What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1969 Mekong Delta strain

T

tazz11

This is a strain from vietnam that was brought back by GI's.. i believe it to be the wide leaf sativa , also fits the description exactly that DJ Shot wrote about Vietnamese strains from 70's
View Image
View Image

thank you for making that reply .this is what I found ... the DJ Short write up is the closest I have seen to what this strain is ...a very close description ,maybe it was not badly -cured leaf .maybe those leafs were drying on the plant just like mine do... I think he is talking about the same strain ...he never grew it so he dose not say if its a sativa or indicia , maybe the reason it was mostly leaf is because the strain was like the Abducted strain takes a long time to get buds ...but it dose sound like the same strain .. the leaf dose make good joint pot and have a quality all its own ... ! I will take DJ shorts write up as a clean indicator that we are in fact looking at a 1969 wide leaf sativa from the Mekong Delta of Vietnam ,... yes, I think that would make this a rare strain base and yes ...Hrpuffnkush : if your strain is from there it shows there was some variation between phenol types in the area..

:
Vietnamese
There was a bit of the Vietnamese herb around in the 70's, primarily early harvest which was mostly badly-cured leaf. Nonetheless, it had a quality all its own with a spicy, tangy flavor and crisp high. It was great joint pot, but I never grew any.
I heard rumors that a Vietnamese strain was cultivated in the Emerald Triangle in the 70's and early 80's.

Last edited:
T

tazz11

Seriously? you would let it die before letting anyone else have it but its that special?
I have no words to describe my disgust for irresponsible selfish bullshit like that.
If its special it should be preserved pure and simple as that, if you cant handle growing it an take it thru there are so many sativa guys that would love it an make sure it was preserved for everyone. Or even breeders like ace that specialize in preserving theethese lines.

I would hope not ,, but I live by a rule and I never brake that rule ,no matter what the cost ...

now that I do believe that DJ short's description matches the strain I will take time to protect it ...

sorry ,... I am so high I could throw up ....

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
thanks Kygiacomo

that is just what I was looking for .. the two strains are very close and if my Abducted strain is reacting to cold temps then maybe I can get this strain back in line ..

look like the delahaze strain base only comes in fem. my strain is reg . I can use that delahaze as a good cross for Abducted ...and others that want delahaze in both genders can get very close ....they don't tell you much about the parents of delahaze ...but looks like a good cross

I am sure you would end up with "Abducted haze" but it would be one hell of killer F1 ...

yw im not sure whats in it all i know is its fire with monster yeilds and awesome mold resistance for humid areas like mine..another thing i love about this strain is just trimming is a breeze..just a few clips of the big leaves and its ready for the jars..im sure it will would make a good cross for u..

T

tazz11

facts about this rare Abducted strain base ..:

a total of 83 seeds were recovered .

Only 48 seeds remain of the unique 1969 Abducted strain base world wide ...

a strain that looks indicia ,smokes like sativa . grows wild like ruderalis , has some seeds that looks like Thai seeds ...and has seeds that look for the most part like all 4 types ...

note: only 1 sativa type seed is left in the 48 remaining seeds

note: we have no idea what the different colors and types of seeds within the group means or if this has any effect over all ...?

note : if you look at the largest Thai type seed vs the smallest sativa type seed ,the Thai type looks to be about 3 times the size of the sativa type ,we have never seen this large of a variation of mature seeds within any one given strain base ...your talking about a Thai seed and a sativa seed coming from one source ..????

Last edited:
T

tazz11

we have only been able to come up with one theory that could explain the seed variations...

if a group of different plants had been put in one group and then evolution change them over a long span of time say 100 years or something of that nature , this could explain how sativa and Thai could end in the seeds ,but it dose not explain how the different types cross breed.. and we believe there are as many as 8 different types here .we only know of 4 main types . if you rule out strain variation like skunk or haze . then we have no idea what the other types are ...?so what we know so far about the strain we think the theory will not hold up ...the point is . if you took say 8 different strains and put them in one group and let them go wild for a long time when you come back only the strongest should be left ...Darwin's theory Of Evolution ...

this Leeds me to only two possible conclusions

Darwin's theory dose not apply in this case or there are exceptions to the rule ...?

or this strain is the strongest from a past we know very little about ...?

then again maybe this description is related to this ..

20'Thai :
...there are also old ancient strains that live in the depths of tropical jungle that are of the creeper variety, that can grow almost forever andthe produce a stone that can make a hardened smoker turn white as a ghost 2-3hours after they smoke it. The live long by spreading out and growing new roots in a location many feet away from the mainstem of the plant as the NODES of the plant touch the soil and encorouge the sprouting of new roots and hence a new plant. Much the same as Bull grass grows by slowly spreading out and embedding new roots into the ground untill it has covered you entore pawn area or yard. But these strains cannot be grown under artifical lights in a growroom as they need so much space and so much heat and humidity to stay healthy that it woudl be impossible to produce that enviroment indoors without rotting you room out with mould and possibly blowing you light bulbs form excessive moisture if they weren't inside a cowl. Also, they need light of extreme tropical intensity to activate their resin fully. HID's just wouldn't cut it for these strains, and they can take over 8months to produce a flower with amber trics that are so small that you cannot see them with the naked eye. So IOW, when you look at these buds, they look like grass/lawn clippings. They do not look like they have any resin on them at all, and they also have very little aroma. But when you smoke them, watch out.
smiley15.gif
Just make sure you are sitting down and have nowhere to go for the rest of the day, and perhaps half of the next day as you will sleep long and hard then you'll wake up many hours later and find you are still ripped hard on it. They can get you so stoned that you would not believe it compared to the mainstream dopes avaiable to most people worldwide today. But smoke like that, is not something that the purists would seek. Perhaps the young headrushers would love it, but not the true cannabis connoisseur. A connoisseur loves to smoke and taste cannabis all day whilst he lives his life as though he is not even a smoker. Cannabis of the potency levels of these freaky creeper varieties are best left there or used soley for real medicinal purposes by doctors only. For if everyone was smoking stuff like that, their whole lives would drift past them without them ever havign done much other than sitting done getting stoned. Great if you are a bludging little punk, but not for the real person with a true sense of accomplishment in them and a need to live life to it's fullest. On that kind of stuff, all of life will just pass you by without you ever having done or achived anything of any real worth. In the end, you will have greatly regretted ever having started on stuff liek that. Like starting and living on opium...same thing.
smiley11.gif
Animal, not human.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
x
our environment is a short grow season and cold weather kills a lot of hybrids by many growers in this area ...testing for temps is a must here , with other strains I just don't have the room or time to work with something that is not stable ...or that unpredictable ...

I never stated I did not have more seed .......I am sorry I don't agree a male strain base is male dominated ,I am not in to cash crops ..if you have just female of a strain you have next to nothing ....more then a pipe full...cloning and fem seed are a waste of my time . I only get them when I want to breed that strain and already have a selected male ...

95% of all crosses you are hunting for a good male for your own female strain base .. why do you get F1 vigor because your adding male gender to a female strain base , your strain base is conditioned to your own environment...

Am not sure what you are saying here, are you saying that F1 vigor is because of males and females? What if a male is used that is almost identical or quite similar sharing many genes as the female will that make F1 vigor? I thought that F1 vigor was from unrelated genetics being hybridized, that can be Female X Male or just two unrelated females one transformed to male, they will also express F1 vigor, correct?
-SamS

it may look odd to you younger growers but I know just what I am doing ...,if the strain picks up and stables out great if not its seeds in a collection for a future grower ...

and yes I could isolate the males but they are what I want to work with ...defining a good breeding male strain is the best way to great a great strain base keeping a selected male and mother takes years ...often backcrosses fail to add male gender traits and you end up with part of what you were looking for ...

I have fem spray . I don't like using it ...if you can get F1 vigor from fem seeds let me know how ...lol

Cross any seed grown from fem seed with another from fem seed that has completely different genetics and completely unrelated and the progeny of the cross will have f1 vigor, easy. I have done it. You do need to turn one of the female clones to a male for pollen.
-SamS

here let me ask you ... if you get f1 vigor and keep mixing the same males and females what do you get ...? more stable traits less F1 vigor , which would you want? more stabilization or more phenol types ..?

this is what I don't get about the modern breeding strains . if a strain is casting phenol types it is showing you what is locked in the past of those two strains or show what could be in your future breeding of those two strains . so the hell would throw away the male traits . they can cast in the female plants ...those phenol types can come from ether parent...do you see a male seed bank out there I don't ... lol

in fact the seed banks are making more fem then ever before . so you don't have males of those strains ...your paying more for 1/2 a strain base ....

i tip my hat to sensi for make great reg strains and giving the breeders and growers the choice ...

i share my genetics with growers and breeders in this area and the strains have to be able to take the cold or there done before they finish ...

BTW, I have a variety I call Abduckted, a total of 9 seeds were recovered .
Only 4 seeds remain of the unique 1909 Abduckted strain base world wide ...
a strain that looks like Ruderalis, smokes like Thai, grows like Sativa, and has seeds that look for the most part like all 4 types.
Oh did I mention they were also all duckfoot, webbed leaves?
-SamS

Last edited:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
What is this 100 year shit.. cannabis evolve much faster than that.

And Darwinism is thrown out the window when enter man into the equation. Man is the anti Darwin.

Man breeds for rope, or dope, or whatever, while nature breeds for mere survival. That is why wild weed is nothing more than hemp

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A strain too powerful and exotic for the common man. It is best that this strain is kept in isolation as unwary people would be reduced to immobile, incoherent stooges by the use of it.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What is this 100 year shit.. cannabis evolve much faster than that.

And Darwinism is thrown out the window when enter man into the equation. Man is the anti Darwin.

Man breeds for rope, or dope, or whatever, while nature breeds for mere survival. That is why wild weed is nothing more than hemp

I am not sure nature has to breed for survival, if a plant is less likely to survive, it is gone in the long run. It is not bred for, it is just the survivors/winners flourish, while the losers die off and are gone.
I know I am splitting hairs.
-SamS

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nature allows survival of the fittest nothing more nothing less it allows natural hybridisation and succession as well as evolution faster than man could ever do it.. We have much evidence of this natural selection at work with the same cultivar working in different environments..

A great example is the Naval Orange all come from a clone from one tree. Yes it's manmade now but the environment selects genes to come to the forefront what allows man to do research into resistance and allow future selections from stock what nature can't itself achieve, sometimes by furthering acclimatisation to improve the variety's cultural conditions..

T

tazz11

very true the winter pear was created in this same way ,but what is to say the weather of a given year will not agree with a given pheno , thus Darwin's theory only judges what remains not what has died off ,we can not judge what we no longer control or have ... my point is you select for a given trait ,you start with 30 plants , you remove 10 shortest plants and the 10 tallest ..what do you have left . 1/3 of a complete strain , who is to say that hidden in the back ground of one pheno type rest the true nature of a strain base ...? you remove it . you no longer have the strain base . you only have part of it ..

ok lets say you keep the strain base in tact ,who is to say the strain base will change pheno when its environment changes ?

a seed company makes seed in a given environment ,if the grower dose not match the common factors the strain may not react the same in his given grow environment...

I don't care if this strain ever sells at all. I want to under stand what it is and why its that way ....

I have never seen a sativa seed come from a Thai plant . the seeds are very different ...there is only one of these seeds that I know of that have come from this strain base ,how . your guess is as good as mine ...its not about the strain base . I could have 10 different strain bases going at the same time and this strain base is nothing like them ....I have spent 35 years growing multiple strains I stop counting at over 8200 strains ,.. I have never seen a strain like Abducted . my friend mike H has grown weed from 1952 till now and he has never seen a strain like Abducted ..

you can make jokes and say what ever you want it wont make any difference other then what I think of your level of skills ...

Sam . I have watch your work for over 20 years ...I am shocked you replied the way you did ..

but to each his own ..

if you can not help ,,,...I under stand ...

a friend came to me ask me if I wanted some seeds to grow out and see why they wont grow ... I had no idea what this strain was and if I had it to do over again I would throw them out the window and watch them vanish ....the sad thing ..is that till now that's what everyone else did ... I did not give up and 3 are still alive and till I know what they are from seed to harvest I don't really care what it takes to force them to grow ...if the 48 seeds can define this strain it will vanish from this earth the same way so many other things that come in contact with mankind do ....

we should be next on that list ...when we put the human race before nature we will be next on the list ...I have never seen any strain base that could stay in your blood for 4 days ...

until Abducted I did not think there was a strain I could not grow ...will it matter . not to the members of a web site ..

cryo humidity chambers , what the hell have we to fear from under standing this strain ...sales just is not going to cut it with me ..I will find out what makes this strain tick ...

I will find someone that dose research in the field of cannabis ..

Last edited:
T

tazz11

I am not sure nature has to breed for survival, if a plant is less likely to survive, it is gone in the long run. It is not bred for, it is just the survivors/winners flourish, while the losers die off and are gone.
I know I am splitting hairs.
-SamS

this is just my point ... how can this strain live from say 12,000 bc till now ,when other have not ...?

you don't have to wonder . if you watch the strain you know its different ..its not like any other cannabis I have ever seen ...

someone told me the other day . dose it matter where its from ..?

yes ! . it was growing in a rain forest hidden in a small out of the way place as far from mankind as cannabis can get ...how it got there is unknown ...its not a myth its real .. so your a breeder ,what is it ? a throw back from the past far beyond anything we have seen till now .. or its it some kind of freak that found its way into our future ...,what if its future is part of ours ...?

your splitting hairs..
what if it survives ,and we don't ?

I am dyeing Sam .. I have a few more years ,I hope . but this strain has been dancing in rain for thousands of years ....I set back and watch it grow ...in AW .....

Last edited:
T

tazz11

check this out ...I was reading this news report ,

we can test only for the presence of marijuana metabolites, not for inebriation. Metabolites can linger in the body for days after the drug’s effects wear off — sometimes even for weeks

this is describing just what Abducted dose ...this strain must have more metabolites....or the drugs effects are acting like the metabolites ...its interesting ...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
very true the winter pear was created in this same way ,but what is to say the weather of a given year will not agree with a given pheno , thus Darwin's theory only judges what remains not what has died off ,we can not judge what we no longer control or have ... my point is you select for a given trait ,you start with 30 plants , you remove 10 shortest plants and the 10 tallest ..what do you have left . 1/3 of a complete strain , who is to say that hidden in the back ground of one pheno type rest the true nature of a strain base ...? you remove it . you no longer have the strain base . you only have part of it ..

ok lets say you keep the strain base in tact ,who is to say the strain base will change pheno when its environment changes ?

a seed company makes seed in a given environment ,if the grower dose not match the common factors the strain may not react the same in his given grow environment...

I don't care if this strain ever sells at all. I want to under stand what it is and why its that way ....

I have never seen a sativa seed come from a Thai plant . the seeds are very different ...there is only one of these seeds that I know of that have come from this strain base ,how . your guess is as good as mine ...its not about the strain base . I could have 10 different strain bases going at the same time and this strain base is nothing like them ....I have spent 35 years growing multiple strains I stop counting at over 8200 strains ,.. I have never seen a strain like Abducted . my friend mike H has grown weed from 1952 till now and he has never seen a strain like Abducted ..

you can make jokes and say what ever you want it wont make any difference other then what I think of your level of skills ...

Sam . I have watch your work for over 20 years ...I am shocked you replied the way you did ..

I was just trying to have fun with what you said, your misstatements or misunderstanding of basic Cannabis genetics is hard to for me to ignore. I might also suggest that whatever I said is not a reflection of my skills or lack thereof, just an attempt to make a joke. As for you growing more then 8200 strains in the last 35 years that is already 234+ per year, and as you say a strain base has more then just one plant so to grow 8200+ strains required multiple plants of each "strain" correct? Male, female, the ones that look like Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, Thai, etc.... I will just say 10 plants of each "strain" so I guess you grow over 2500 plants a year, that is pretty cool. Keep it up.....
-SamS

but to each his own ..

if you can not help ,,,...I under stand ...

a friend came to me ask me if I wanted some seeds to grow out and see why they wont grow ... I had no idea what this strain was and if I had it to do over again I would throw them out the window and watch them vanish ....the sad thing ..is that till now that's what everyone else did ... I did not give up and 3 are still alive and till I know what they are from seed to harvest I don't really care what it takes to force them to grow ...if the 48 seeds can define this strain it will vanish from this earth the same way so many other things that come in contact with mankind do ....

we should be next on that list ...when we put the human race before nature we will be next on the list ...I have never seen any strain base that could stay in your blood for 4 days ...

until Abducted I did not think there was a strain I could not grow ...will it matter . not to the members of a web site ..

cryo humidity chambers , what the hell have we to fear from under standing this strain ...sales just is not going to cut it with me ..I will find out what makes this strain tick ...

I will find someone that dose research in the field of cannabis ..

Well I have done a bit of Cannabis research, send me one of the seeds and I will analyze the DNA and see what Cannabis it is related to and what it evolved from, it is either from wild, from hemp, or from drug, populations, I can send you a list of questions to answer about the seeds, then analyze the DNA and then we can see if any other populations in the world are similar? Where are they from?
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
check this out ...I was reading this news report ,

we can test only for the presence of marijuana metabolites, not for inebriation. Metabolites can linger in the body for days after the drug’s effects wear off — sometimes even for weeks

this is describing just what Abducted dose ...this strain must have more metabolites....or the drugs effects are acting like the metabolites ...its interesting ...

Did you know the metabolites they test for are inactive? 11-nor-9-carboxy-THC is what they test for with piss tests, it is not active.
-SamS

T

tazz11

Did you know the metabolites they test for are inactive? 11-nor-9-carboxy-THC is what they test for with piss tests, it is not active.
-SamS

it would have to be active in the human body or your dead ....lol

they measure the ratio vs body index ....

Latest posts

Latest posts