What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do I do with 100s of last year's lbs

PDX Dopesmoker

The problem described by Humbolt hermit isn't uncommon, seems like everyone on the west coast is having trouble making their volume product go somewhere else.

montroller

process it to distillate for a split and be prepared to bottom out your prices. The market is pretty rough right now.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
You could make a thousand pounds of canna butter and make a brownie the size of Texas. LOL

Out here where it is still illegal you can still get $1500 to $2000 per pound. Old? Who cares. Most people around here wouldn't know the difference. I still see people smoking Mex brick weed they paid $200 an ounce for. LOL

Funny how a things can be so different just a few states away.

Sorry, wish I could help but I just don't have the contacts for that kind of quantity any more. Not for decades. LOL

Good luck.

You could make a thousand pounds of canna butter and make a brownie the size of Texas. LOL

Out here where it is still illegal you can still get $1500 to $2000 per pound. Old? Who cares. Most people around here wouldn't know the difference. I still see people smoking Mex brick weed they paid $200 an ounce for. LOL

Funny how a things can be so different just a few states away.

Sorry, wish I could help but I just don't have the contacts for that kind of quantity any more. Not for decades. LOL

Good luck.

Me thinks the OP is just playing y'all ... but that's just me.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ He may have read that news story of the Mendocino grower who got busted with 800 pounds. The cops asked him what he was doing with that much pot, he said 'I don't know'.

Trapped in a world with more pot than he knows what to do with. hehe There will be many more like him in the future. You will have to hustle that stuff out some way or take the chance it will just sit. The days of it selling itself are long gone.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If it is actually top shelf it would sell quickly just about anywhere. Maybe have it lab tested to prove it is free of pesticides and fungicides. I myself would prefer a bag of old clean weed to a fresh bag of the poison kind.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe someone should start a charity 'Stoners-in-Need' maybe?

Then anyone who has a problem like this can donate their excess 'erbals to a great cause.

lol

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Note to self....... should I ever grow 100lbs, cure that shit. If handled correctly that crop would be better now instead of degrading.

M

moose eater

No they're not.
Maybe in this particular situation but yeah... The demand is still high.

I think that is primarily a regional or 'clique/circle' assessment these days.

Even people with the best of the best are sitting on stuff some times now. Profile in larger circles matters.

Not just because of the market, but some of us have reached a point where many more who might've once been customers are now growing for themselves.

In other circumstances, some doors have been closed due to not dealing with folks who don't mind their manners, exude attitudes not tolerated, etc.

And going out and finding new connections to hustle stuff opens doors that bring risks. Comfort zones with known clients matter even more, now that the gov. wants their cut.

Pre-legalization, growers were just "those dirty hippies (the gov and others) loved to hate." Now they're still "those dirty hippies (those same folks) still love to hate, but who now owe the gov. $50/oz. production tax, plus retail taxes.... plus federal income tax," and yadda yadda...

I write that and hear (I think it was Billy Cobham?) doing 'Changes' or what ever... "Well my mind keeps going through these changes..."

Some of us have lived long enough with the stress of the business, that opening up new doors and approaching folks in a changed & thus less familiar market brings jitters. And there's a Caine and Abel feature to the legal growers and black market growers, many of whom once knew each other, but where the envy and separation of "we're legal and you're NOT!!" takes a toll.

That feature was present in the Mat-Su when two questionable but high profile canna delivery services were indicted a couple years back, and legal growers who weren't even up and running yet showed up to advocate in favor of their prosecutions!! Leading me to a serious "WTF??!" moment.

The brotherhood and sisterhood of the green thumbs of the black market had been driven apart by one of the oldest offenders in the world; greed and self-interests.

In short, markets are changing all over the place where legalization factors in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: That -wasn't- Billy Cobham; my memory is finding new gaps where there didn't use to be so many!! It was Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypsies.. Sheesh!! How'd I miss that??!! Time to bury my head in shame!!

Last edited:

JVonChron

only advice i can give as far as networking goes is...buy a ticket to emerald cup. hand out samples. network the best/safely as you can. if its truly been stored proper, its hopefully "golden" at this point and not necessarily "brown".

Humboldt-hermit

I have been thinking that the clear is the way to go for me. Any idea how much yeild of clear per pound of product I could expect to average? and what a fair wholesale price is for the clear per gram /pound? I'm hoping that would equal the price I would have sold em for. I know it sounds lame but yeah I spend all my days on the hill. I don't get out ever I'm just to busy with running the farm and all that goes with it. I had one person I worked with and they moved away. I never thought about it really I just thought somebody would eventually move it,that's always been the case each year by June or July. It wasn't until August that I finally realized times have really changed. The product is good. Never been sprayed with anything ever. All organic ferts. Hand trimmed . Dryed cured and stored well vac with 02 absorbers and kept cold and dark. I have a huge ammount invested just to get it in the bag.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been thinking that the clear is the way to go for me. Any idea how much yeild of clear per pound of product I could expect to average? and what a fair wholesale price is for the clear per gram /pound? I'm hoping that would equal the price I would have sold em for. I know it sounds lame but yeah I spend all my days on the hill. I don't get out ever I'm just to busy with running the farm and all that goes with it. I had one person I worked with and they moved away. I never thought about it really I just thought somebody would eventually move it,that's always been the case each year by June or July. It wasn't until August that I finally realized times have really changed. The product is good. Never been sprayed with anything ever. All organic ferts. Hand trimmed . Dryed cured and stored well vac with 02 absorbers and kept cold and dark. I have a huge ammount invested just to get it in the bag.
ASSuming a 20% oil yield and a 60 to 70% clear yield, about .12 to .14 lbs or about 54/63 grams.

HWY36

Closer to 36

Hermit, not sure why my post got deleted. I assume IC is trying to cover their ass, even though "having a look" at your weed doesn't constitute any illicit activity as far as I know. Recommending that you ship it back east is highly illegal so I'm not sure where I went wrong. I need to go read the forum guidelines; don't want to piss anyone off. Perhaps when you have enough posts we can private message and go have a beer or something. Best of luck to you.