What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bomb Seeds

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_0326.jpg

white widow
cherrybomb
early fatty
chronic

all mixed

indicrazy

Gorgeous seeds in that last pic there.

Too bad they got all mixed up!

I accidentally did that with my c99 and mothers finest. I can kinda pick out some of the seeds as one of the MF phenos had seeds that came out almost jet black, but the rest are going to be an absolute bear to decipher.

Even growing them out doesn't help a whole lot, as MF and C99 share so many of the same genes, they are very similar plants, other than the taller hazy MF phenos - the shorter jack herer phenos are nearly indistinguishable from C99... Ya can only really tell when they are done and you smoke 'em. MF is a smoother floaty head high with some body - like taking lsd and xanax, and C99 is more agressive grab your brain and twist kinda buzz. Some mistakes ya just can't unravel... heh heh

OPT

Personally, The cherry bomb II's I grew out a few years ago were the best reefer i've grown to date, other then maybe Papaya from Nirvana. I can't say i've grown any expensive strains like Sour diesal etc. But, I'm sure glad i saved some beans which im currently growing.

I've had some friends tell me it was the best pot they've smoked, yet they didn't know I grew it! :)

That's the reason I love growing budz, so many varietys. If this cherry bomb II turns out to be a female you can bet your button imma clone her. From what I remember it was a very good yielding strain, with a very happy high. Sucks to hear that people have had bad luck with Reefermans seeds....but I mean really, isn't there always at least a case of something going wrong, with almost all seeds?

OPT

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I grew the CBII out a couple years ago and ran them for a couple crops. Nice small plants, dank bud, the smaller seemed to have the cherry flavor. It was worth growing for me. The royal hawaiian mentioned above is also very nice herb.
H

dan_kass

Cherry Bomb was in a High Times article called Cubing the Clone sometime in the 90's...whoever claims to have the real deal seeds is probably fibbing. I talked with a cat years ago on CW and he remembered the article. He said he was given seeds labeled Cherry Bomb but they didn't turn out to be anything special. Who knows if they were real or not.

~DK

D

Dalaihempy

I thought Cherry bomb was hawaiian indica.
:dunno:

I thort it was infact a sativa if i rember right it was found in some mauie they got hold of in cali back in the days and the seeds germinated grew what was called GB and RM x an indica to CB makeing CB2 but who knows right after all its the cannabis community after all right ;) .

OPT

I guess it just depends where you got it. The description for cherry bomb II says it's a mix of a indica cherry bomb, with a sativa cherry bomb.

OPT

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry I'm late. Here's the story on CB. A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7. I forget the ratio, but in those days I was getting hip to my present methods, so I used all the boys and saved seeds from all the ladies. There was a bit of variation. My favorite plant was a high yielding, beautiful red stemmed, cherry lifesaver tasting plant I named Cherry Bomb. I didn't backcross, but I did save the original CB plant for a few years to help in comparisons for future generations. I'm not certain, but I think CB is around F20 to F22 now. Inbred all the way, no outcrosses in 32 years. Because I included as many suitable plants as possible in each generation, I maintained enough variation to improve quite a few traits over time. CB is at least as high yielding now, probably more. It's more potent now, but the potency hides some of the nice fruity flavor. Bud structure is improved. CB was always a very tough, hardy, easy to grow strain. Sort of the ideal beginner strain. The 'last one standing' so to speak. I think it's even tougher now than it was, if that's possible. If nothing else, it's fun to see the expressions of growers who expect a long time inbred strain to be lacking in vigor.

I won't got into the story about Reeferman, but just to say that the Jack Herer is one I hadn't heard yet. Certainly not from Reeferman himself. The only potential damage he might have done to me is the story about my CB tending towards hermies. He told that story to justify the cross, which was done to protect his stash of (my) pure CB genes. BTW, I didn't sell the original 50 CB seeds to reeferman, I gave them to him. It is is true that CB looks like it might have been a Thai strain sometime back before it was in Hawaii, but I saw hermies only rarely in the first few generations. Needless to say, I've bred CB in pure male female fashion for 32 years. If there were a strain that has more generations of non hermies in it's pedigree, I haven't heard of it.

I just germinated a new batch of CB seeds to make new ones. It was always my plan to share CB as far and wide as possible. After all, I didn't create it, I only saved seeds from it for all these years. Besides, it's not the only weapon in my arsenal! ;) This time, I'm going to get these seeds out in such a way that people who want them can get the real deal, no F1 BS. If a big sack to the ICmag server fund is the way to go, than that's gonna be it. I'm stoked that people are reviving an interest in CB. BTW, there's a pretty good clone going around here in SoCal. It's got all the potency, smell, taste and color of a classic CB, but the yield is a bit low and it's a lanky little prude.
picture.php

dude with an outdoor CB stalk stuck through his ear hole;
picture.php

Scruffy looking indoor CB in 1g pot showing 'monkey fist' bud shape (there's a lot of bud on that plant);
picture.php

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Mr Greengenes. the ones i have look to have more indica traits.

If I had ww and cb cuts outside and some dropped male flowers. Would the offspring be ww x cb? and would the plants be more susceptible to hermies or not?

Grendelkhan

Good to see some more info on this strain. I just popped 10 of them from some freebies that I got about 2 years ago. Had about 30% germ rate and of those that have popped they are very slow going. This seems to be the case with the others that have gotten theirs at the same time. Oh well. Hopefully I can get these lady's to live! Always nice to see a old strain becoming a new strain. Thanks for the info.
Peace.
Gkhan.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If I had ww and cb cuts outside and some dropped male flowers. Would the offspring be ww x cb?" If a CB female dropped male flowers and pollinated the WW you'd have WWxCB F1, but they'd be feminized seeds. If the WW pollinated itself, you'd have pure WW feminized seeds.

"would the plants be more susceptible to hermies or not?" That's a really complicated issue that I'm just not ready to weigh in on, yet. I'd say in general, when you use hermie plants to breed with, you have a better chance of getting them in future generations, but stress complicates things, and seperating nature from nurture is notoriously difficult. My theory is that cannabis prefers to be hermaphrodite, but humans prefer it to be dioecious, and we have an ongoing disagreement that has lasted for many tens of thousands of years.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks a lot. All the info helps. I've only been doing this on and off for 8 years but am about to go full time once i get to a safe location. I have to thank BOG for much of what i know today. I used to frequent OG

D

Dalaihempy

I just germinated a new batch of CB seeds to make new ones. It was always my plan to share CB as far and wide as possible. After all, I didn't create it, I only saved seeds from it for all these years. Besides, it's not the only weapon in my arsenal! ;) This time, I'm going to get these seeds out in such a way that people who want them can get the real deal, no F1 BS. If a big sack to the ICmag server fund is the way to go, than that's gonna be it. I'm stoked that people are reviving an interest in CB. BTW, there's a pretty good clone going around here in SoCal. It's got all the potency, smell, taste and color of a classic CB, but the yield is a bit low and it's a lanky little prude.

Well Mr. Greengenes if you do what your saying you have gained my respect that is the way of the hawiians who have gained my respect as growers and as people that shear and do it freely expecting nothing back.

I made a good friend from mauie who told me all about the real mauie the mauie lines and history about a lot of there canna colture but more importently showed me what these guys and wemen growers were about they have my respect and always will.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OrganicFarmer, if your seeds are reefermans gear, they're 50% my CB. Whatever they're crossed with should be interesting, because CB is so many generations inbred that it has consistent influence on each plant in the F1 of a hybridization. The other strain will exert a variable influence for almost any trait, while CB traits will be easy to see in each plant. If you grow them out and show pictures, I'll be able to sort them from a distance.