What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS, Blumats, Smartpots with Golden Label nutrients

omgwt

I still see signs of nutrient deficiency so I will up the nutrients to 2.0 per Liter from 1.5 the past week and see what happens :)

4tokin

From my limited experience with blumats it looks like your pots are way to dry. Your pots need to be wet enough so you have little to no run off. Flush with 1.2/1.4 solution for a week to stabilise the plant media. 1.8/2.0 is way to high for your stage of growth.
There is a good thread in cannabis questions that will help you. Read it all then ask questions.

omgwt

There are clear signs of spidermites (I could see them crawling under a leaf) so I'm gonna have to emergency order some stuff against it and more MG/enzyme solution. I still don't think 2.0 is too much frankly because they still show yellowing of leaves. Yes there are good threads, but this is more of a diary than anything, If someone has some input I'll take that into consideration but it's not a help my plants are dying thread, so far i've battled the pH problem and upped nutes and they still aren't satisfied so I'm upping it some more.. If I see more than the tips burn I'll simply go down a bit!

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
There are clear signs of spidermites (I could see them crawling under a leaf) so I'm gonna have to emergency order some stuff against it and more MG/enzyme solution. I still don't think 2.0 is too much frankly because they still show yellowing of leaves. Yes there are good threads, but this is more of a diary than anything, If someone has some input I'll take that into consideration but it's not a help my plants are dying thread, so far i've battled the pH problem and upped nutes and they still aren't satisfied so I'm upping it some more.. If I see more than the tips burn I'll simply go down a bit!

You won't find anyone to agree that going up to and past 2.0ec will help:biggrin: Them little 8 legged pricks are in control of your plant, not you:tiphat:

4tokin

Reread my post.
By improving your plant health they will be in a better physical condition to fight the bugs and cope with the insecticide you are about to use.
Other wise they will be dead in a week or three.

4tokin

RHe doesnt have an EC meter, he means 2.0ml per gallon.

Apologies, another case of RUI
From what I have found the dose rates on the bottles can give high EC levels.
Not having an EC meter is a major issue that needs to be addressed. In the meantime I would suggest he take a sample of his nutes to his local hydro shop and they should be able to test the EC levels for him.

omgwt

I am now at 2.0 ML A+B Golden Label Coco, 0.1ML GL Enzyme & 1 ML GL MG per liter - the plants look great, starting to get that darker green on the leaves and they look in general really healthy for having those pesky green spidermites, I have sprayed them with Pyrethrum EC one time now, I tried to cover all leaves on both sides but I saw some buggers still alive today so I'm probably gonna do a spray down or two the next couple of days (it is organic and used for other eadible vegetebles from what I understand so shouldn't be much harm [made from a flower etc])

Anyway, here's a quick snap I took just now after removing some lower canopy (still a bit left tho, it's really starting to become a huge jungle in the tent, they grow so fast right now!)
cfvd3ZK.jpg

omgwt

And to you guys - I mean 2 ML per Litre, and they show absolutely no signs of burning, Remember I'm using Golden Label nutrients, the dutch companies products, maybe you are thinking of General Hydroponics nutrients?

omgwt

(Still no edits possible, sry for double posts etc.)

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I might even up to 2.2-2,5ML per litre because I've read that a little burning on the tips is a good sign where to stop feeding more, and I've yet to encounter that... But I'll let them be on 2.0 til sometime next week.

And after the buggs are gone I think im gonna spray them again with this thing my hydro shop gifted me, HALO - supposedly helps the plant when you switch different growth stages etc (I applied it one time in late vegg so that leaves me 3 more times til harvest)

omgwt

The Jungle keeps growing, hehe. I'm not sure when I should start removing a shit ton of leaves because they're basicly growing on top of eachother now!

m8gOA8h.jpg

omgwt

this is from 23rd of september
r9Bw1nw.jpg

this is 8th of october
093a4714edad665551fed3332edc0c27.png

I'm honestly scared that the girls will outgrow their growing area by height right now, having only a 160 cm tall tent is not the best thing but they don't make this size any taller.

omgwt

trimmed a lot today, the lower branches were just a waste of energy and a lot of leaves covered several flowers so it was really necessary, sprayed them with A lot of pythrium 5ec, almost a liter per plant id say. I hope the damn spidermites are gone from my lovely girls for good now.

omgwt

Hey guys, i probably switched 2-3 weeks ago now, they are now starting to budd up i would say. They smell really nice, i can tell which ones are iced grapefruit because they are so fruity all 3 of them. Not to say the PureAK's smell bad but damn the fruity smell is delicious.
I removed the added MG from my nute schedule now, going with 2ML per litre with A+B, 0.1ML of Enzymes from now and i'll add some PK soonish (starting next week I think).
pH still constant 5,7-6.0 range.

So my girls were getting way too tall - I even started burning one of the top colas - so I had to put an hour into re-organising my entire tent. I now have the fan on top of the tent pulling air from the carbon filter inside - removing the cooling for the 400w in a cooltube, it's working fine as a regular reflector, albeit it gets a bit warmer around it i guess. Added a small hanging fan blowing towards the cooltube, might have some effect, or not. ^^
I also moved around my nute tank and re-did the pipes on the bottom to fit the (hopefully) final placement of the pots.

I made a short video, a short overview of my tent :)
https://vid.me/e54