What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermaphrodites - Has anyone used Dutch Master Reverse

avanovich

Hi,

Got some hermaphrodite Big Bud plants. They are clones of several generations. They were a bit stressed over Xmas when it was really cold, didn't have quite enough light or the best vegetation. Someone watered them for me while I was away.

Came back, cropped main chamber and moved them in thinking they looked a little tall and skinny. They now have all the light and space they need and their mothers and grandmothers all did well in there so the environment is as good as it can be - obviously its winter so temps are a bit down. I've looked at the photos and most of them deffo have male flowers, although some seem workse than others and the buds that are there are really sticky so there are obviously crystals.

I have heard of a product called Dutch Master Reverse and wondered whether anyone has used it and whether it works. My local grow shop doesn't have it so I would need to order it online. Also how long it takes to see results, especially for less experienced growers as I'm off again for another month and someone else will be caring for them. Do I just need to ditch the whole crop?

thanks in advance for any advice

avanovich

Just to continue, I should probly have mentioned that the plants are in soil and are about 4 weeks through their flowering cycle.

If there is only a couple of male flowers, you can just pick them off and stop pollen from being spread about. I've never used it, but Dutch Masters stuff is usually pretty darn good and it seems that you spray it once and that's all for the males. Might be worth giving it a try!

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Interested in knowing if it works, I've read mixed reports, some saying yay others nay.

I'd love to hear if you success with it

JWP

If a plant has intersex genes you cant change that.

Most females do have the genes even if not expressed.

Once expressed no "product" can change it back

PharmaCan

Veteran
You're supposed to use Reverse when you first switch to 12/12, but I've used it after seeing nanners a few weeks in and it worked. If you are ordering online, be sure to order DM's Penetrator; it's a companion product that should be used with the Reverse. Reverse is sprayed twice, the second time one week after the first.

Stuff works good!

PC

skunktoker

Yes reverse does definitely work and spray 2 times just like the above pharmacan
stated and penetrator to penetrate the leaves better................ST

avanovich

you know I think they are too far gone. They seem too blokey all over! I don't want to risk them pollinating my mothers or the girls in the next door chamber.

If I was gonna be here to keep an eye on them I might give it a go but I'm going away next week for a month and its too much to ask someone else to do unless they are really experienced in dealing with hermies and males, which no one locally I know is.

Luckily I got some more babies that will be ready for planting up soon that I can replace them with.

thanks for the advice anyway. I never used a pot forum before but it seems like there is lots of useful stuff on here.

I know this thread is old...BUt there is not alot of information from experience about Reverse...

Well a couple of weeks ago, my Timer failed...FUCK! Then a week after that i lost power for about 1 hour....Thats what started all of this...

Ive never had hermi's....Right now Im flowering clones from plants that i have flowered with no nanners showing up......BUT, since the timer and the power failure, a couple clones started shooting a few nanners, luckily, I spend a good amount of time in my 12/12 room, and I caugfht them really early....So I ordered some Dutch Master Reverse....They are 3 weeks in flower today, So by the directions, Im a little late, but I have read that it doesn't matter it will still work....And supposedly work fast, like 24-48 hours fast...

I just sprayed them about an hour or so ago...So I will report back as to my findings....I hope this works....They are beautiful girls..all the leaves are at a 45 degree angle up, just thriving....nice buds at 3 weeks in....just loving life.....Got 6 different strains/hybrids going, only 3 plants started throwing a few nanners..Hopefully Reverse will stop the nanners in their tracks...If not...Ill ditch the 3 plants, and throw some more cuts in the 12/12 room....

I'll be back in a day or so to give it a thumbs up or down......HOPEFULLY UP, way up!

crippled1

I used reverse as a preventative on some plants that were stressed in veg.
I didn't want to chance that they would hermie.
Unfortunately, I harvested, spent hours manicuring to find out the shit had gotten pollinated and I had some very, very tiny seeds that made smoking it taste like crap.

DirtDoctor

Tried reverse with a strain that always shoots out a few bananas around week 8 (G13xHP).

It didn't help with a strain that was pre-disposed, but might be effective in a situation like the original poster's: herms due to light-leaks or timer failures

:D

growshopfrank

Veteran
My experience with reverse is that the flower bracts (seed pods) swelled like it was forming a seed but no seed was produced. I don't think reverse will stop a plant from herming but it stops seeds from forming kind of like a "morning after pill"

Flexin420NyC

Hey quick question. I'm pretty bugged out about maybe having some hermies. It's not the genes because my friends run it all of the time and I took some clones. I do believe it's due to the heat. Only problem I'm having is that I'm about almost at day 60. This this cut usually goes till 90 days it's SD. Would I still be able to use the reverse his late into flower!?

pelican1020

Sorry for the thread necromancer move.

BUT I have an answer from my experience with Reverse.

This stuff specifically.
https://progressive-growth.com/product/dutchmaster-reverse-feminizer-1-liter/

It doesn't work.

I had some mighty grape, BOG blue moon rocks and Bogglegum that were showing a couple hermies, bought the big container of reverse, used it on those ones, no change, they kept hermie-ing. Next group from same moms, used EXACTLY as directed. Once immediately in 12/12 then again 7 days later. Hermied like a motherfucker. Third times the charm right? Again, exactly as instructions on the jug. Ladyboys like Patpong.

My lights are on schedule 12/12, my temps are a steady 23C, humidity 45-55%, I run my nutes at 800ppm PH 5.5-5.8

Shit don't work.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We run multi-strain fem beans and 40 upwards and i have been using reverse fro many years even when it used to be called feminizer,,,,,
I totally stand by this product and our flowers never have beans,,,,,
We use at the end of week1 then 10 days later and then another 10 days later,,,
always use with saturator,,,
some call it snake oil but its always worked for us,,
just never use outside the prescribed time limit
best of luck,,,,,s2

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the thread necromancer move.

BUT I have an answer from my experience with Reverse.

This stuff specifically.
https://progressive-growth.com/product/dutchmaster-reverse-feminizer-1-liter/

It doesn't work.

I had some mighty grape, BOG blue moon rocks and Bogglegum that were showing a couple hermies, bought the big container of reverse, used it on those ones, no change, they kept hermie-ing. Next group from same moms, used EXACTLY as directed. Once immediately in 12/12 then again 7 days later. Hermied like a motherfucker. Third times the charm right? Again, exactly as instructions on the jug. Ladyboys like Patpong.

My lights are on schedule 12/12, my temps are a steady 23C, humidity 45-55%, I run my nutes at 800ppm PH 5.5-5.8

Shit don't work.
genetics,genetics,,,genetics,,,

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My experience with reverse is that the flower bracts (seed pods) swelled like it was forming a seed but no seed was produced. I don't think reverse will stop a plant from herming but it stops seeds from forming kind of like a "morning after pill"

yes,,,,crap genetics,,light leaks,etc.etc,,,,s2:tiphat: