What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS, Blumats, Smartpots with Golden Label nutrients

omgwt

The thing is you dont want copper in the nute water i guess it will change the copper in the mix. Im sure it will cool it either way probably not quite as much. It was getting too hot in the nute mix. My roots spit out all kinds of milky crap so I had some extra cash and got the Hydrogaurd and it works good to make new root growth. So I saved her and she is going in in about 3 week's. Im glad I vegged it in the flower room when I first started to know that it was struggling now i can try and combat it.

Yeah I hear ya, maybe there is something with better thermal property that could be used with safety, stainless steel pipe? I am not sure though!
Hehe yeah I'm kinda glad I haven't ventured into pure hydro yet, it would probably be overwhelming. Coco is really nice in that sense - it's not that hard to do. I am honestly loving the fact that I can grow big plants in 1 gallon pots. :dance013:

Looking good, when are you flipping?

I flipped the lights like 3 days ago now! Hopefully the net will be filled out real nice by the end of stretch. :tiphat:

Weeded1s

Ha.. i switched from dwc to soiless to coco. Coco for the win and im never going back. Coco on a drip/flood system can do everything a pure hydro or airoponics setup can do with less chances of equipment needed to run it failing.

Unclecrash

Quote: Yeah I hear ya, maybe there is something with better thermal property that could be used with safety, stainless steel pipe? I am not sure though!

The polyethlene Im using is safe it is used for RO water systems. Where my copper is cooling has no effect on the system because the water im cooling never gets into the nutes. The water is contained and running through the poly pipe never getting into the bubble bucket that's why I have the poly sitting on the floor to test for leaks between the pipe connectors. Hope that makes sense

Unclecrash

Ha.. i switched from dwc to soiless to coco. Coco for the win and im never going back. Coco on a drip/flood system can do everything a pure hydro or airoponics setup can do with less chances of equipment needed to run it failing.

I know I saw first hand when testing Coco against the bubble bucket my Coco blew right past the bubble bucket , but it could be my in experience with both. But im not just going to cut my huge bubble bucket tree down till it's been finished:biggrin: 95% of my plants are in Coco and probably will stay there. I might add some other soiless amendments to help the Coco and to possibly make it where it does not need to be ph'ed I hate messing with acid's my bro has it down no messing with meter's or any ph shit and he is setting up multi LB grow's try 76 lites 150lb's I know I know my show proof or it's not true, but I dont give a damn if you or anyone else believes makes no diff to me. because I know and have seen it go down!!

omgwt

Ah I hear u uncle, sounds like a great way to cool the res for sure. Interesting about the coco blowing past bucket. I do very much like coco now that I gotten the hang of it a little bit more. Right now the girls are thriving and they are looking very healthy, very nice green color. The EC is at ~1.35, I don't know if I should up it more gradually now until I see yellow tips on the fan leaves just to max it and then gradually get it down again a few weeks before harvest? What do you guys usually do?

omgwt

Pic update, i managed to be around the girls training them until the light came off, they look really healthy if you ask me I'm really pleased with how well everything is going. They are drinking like a gallon of nutes every day now, almost no run-off at the moment. As you can see the girls are starting to go into puberty! :)

Close up:
8beB9hs.jpg

A bit blurry overview pic:
QShmzr7.jpg

omgwt

Sprayed the girls with some insecticide... And forgot that you shouldnt have the lamp turned on. I have been feeling bad for days now, because they look terrible.
Will they recover without any huge damage? Most leaves have some chemical burns or something, but they have not wiltered, even tho brown spots on them.. Is this normal when this happens? Will they get completely stressed the fuck out because of this - production has pretty much haltered in the last 2 days since it happened from what I can see..
Kl2pV8X.jpg

What did you use on them, only time I've seen results like that was using way too strong a mixture of pyrethrin

The leaves that are damaged will stay that way, but new growth should be fine.

Also, what strain is that?

omgwt

What did you use on them, only time I've seen results like that was using way too strong a mixture of pyrethrin

The leaves that are damaged will stay that way, but new growth should be fine.

Also, what strain is that?

That's exactly what I used - and probably a bit stronger than adviced, hehe. But yeah I removed a lot of the leaves that were severely burnt - and so far they are not looking too shabby anymore - it looked worse than it had impact I guess, because flowers keep growing and such. I think I will add some PK into the nutrients soon, to give the production a little boost.

omgwt

Careful with the pyrethrin in flower too, shit tastes horrible so don't use it later in flower

Thanks, good to know - I have looked over some leaves now and the buggs seem to be dead - I can still see eggs under the leaves, but if nothing starts crawling in a few days I think I'll be safe (?)

omgwt

Looks good! How far along are you?

Thanks :) I switched 30 days ago now, so I would say another 30-40 days until harvest if my calculations are correct - I'm gonna look over my last grow with the same genes and see how long it took for them more exact - I don't wanna pump them with nutes right into harvest like last time hehe.

omgwt

Photo-shoot

Photo-shoot

Had some time to take pictures right as the timer went off!
Some pics are a bit blurry but not much to do with a crappy phone, hehe.

R1EMVRk.jpg

qclRhW2.jpg

u7iYeqK.jpg

S7t0eAN.jpg

kmTsGaA.jpg