What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiska-Blueberry update

70s_PotHead

Here my shiska BB at 50 daze. Came home the other night to see the 2 main kolas laying flat sideways from the weight :yoinks: got them all tied back up without any damage, can't say the same for my Papaya tho, anyways, she got her last nutes and now its straight RO water for another 10 days or so and down she will come, unless she trys and self harvest again on her own.
Smell very pungent hashy berry type smell, definatly the stinky one on the grow box.

Hope you like

See ya at the harvest :yummy:

70s :wave:

guineapig

Veteran
very nice indeedily-doodily.....i don't know if this makes any sense to you but do you think you can tell the difference between phenotypes based on the structures of the main colas?

take pic #1 for example.....in this pic i don't see any difference in the leaf shapes, number of blades, etc.......however, when it comes to Cola Structures, the cola on the right is much more pointy whereas the cola on the left looks more flattened and almost cylindrical.....

in my opinion, the flat and cylindrical cola really looks more of a classical "blueberry" structure while the pointy cola looks more like a "shish" cola......would you agree with me on this point? Have you actually noticed that one plant leans more toward the BB parent while the other one leans more toward the Shish parent? Maybe i am reading too much into the photos or it is just the angle or something......but lemme know what U think......

thanks for the pics!
-kind regards from a humble guineapig :wave:

F

Father Time

Yep

Yep

great job mate,
them colas look sensational!!!
Kindest Regards,Father Time

70s_PotHead

guineapig said:
very nice indeedily-doodily.....i don't know if this makes any sense to you but do you think you can tell the difference between phenotypes based on the structures of the main colas?

take pic #1 for example.....in this pic i don't see any difference in the leaf shapes, number of blades, etc.......however, when it comes to Cola Structures, the cola on the right is much more pointy whereas the cola on the left looks more flattened and almost cylindrical.....

in my opinion, the flat and cylindrical cola really looks more of a classical "blueberry" structure while the pointy cola looks more like a "shish" cola......would you agree with me on this point? Have you actually noticed that one plant leans more toward the BB parent while the other one leans more toward the Shish parent? Maybe i am reading too much into the photos or it is just the angle or something......but lemme know what U think......

thanks for the pics!
-kind regards from a humble guineapig :wave:

guinepig my friend, I hate to tell you this but there is only one plant in the pictures, pictures just taken from differant angles :bat: but those are great questions and honestly I cannot answer for sure because I have never grown a shiska before. I believe shiskaberry has a BB father and this cross shiska-BB is a shiskaberry x Sag. Bluberry cross so I assume this is leaning heavely toward the BB side, but I have yet to see any purple or blue hues in her, either way its a killer plant IMO

Thanks for stopping by

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
:yoinks: beautifull sweetie :wave: .Ive a couple crosses heading my way from Rolly he want's tested,now i can't wait after seeing this thread :woohoo: .As alway's very well done my :friends: :wink: .

G

Interesting. I have grown Shishka for 3 years. what did crossing it with BB due for the plant? The reasonI ask is since it is 50% blueberry ( DJ MALE) wouldnt crossing it back with Blueberry just make it more blueberry tasting?

Nice pics by the way

G

looking good

...I've had the same issue with my shishkeberry crosses needing extra support to hold them up in late flowering...even though I build them up nice and strong with heavy wind, they still get all tipsy

70s_PotHead

maddog99 said:
looking good

...I've had the same issue with my shishkeberry crosses needing extra support to hold them up in late flowering...even though I build them up nice and strong with heavy wind, they still get all tipsy

Yea thats a pretty good problem to have isnt it :woohoo:

mm1681, don't know but that would be my guess also, kind of like a backcross I guess.

Hi Teresa how ya doin honey :wave: :friends: yea I was suppose to do those same testers for Rolly if your talking about the medicine man x chronic. After the Klozit BS I told him i'm over here now but havent heard from him.

3legdog

My original Shiskaberry plants finished fast & liked to throw a few nannars late. Sterile singles mostly although it's the reason i no longer have it now. Your cross looks great :canabis: & a nice yeild like the O. Shishk. for sure !

Hazy Daze

:woohoo: 70's, those look really, really good! Damn Bro. Had the same problem with the AK47's I grew last time. Branches falling over because of the bud weight. You're right, it's a problem that's not bad to have. LOL

Hazy :jump: Daze

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
70s_PotHead said:
Hi Teresa how ya doin honey :wave: :friends: yea I was suppose to do those same testers for Rolly if your talking about the medicine man x chronic. After the Klozit BS I told him i'm over here now but havent heard from him.

All i know is C W R and T C is what he's calling the strain's i'm going to test :chin: .Have a pm sent to him at the Klozit to find out more about them.I'll send him a link also to your thread's and hope the Angel will appear .After seeing this thread i might have to crack a few of these year's since ive grow this strain but remember it to kick ya in the butt pretty good :chin: :wave: :friends: :wink: .