What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seeds ReWorked BubbleGum and more.

G

And the re-worked BubbleGum coming up on Day 57 for # 3 and day 52 for # 2 and 4. All three were leafy in the buds, but I will be better able to handle that with the proper sized container next round. All three were nice and sticky, and all three have sweet noses that dont smell like fruit of flowers. Number 3 is still the most unique structurally and # 2 appears to be the better yielder this round.

# 2

# 3

G

Back to the Congo at day 57. I dropped the ball on this one and I'm not sure how. None of the buds ever went thru a rapid weight gain phase. Everything looks normal except for no swell. The tric heads are all very clear, but otherwise the plant shows multiple signs of slowing down.
Her nose is completely different from the former girl from the same pack. It is a cleaner, herbal more urbane type of aftershave with no hint of sweet or ruggedness.
Fascinating terpine profile altogether. Regardless of this outcome, I have a clone ramping up for a spot in the tent.

G

Back with an update.
Starting off strong is Relentlesses 818SFVFireOG at day 58. She is a great all around plant once you get her dialed in.

G

Up next is Archives Spaceface. This plant was cut at day 77 and it still didn't have much if any amber. Strange thing is that the glands all got milky in the mid-50's and didn't budge... More experimentation to follow.

G

And my 3 Kali Mist's. One & two were the most similar, being more club-like in structure. They are both foxtailing some but just chunky overall. Two is my favorite for some reason. I suspect it has to do with what looks like more resin. Number three is the most spear like and has great little foxtails everywhere. She looks the most sativa in bud structure. Leaf structure was very similar between the three of them. The smell is also very similar being understated compared to what else is in the room.
In order

G

Next up is my Back to the Congo harvested at day 63. She has a muted smell about her now that she is in cure mode. The smell is clean like the shaving section of an apothocary. The buds never swelled for me and I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm going to do some reading on Deep Chunk because I think the buds are pretty small on that strain. I've got a BTTC clone in flower now and will pay close attention to her the entire cycle.

G

Now on to the Bubblegums. All were taken down at day 63. All were good and ready with number 3 being more amber at chop time. All were completely milky.They are in cure. Sofar I have not found the Bubblegum smell on any of them. They are all cloying sweet and I have high expectations on a good cure.

Up first is what I am calling plant 2. She was the best yielding, structure, looks and smells of the three. I will be running her again regardless of her similaraties to Bubblegum.

G

Serious Seeds re-worked Bubblegum

In conclusion
I have pulled out of cure, trimmed and tested all 3 of the re-worked Bubblegums. And I can say that none of them have bubblegum in taste or smell. All are sweet but none have what I was hoping for. I am running both 2 and 3 (as 4 was similar to 2) a few more times to see what they can do with a little more dialing in. I like the high on all of them, and the taste and smell are very nice non-descript sweetness. Structurally #2 is great and yields well too. Crystal production is on point on all 3. Overall I would rate the strain very high except for its name.

G

Serious Seeds Kali Mist. Seeds obtained in '15 or '16.
I took #'s 1 & 2 at day 84 and let #3 go to day 91.
Number 1 was the least interesting in the grow and was a big blocky red-head. Number 2 had the most crystal and I visually liked how the buds developed during flowering. Number 3 has the most spear like buds and took a bit longer to finish. I haven't really explored the 3 moms in earnest but they all have that background sweet incense smell with a bit of citrus mixed in. All are potent in a more subtle way and there is never a period of adjusting to the initial onset.

Last edited:
G

Archives Space Face taken at day 77. I think she could have gone another 2 weeks easy as the calyxs were only mid swell by my recollection. Smell is strong OG perfume/citrus/funk. She has that resin content that tells me she will never feel fully dry, and is probably the most potent in my arsenal currently. I'll run her again to see what secrets she still hides.