.[1] Therefore, without sufficient amounts of magnesium, plants begin to degrade the chlorophyll in the old leaves. This causes the main symptom of magnesium deficiency, chlorosis, or yellowing between leaf veins, which stay green, giving the leaves a marbled appearance. Due to magnesium’s mobile nature, the plant will first break down chlorophyll in older leaves and transport the Mg to younger leaves which have greater photosynthetic needs. "

I gave my plant 2 teaspoons of epsom salts and a tablespoon of molasses mixed in 2 liters of water and then just for the hell of it, I put a tablespoon of dolomite lime in a water bottle, shook it up and poured it in.

It might not be fully available to the plant but I figure it can't hurt.

Meanwhile, my cal-mag is on its way and should be here in a couple weeks.
:woohoo:
Hopefully it will recover quickly then I can lower my lights again and even screw in a few more bulbs. (I use led sils with the globes removed)

PCBuds

This is the contents of my molasses but I don't know how the recommended daily dose for a human compares to the dose needed for cannabis ?

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/76QL4P3q/20190518-003022.jpg]View Image[/url]

I use 1 Tbs of molasses to 4 litres of water from seedling to flower.

I found this.

So if I have 4% of the recommended daily dose of magnesium then 400 mg × 4% is 16 mg per tablespoon.

2% of the daily dose of calcium is 1000 mg × 2% is 20 mg per tablespoon.

I still don't know shat the daily dose for cannibus is?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I gave my plant 2 teaspoons of epsom salts and a tablespoon of molasses mixed in 2 liters of water and then just for the hell of it, I put a tablespoon of dolomite lime in a water bottle, shook it up and poured it in.
That might be a little too much. You can apply too much magnesium and burn the plants with it.

1/4 teaspoon per gallon is much better. Also the lime might be too much.

Magnesium levels should be just a little elevated.

PCBuds

That might be a little too much. You can apply too much magnesium and burn the plants with it.

1/4 teaspoon per gallon is much better. Also the lime might be too much.

Magnesium levels should be just a little elevated.

Ahh Crap..
Another beginner mistake.

Should I add straight water now and flush it ?

It is in a 34 litre Coleman cooler so there's lots of media.

PCBuds

I decided to slow down before I kill it.

I'm gonna flush with 2 litres of distilled water then watch for nute burn.

Another quote from Joe's Fresh thread.

Scrappy-doo

100% correct PC Buds. From the very first pic, you have been showing signs of nute burn. Now at least you know the beginning signs of it. You also are showing signs of ph lock out from having excess salts in your medium.

On your next run, buy or make your own organic soil and problems like this will not arise. Plenty of easy to follow recipes and guides in the stickied at the top of the organic section.

PCBuds

100% correct PC Buds. From the very first pic, you have been showing signs of nute burn.

I thought the general consensus was that I had a deficiency.

So I treated for a magnesium deficiency and may have over done it.

Now I need to watch for nute burn.

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I thought the general consensus was that I had a deficiency.

So I treated for a magnesium deficiency and may have over done it.

Now I need to watch for nute burn.
You had a slight deficiency in magnesium. Just a little added magnesium should clear that right up.

Even outdoors too much magnesium can silt up the soil because of it's particle size.

However if you keep the levels slightly elevated, the plant will use up the magnesium, keeping soil levels relatively low.

PCBuds

I checked my plant just now and found this.
It was only on a single leaf so I don't think I'm too bad off.

It looks a lot like calcium deciciency that Joe's fresh thread shows.

I might have to wait 2 weeks or more to get my cal-mag so I crushed up a Rolaids, shook it up in a water bottle and poured it in.
(200 mg of elemental calcium)

It didn't really dissolve but I figure it will be available to the plant slowly.

nickman

Veteran
I think your problem from the start was using the miracle grow...!!!...
next run go the route that Scrappy doo said to do about getting some organic super soil or mix up a batch yourself...

I always had similar problems like that when I was using salt based nutrition... it just seems to me that we are force feeding the plants when we feed them with salts... “I’m probably wrong about that though” ...!!!...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
daily dosage between humans and plants are nowhere near the same.
definitely don't want to duplicate dosage intended for human consumption..

you have the magnesium and calcium in your molasses already that you use.
could you make a tea of one teaspoon molasses in a gallon of water and foliar feed?
good luck

PCBuds

next run go the route that Scrappy doo said to do about getting some organic super soil or mix up a batch yourself....

I did make up a soil mixture (I don't know if it's "super" or not ??)

I'm new to this site and quite new to growing.

I want to post some pics and info of what I'm doing now in the hopes of getting some input.

My last grow was a bust so I'm starting over.

I got some Miracle Grow potting soil, 5 litres of pearlite, 5 litres of vermiculite and some garden lime.

I started with a Coleman cooler and put some clay pellets at the bottom then covered them with fiberglass weave for drainage.

Then I put a bubbler through to the bottom and filled it with the potting soil mixture.

I dug out the middle and filled it with un-nuted potting mix in an attempt to not burn my sprouted seed/seedling.

I tend to kill plants if I transplant so I planted my sprouted seed right in the cooler.

I have a 1" tube running to the bottom to drain off the run off.
I don't want to have a drain hole in the cooler for fear of leaks.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/cCZ9GWtc/IMG-20190325-141934.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/d3xymmFT/IMG-20190325-143001.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/X7rFNhKK/IMG-20190325-151252.jpg]View Image[/url]

I also put about 1/2 gallon of soil from my last batch in the mix.
It includes springtails and soil mites as part of my micro herd.

I read this too from Joe's fresh thread.

I did have a water shortage.
I was gone for a week and the plant got really dried out.

PCBuds

I think your problem from the start was using the miracle grow...!!!...

I took your advice and bought some MaxiGrow too.

It's got everything in it including calcium magnesiun and iron.

Too bad I just spent $38 for CalMag that I no longer need.

Does anyone know if my Miracle Grow potting mix (with extra perlite and vermiculite) is considered to be a "soil" or "soilless" grow medium ??

I'm wondering what kind of PH to aim for.

PCBuds

My plant seems happy now but I'm wondering if I should expect the light green in the leaves to darken up or if they will stay that way ?

Should I focus on the new growth ?
Should the new leaves grow in dark green right from the start ?

F

Freedom45

Use aspirin too, can’t hurt and if it’s a virus it will help. One tablet to a 10l can

Latest posts

Latest posts