What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im sure there is a post in the UK Clone Only thread from the guy who grew the sensi sk1, kept and named the cheese cut and gifted it to exodus. Good story that rang of the truth to me. Can anyone find it?? - i cant

i have a cheese vegging up that is going into flower in the next few weeks - can't wait to grow this legendary cut out. Cant all be just hype - many people pay a premium for cheese buds and keep going back for more...

V.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Bear in mind the average UK smoker doesnt have anywhere near the range of genetics you have access to.

That, and the fact that Cheese seems to keep that trademark funk, even if grown poorly and not dried/cured properly, could account for the hype.

Exactly - For the 1st 3 years of my smoking life 98% of what I smoked was soap, as that was all there was available to me.
Soap is gangster hash, with added bonus shampoo, shit, oil, plastic, oh yeah some more plastic, hmm now a bit of cellophane, McDonalds kids toy - warm it up, here you go £10 an eighth, the gak on your lungs is free.

Its hard to imagine the dire situation we have in the UK, for people in sunny lands whose lives are very different.
SOME pepole here are in the know for sure and can get the worlds best offeringss of hash and bud, but the rest and its a big rest get whatever they can. Most of our commercially grown green bud or skunk as most call it here, is getting mixed with ground glass, sugar, etc anything to up the profits.

So yeah if you get an eighth with no glass, no plastic and it smells of cheese? - Well then fuck yeah bring it on. :joint:

K

kopite

As for the seedstock, it's quite likely that Sunlight Systems in Leicester were the supplier, rather than Sensi direct - SS were trying to trademark 'Skunk #1' and other names a long time ago - possibly as a front for Sensi, but possibly not.

it was acquired via Sensi coffeeshop in amsterdam along with Silver Peal and something else from memory...

Vgreen, I believe it was of the hill that got it to them....

D

Dalaihempy

There is much better growing in the uk than sk1 called cheese fact is the dams is only a short trip for you lot and for a while now you guys could get any commercial seed line in house and like any person in any part of the world now days to control what you smoke you need to do it your self.

The uk like most uropen countrys have come a long way from the days of only smokeing hash.

Sorry guys but if were going to be honest here thats the facts.

I would love for any one to show me this plant growing in there space fact is no one has to date and this is the picture of the sk1 plant called cheese first posted at CW.

Attachments

• ch11_119_1_.jpg
    ch11_119_1_.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 64

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice post Hempy :yes:

Btw.. that is Queijo / Hothouseflowers photo of ,, a bunch of cut Cheese branches. Hope this helps.

Peace n love

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I haven't even seen soap bar in over five years - all the hash I get hold of is top-notch - Black Afghani (later today probably), 'Obama' Morrocan, occasionally hand-rolled Maroc balls from Ketama. The hash scene is vastly better (in terms of quality) than at any time I've ever known in 25 years. And as for access to genetics, all I've done is bought a few packs of seeds, incrossed them, and started swapping.
The UK probably has more strains per square mile than anywhere else in Europe, so I wouldn't say it was dire, really. I don't consider myself an 'elite' anything, and just get stuck in and talk to people...:)

B

Blue

More hype about an ok strain... Jesus are we all turning into Americans where hype is king and the product is a second?? I don’t wish to offend any US growers but you do hype strains to stupid proportions, not all of you mind some know the plant for what it is a plant and not a money making tool or a trinket to hold above others heads as if to say I'm better then you as I have this OG lobster diesel white Kush clone.

In brum we were getting Cheese in the early to mid 90's as I recall even then it was only an ok as we had access to far better stuff like choccy Thai & lambs bread.

As Doc, Dali & elevator have all said there is better out there put some work in your self and you will find these phenos... also pollen chuck like your life depends on it this way you will get bad ass erb.... rather then running around after clones that are supposed elites that turn out to be no better then a $20 pack from Mandala......

One love jah bless
Blue

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More hype about an ok strain... Jesus are we all turning into Americans where hype is king and the product is a second?? ...

i think the point is about UK Cheese, and the way it has been distributed in gift form, is that it is a symbol of so much. For me, i see it as a rite of passage to grow out the cheese, an initiation into a collective of like minded people that are prepared to put themselves out there and perpetuate the great tradition of donating the cut to others - as well as a leap of faith on my part to actually trust that someone would do something for nothing with no strings attached. quite an eye opener for me.
I certainly expect it to be a decent smoke but i will be surprised if it is my "holy grail" - even just thinking about my vegging cheese plants puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like i am following in the footsteps of many others who have taken matters into their own hands and decided to sort out their own supply of quality meds.

cheese is hope for us all, a reminder that the love of the rave scene didnt stop when you left the dancefloor - long live the cheese! :2cents::abduct:

V.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The UK probably has more strains per square mile than anywhere else in Europe

Hehe,, I was arguing (stupidly boasting) this fact in chat the other day with Mopple (who knows his stuff :yes: ),, it went over the most chat users heads. Think they thought I was drunk..lol

Statistics show that France and some place like Denmark smokes the most dope based on pie-charts of 'people per pipe' or something..lol,, but anyone on road in the UK knows that the scene is rampant,, from underage hoodies to OAPs,, we all do it,, just check the number of growshops in ya hood in comparison to other places in the EU :chin:

Our guess-ti-mation is that the UK comes 3rd/4th only to the USA (and perhaps Canada) on the overgrowing side of things indoor,, per sq. yard still not as condensed as NL... but more widespread. Spain and the new EU zones now hold the edge on outdoor (polytunnel) crops - which make bigger harvests and feed more mouths in erbs :joint:

Not to say that I don't still love my Viking and Italian brethren/sistren who are proven spearheads in the ganja-revolution and heavy smokers! They've just perfected the art already so they need to smoke less to get the best effects. In this respect the UK still has a lot to learn from dem :joint:

daddy fingaz

i think the point is about UK Cheese, and the way it has been distributed in gift form, is that it is a symbol of so much. For me, i see it as a rite of passage to grow out the cheese, an initiation into a collective of like minded people that are prepared to put themselves out there and perpetuate the great tradition of donating the cut to others
cheese is hope for us all, a reminder that the love of the rave scene didnt stop when you left the dancefloor - long live the cheese! :2cents::abduct:
V.

This is wot its about! :joint:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
let me jump in here.....

France , Danmark AND Spain might have a lot of puffers. But most of em are smoking crappy hash. There are offcourse dudes that buy the high grade stuff, but most dont. And they sure arent smoking high grade bud.

Offcourse the people who grow their own , and the people around them get to smoke high grade bud.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Very inspiring videos.

As a 21 year old, I find it a great shame my generation in the UK doesnt know about any kind of anti-establishment activism. Any spirit British youth had has been sucked out of (most) of us by a diet of reality tv and fast food.

And what a fucking arsehole that Tory twat was!

Trust me - the spirit is alive and well. If you want to work for the greater good and get active there are protest sites to live on, activist camps, meeting places in cities.

I am lucky to know many people that have literally given their lives to the cause, I lived on a protest site a few years ago, (Babylon trying to quarry an ancient British site) and we WON - yep it does work.

The camp was there 8 or was it 9 years. We sat those fuckers out so they couldn't drive their JCBs on the land and start quarrying. We built treehouses, dug tunnels and put up massive spiderwebs of walkways in the trees. - I'll see if I can dig out some plotos.
If you like climbing or adventure, or sticking it to Babylon, they're the place to be, and in the autumn oh the magic mushrooms. :)

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Some pics from a British Protest camp

Some pics from a British Protest camp

I lived in one of these benders :)

picture.php

Animal rights activist refuses to use horse

picture.php

My friend went off to Manchester for the weekend and left his candle on

picture.php

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
One of the defenses
The idea was if the bailifs come you run to the trees or walkways or stick your hand in a lockon.
It costs them a lot of money to remove people from caravans suspended by polyProp :)
It is the cost that kept them from ever coming.

picture.php

Our fresh water source

picture.php

Another defense / house, Yup a few nutters lived in these full time - I couldnt as first thing in the morning when I needed a crap I'd have to put on a harness and abseil down a tree, not too comfortable

picture.php

Actually we're really rather a well read bunch

picture.php

picture.php

One of the walkways with a net - Can you see the 2 people in it?

picture.php

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Is that Nine Ladies? Ah - memories...! :)

I never stayed on the camp, but I certainly spent a few long nights down the circle over the years throwing some of Sam's dice...:)

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool pics ^ hehe
I´ve smoked Cheese grown outdoors in Spain and liked it.it´s a very nice skunk hands down :joint:

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Is that Nine Ladies? Ah - memories...! :)

I never stayed on the camp, but I certainly spent a few long nights down the circle over the years throwing some of Sam's dice...:)

Yep it's the nine ladies. Haven't been up there for years but talking about it is giving me itchy feet.

And mid Sept is a great time to visit for mushies :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, that was always part of the appeal...along with a few other similar haunts in the area. I always liked the stone watchtower on the edge of the plateau - a very strange and wonderful place...:)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Btw ,, sunlight systems was just a fledgling of 21st Century Gardens, N. London :canabis:

Also,, if ONE man dem lay claim pon Skunk #1 it's SAM the Skunkman!

(he's a mod. here folks so pls show some credit / respect / mindfulness)

Like it or loath it,, 'Cheese' is here to stay I reckon,, :joint:

It's "old-school ,, like a real pair of hippies flares" [chester p]

Sunlight Systems were open in Leicester for a while, then the "London" shop in Stratford opened min 1 year before 21st C G were thought about, let alone open, I got 21CG's owner his first ever crop of clones and told him what to do with them and remember it very clearly.

im sure there is a post in the UK Clone Only thread from the guy who grew the sensi sk1, kept and named the cheese cut and gifted it to exodus. Good story that rang of the truth to me. Can anyone find it?? - i cant

i have a cheese vegging up that is going into flower in the next few weeks - can't wait to grow this legendary cut out. Cant all be just hype - many people pay a premium for cheese buds and keep going back for more...

V.

Yes, VG, I am sure I [and several others] have posted it ages ago, it really had the smell of truth about it with zero BS. Cheese was just a codeword for the ultra stinky SK1 plant, a lucky result as they only bothered keeping one cut out of 2 cheap Sensi seeds packs they bought, happily it was the freak.

I personally think the hype is justified, a great tasting smoke that everybody I met raves about, always the first bag to empty, the only one to be hoarded, etc.