Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > the Hand Watering coco thread

Thread Title Search
the Hand Watering coco thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2019, 10:02 PM #1951
HalfArsedFarmer

HalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura about
Grown in CoCo that was let get to a moist state not totally dry as no plant should be let dry out but not sodden either...

Last edited by HalfArsedFarmer; 01-14-2019 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Make pics visable for all/no click
HalfArsedFarmer is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 11:40 PM #1952
Cocolores

Cocolores is on a distinguished road
When i said dry i meant it in the sense of harmless and useful dry. The way it sould be in a soil grow.
In a hydro grow however you keep the state of a sodden and saturated media from beginning to the end.
Btw its a safe way bc underwatering and overwatering is impossible to happen.
Cocolores is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 PM #1953
HalfArsedFarmer

HalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura aboutHalfArsedFarmer has a spectacular aura about
In a drip system with Clay pepples you only start with little feedings once twice a day so not sodden in that hydro system.

The same as NFT you only run the pump once or twice a day untill the root system is there in the matt to take being sodden.

DWC is best to hand water the plants at the start again until the root system is out from the bottom of the net & can take sitting in the water.

Just my opinion and 20 years plus of doing this & never loosing a plant to my medium being too wet.
HalfArsedFarmer is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 AM #1954
Alexphillips

Alexphillips is on a distinguished road
thanx for the tips
it is easy to re-use coco if you do not want to buy it again. do not through coco. add them into the soil to increase the water holding capacity of soil.

i have 4 pots full of half soil and half coco, nice combination
Alexphillips is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2019, 01:51 AM #1955
NzGreenWhanau

NzGreenWhanau has a spectacular aura aboutNzGreenWhanau has a spectacular aura aboutNzGreenWhanau has a spectacular aura aboutNzGreenWhanau has a spectacular aura aboutNzGreenWhanau has a spectacular aura about
Nice thread
NzGreenWhanau is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 PM #1956
710slickxx

710slickxx is on a distinguished road
I love this thread. Im about 5 weeks into flower, what should my ppm runoff be? It was reallly high earlier (3500ish) and i dropped her down to 1700ish... i flushed using 1/3rd strengh nutes
710slickxx is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 PM #1957
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
How often do you guys water during the flush?

I have been having to flush for almost 3 weeks before I got any fade.

I am in 1 gallon hempys. Handwatered almost every day. I am using Veg & Bloom. It's high in n nitrogen. I am going to switch nutes next round.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 07:59 AM #1958
sk8rdad

sk8rdad is on a distinguished road
I can’t believe I finally read all 196 pages of this thread and I get to be the 1958th comment for my first post on this site. I was directed here from someone on reddit, really glad cause I finally found a place to get real info and not feel like 80% or better of the “tips” are trolls.
So to start I need to say thank you to bonecarver_OG for coming up with the idea to make this thread for handwatering coco. Then I want to thank everyone who asked anything over the years and more importantly ALL those who contributed opinions. Even though there is controversial items on the agenda in regards to having a transplant and watering schedule, I feel most people in this thread agreed on better practices based on certain situations. And everyone has always seemed to be willing to help even those who had just found the information themselves and not sure but wanting to spread what knowledge they thought they could.
I feel confident moving forward on my first ever grow (for cannabis and as a gardener in general) using coco as my medium. Even after learning of ph and EC readings (had no idea EC had both 500 and 700 reading measurements �� always just thought .5=500ppm and 1.0 was 1000ppm) I still feel the whole thing is a little daunting but I’m happy I haven’t jumped the gun and germinated any seedlings without my ph/EC meters. I’m gonna try to figure out how to make a thread here to get help finalizing my grow space and determining best nutrient choices based off what’s in my local hydroponic shop for ease of mind when I need more ��
After the last few weeks reading this thread I feel like I am ready and thirsty for more knowledge and would appreciate a nudge in the direction of the next best thread to check out for a new cannabis gardener/new to gardening in general.

Ps. I am new to the idea of everything but have been constantly researching plant life cycles and needs and spent time on sites like www.growweedeasy.com so basic understanding is there and I’ve focused on attaining knowledge on training and how to be ready. But you can honestly never know enough and never stop learning ☺️

Really bummed I haven’t seen mgk or bonecarver in the 2019 posts, but then again with all this knowledge is there really much else to add here for handwatering?
sk8rdad is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:28 PM #1959
kamyo

kamyo has a spectacular aura aboutkamyo has a spectacular aura aboutkamyo has a spectacular aura aboutkamyo has a spectacular aura aboutkamyo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rdad View Post
I can’t believe I finally read all 196 pages of this thread and I get to be the 1958th comment for my first post on this site. I was directed here from someone on reddit, really glad cause I finally found a place to get real info and not feel like 80% or better of the “tips” are trolls.
Hi, friend. Also on reddit (/r/microgrowery, but not super active). IC has over a decade of the best cannabis-related information you can find. Welcome to the site and enjoy the hours of reading you'll do.

On the topic of hand-watering coco, that's what I'll be doing soon. Waiting for this round of hand watering light warrior/perlite and then it'll be coco. I knew I wanted to bottle feed and thought a peat based mix would be okay, but it just holds too much water for me. Will be sure to throw in my experience when the time comes.
kamyo is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 PM #1960
sk8rdad

sk8rdad is on a distinguished road
I do enjoy browsing microgrowery to see how different experiments are going, my first run has begun and I read he3d’s 6/9 formula so gonna use that. Handwater to waste with simple nutes to mix makes it easy for myself and for my plant sitters cause I have a holiday happening soon. The coco thread, he3d’s thread and this have given me so much knowledge. I’m off to find more ☺️
sk8rdad is offline Quote