What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first grow 2 weeks into flower in Coco

R

Rab.C

hi Lord Harrison my temps are 24 to 25c during lights on humidty 45% to 50%
lights off temps 22c to 23c humidty the same.8ins rhino filter 8ins rvk 796m3/hr on
a 5 step variac controller i have it on number 2 and tent sucks in at sides a little.
light is aircooled blazer 600watts no intake fan yet just passive vents and 8ins ducting
going in side too..thats it hope it helps

R

Rab.C

sorry my album was deleted i will upload new ones

Last edited:
Sorry mate, just read about cooled light, I think you got an air leak somewhere with the Cool hood/Ducting.

Your fan and Filter should work together, I would do a run from filter to fan and then see if you have the smell problem again if it stops that means your air cooled hood is leaking air.

I've had it happen with cool hood's, and tubes.

Can you upload some pictures of your setup for me to see and I can get the better picture.

Also if you are using insulated ducting like this

Filter >>Insulated ducting >>>Fan - This also has caused smell leaks for me.

From now on I will only it like that if it's foil ducting, or put the fan direct on the filter like this.

album.php

R

Rab.C

Also if you are using insulated ducting like this

Filter >>Insulated ducting >>>Fan - This also has caused smell leaks for me.

From now on I will only it like that if it's foil ducting, or put the fan direct on the filter like this.

View Image

hey lord Harrison the tent has 8ins rvk with matching filter the air cooled hood has its own 6ins fan and phonic trap ducting. there is also a filter on 6ins air cooled light which is really air tight

its got to be the filter...

thanks for the info

i have changed fan and put filter on like in pic you posted Cheers

hey lord Harrison the tent has 8ins rvk with matching filter the air cooled hood has its own 6ins fan and phonic trap ducting. there is also a filter on 6ins air cooled light which is really air tight

its got to be the filter...

thanks for the info

i have changed fan and put filter on like in pic you posted Cheers

Mate, Can you upload so pictures?

The filter is it before the exit or after exit on the cool hoods?
Filter > Fan > cool hoods > exhaust
or
Fan > Cool Hoods > Filter > Exhaust?

On insulated ducting there is little holes in the ducting inside, Never used phonic trap ducting before so not sure if it's the same.

If you don't filter the air before the ducting it will cause smell leaks.

Have you given up the grow?

R

Rab.C

my extraction was Filter-fan-ducting

the air cooled was filter and fan outside tent blowing through duct then hood then duct blowing out other side of tent.

R

Rab.C

Alright Lord Harrison i have taken away 8ins fan and filter.and air cooled shade

and replaced with 6ins carbon filter 6ins iso max fan put northstar reflector in. temps a bit higher at 25c but no smell at all so all good now...Atb

Rab

i think the 8ins carbon must have been knackerd because no smell at all now.with smaller carbon filter...

my extraction was Filter-fan-ducting

the air cooled was filter and fan outside tent blowing through duct then hood then duct blowing out other side of tent.

It's not ideal, I still think your getting smell leak from the hoods.

You need to Filter the air from the hoods,

Fresh air/Cool air > Fan > Hoods > Ducting > Filter is a way it can be done.

I would run

Filter <> Cool hoods <> Fan <> Exhaust

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...nt,_with_carbon_filter_and_exhaust_system.jpg

Like this ^^^

Alright Lord Harrison i have taken away 8ins fan and filter.and air cooled shade

and replaced with 6ins carbon filter 6ins iso max fan put northstar reflector in. temps a bit higher at 25c but no smell at all so all good now...Atb Rab

Sorry mate, didn't see this reply.

At least you got it sorted can be at sometimes scary stuff with the smell. Can get you into all sorts of problems hey :)

R

Rab.C

alright icmag thought i would upload my humboldt seed org.strains
three blue kings & ogkz.i am at week 9 and have been flushing 2 days
now there looking not too bad.hope you like the pics rab

first 2 pics are three blue kings last 2 pics ogkz

Really like this Dna Mills Coco with Cork & there nutrients Are Excellent cant wait to get started on my next grow...Mill's Do Pay The Bill's

Last edited:
R

Rab.C

another wee pic for size of buds sorry i cant get pic to sit upright

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Rab.C, these plants look truly amazing! And this for your first time growing!!!
Excellent mate. Very well done.

Big thumbs up. :yes: