What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ultimate tricantanol, brassilonide, bap-6 thread

MoPho

brassilonide: this product is water soluble, so very easy to use. in my opinion for use in veg only. i add .2 grams too a 2 liter sprayer and spray every 3 weeks. i do believe i am achieving a .03 ppm solution.
lets just say this is a plant steroid. well it is.

In the process of order this product. The product description say .2% Brassinolide. Mixing instructions say to mix .05 grams per liter to get a .1ppm working solution.

This seems a little off to what OP stated. Can anyone clarify?

Thank you

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Can't remember what OP stated but the maths is right... My notes say that this is the concentration for accelerated senescence and fruit ripening but are likely to have negative effects on root growth (which is less of an issue towards the end of the plant's life span). For increased plant and root growth during veg, 0.1 ppb (thousand times less than 0.1 ppm!) are said to be used...

MoPho

So let's say if a plant in veg is fully root bound and if Brass is used at .1ppm. Would the slow root growth, but increased plant growth trade off be worth it?

I would take your advice and use Brass at .1ppb however I don't have the equipment to measure in that small of an amount.

MoPho

Or I guess I can make a .1ppm solution and then take 1ml from that mix with 1L of water.

My tap comes out at 50-60ppm. Would that be safe to use or does it have to be RO or distilled water be used?

MoPho

Can't remember what OP stated but the maths is right... My notes say that this is the concentration for accelerated senescence and fruit ripening but are likely to have negative effects on root growth (which is less of an issue towards the end of the plant's life span). For increased plant and root growth during veg, 0.1 ppb (thousand times less than 0.1 ppm!) are said to be used...

Hmm...after re-reading this. It got me thinking (something that rarely happens). My initial thought was to use Brass once every 2 weeks and stop using 2 weeks before flip to 12/12. But now I am wondering can this be used during the last week or so of 12/12 to push for a faster finish or even bulk up on final yield?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I used it once around the flip (not sure though), applied a bit too much and got plants looking like asparagus fibre hemp hybrids. That was when motivation to use it completely left me *g*.

Besides, tap water does fine and if you do three 1:10 dilutions you won't sit on 1 litre but small sizes of several different concentrations which is not only more precise regarding accuracy but also more convenient regarding future experiments and storage in your freezer ;) .

Hwmpunk

Ok, so i have noticed a few things in regards to these hormones, the first being the vast amount of misinformation and lets not forget about all the absolutely useless threads that i peeled through. Two things never cease to happen. one being that no actual information is gathered, the other being that almost every thread ended up degrading into a rather unpleasant thread.

So here goes nothing.(let me take a domer before we start):thank you:

also all these products i am mentioning can be found at www.mbferts.com along with most all the guides on diluting these products for use.

I use dutch masters saturator for a wetting agent, spray in direct light of a 1000 watt and do not add anything else but azamax at times. works great

Tricantanol:needs polysorbate 20 to dissolve. this is a product used in Canna Boost and AN's nirvana. its tricky to measure since very little is used. i mix .1 grams into a gallon distilled water and this is enough for 50 spray bottles worth at the 1ppm. it works out like 31 ml. into the 2 liter sprayer then dilute with water.

I use this product in veg as well as in flower. in veg i give a 1ppm spray of this hormone every 7 days or so, so we can say once a week.

In flower from the start of flower i spray the 1 ppm solution every 3 to 4 days, (if you are one of the people still using the canna boost, foliar the boost every other day, as its more diluted) from the start of 12/12 up until week 4 or once the budsites become more pronounced. once foliar cannot be used anymore then i would water in 1ppm of tri every 3-5 days until flush if you would like, although i stop use a few weeks earlier.

Doing this produces some WIDE plants once the stretch is finished. twice as many tops in direct light, and a plant that looks twice as full if that makes sense. i would recommend this hormone to any and all as it is in alot of nutrients that sell for $100 a liter.

brassilonide: this product is water soluble, so very easy to use. in my opinion for use in veg only. i add .2 grams too a 2 liter sprayer and spray every 3 weeks. i do believe i am achieving a .03 ppm solution.
lets just say this is a plant steroid. well it is.

b.a.p-6: this hormone can be broken down using a KoH solution which i get pre mixed from mb ferts. add a few drops KoH to .2 grams bap6, then add 200 ml of warm to hot water. then dilute into your 2 liter sprayer. this renders the hormone ready. this solution i would recommend a 100-150 ppm spray of this at week 4 of flower, or when you start to see them really start to bud. you only need spray the one time. this is a synthetic cytokin, it will stop all upward growth and will make them put all effort into the buds.

so any questions i will be glad to answer. i will also do my best to get some pictures up. hope this thread ACTUALLY helps the people looking for a good base area to start these trials and experiments. if used correctly they will add to your yield and too the overall quality of your final product.

:peacock::peacock::peacock:

Bro you're spreading some dangerous false info lmao!! 1 gram in 1 liter is 1000 ppm. 0.1 gram is 100 ppm. You're giving 200 ppm brass instead of. .02ppm that's 10,000x steroid recommended. And w tria that's 100x your 1ppm. I know it's an old thread but it pops up on Google. Watch out yall or you'll become quasimoto with this guy's formulas 😂✌️

shaggyballs

Veteran
Bro you're spreading some dangerous false info lmao!! 1 gram in 1 liter is 1000 ppm. 0.1 gram is 100 ppm. You're giving 200 ppm brass instead of. .02ppm that's 10,000x steroid recommended. And w tria that's 100x your 1ppm. I know it's an old thread but it pops up on Google. Watch out yall or you'll become quasimoto with this guy's formulas 😂✌️

Well your info is not real accurate either.
What if this is the starting material?
Brassinolide 0.2%