What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern lights lineage?

Sunshineinabag

I have a deep fondness for real older time late 80s northern lights varietals. Watching a video on YouTube it was explained as follows ..........
Northern lights
1.the building block of all NL purest form.
2.strongest kush Dom varietals
4.two, three and four were bred with indica
5.best bag appeal, and marketability
6. These last four were bred with sativas.
Curious if any members with experiance and knowledge surrounding this variatal can chime in and help clear the fog for me! Thankyou ahead of time! I adore the NORTHERN LIGHTS!:biggrin:

Breadwizard

This was recently gleaned from the RUST2 thread.
Greg told me Nevil never got pure NL5 clone.
Nevil had the NL5XNL2 clone and seedstock of

EB, you say its NL5xNL#1, but Greg told me directly that it was NL5xNL2

The way Greg broke it down to me:
NL is the Hawaiian line crossed to their Afghan. The Hawaiian being Mexi x Affy, though there were other lines that were thai x jamaican x mexi x affy.
NL= Hawaiian x Afghan.....(Mexi x Affy x Affy)
NL5 is NL Bxed to the Hawiian. So (Mexi x Affy) x [(Mexi x Affy) x Affy]
But of course the Electric Thai could be in the Hawaiian line.
If thats the case, NL5 is (thai x jamaican x mexi x affy) x [(thai x jamaican x mexi x affy) x Affy]

I honestly dont care what MNS forums say after having gotten the info directly from Greg myself. Its what I call a primary source vs a corporate tertiary source.

I've heard that it was a backcross to the indica side, not to the Hawaii side (from the NL thread on this site). I could easily be wrong though.

Latest posts

Latest posts