What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my seedling stretching too much?

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I turned the circ fan off entirely. It's just the intake and outtake fans. They seem to be liking it.

Thanks, dude. Yeah, I'm gonna start feeding nutes once they're big enough for the 3 gallons.

Nice plant, btw. I need to be patient and hopefully my plants will reach that eventually.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Don't turn off the circ fan just don't have it blowing directly on your seedlings. And dr is right about the feeding and transplanting. Go easy at first.

Alright, circ fan is back on and the plants have been looking a little better. The weak one is bouncing back great. Strong one looks like it'll be ready for transplant in a little over a week.

I'm just nervous about the humidity. With the circ fan off, the Temps and humidity were pretty good. With it on even low, the humidity has dropped to the 50's while the temp is still good.

My next investment is going to be a controller or two. Manually tweaking the environment everytime I check on them is becoming very annoying. A controller will give me peace of mind.

Green Ninja #2 almost two weeks from seed. It bounced back from the shock very well. I still have it propped up with a bread bag tie because without it, it still ever so slightly leans. I'm gonna keep them on until it becomes strong enough to hold itself up. It's coming along well, though.

123w6qu.jpg

This is #1 who is a few days older than number 2, but developed slower and was shocked pretty hard from stress. It's kinda hard to make out in the natural light, but it had some discoloration in the leaves as well as drooping. I might just chop this one, but I wanna see if it just needs time.

33dkohz.jpg

zwm2d1.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pics. I have no idea why my phone has been doing that lately.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True. Thanks, man. I guess I'm so nervous about this grow being successful because I plan on my growing being a source of income.

Just grow to learn the problems and solutions (soil, lighting, amendments, etc.) and enjoy watching the plant changes- fascinating! Once you have that down, THEN consider future grows for income ventures. Seen/read many that try to do too much, too soon, and fail.

MJBadger

Veteran
Good luck with the grow .

Midwest sticky has it right here with this post .

This is the best grow forum around, so much info and good peeps here. Plus some of the most potent famous strains were made by members here. You choose a great place to document your first grow.

Just grow to learn the problems and solutions (soil, lighting, amendments, etc.) and enjoy watching the plant changes- fascinating! Once you have that down, THEN consider future grows for income ventures. Seen/read many that try to do too much, too soon, and fail.

I hear you, man. I'm really taking advantage of the experience I'm gaining. I love the therapeutic value, the idea of having quality control over my smoke, and everything else about growing, but I'll be honest when saying I'm an entrepreneur and the profit to be gained is enticing.

I got into growing because I used to sell weed out of the projects I used to live in. I had a few connects and one semi-reliable one. Some days the quality was excellent, others not so much. I decided I wanted to cut out the middleman and began my research.

I hear you though, dude. I definitely will be taking these first grows as valuable learning experiences.

Thanks for the kind words, dudes! Really dig the good vibes as my girl's are looking better.

I will be putting two afganhi seeds and a Strawberry Blue seed under wet napkins tonight. I also have 10 white widows from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com on their way after my first order from them didn't show for almost 3 months.

Midwest sticky

Good luck with the new beans if you live in the us let me know I'll give you the names of some seed banks here so you don't have to worry bout customs finding your beans.

Midwest sticky

Yes ive ordered from both of these awhile ago. Not the biggest selection but the first one has a good selection.

Naturesgreenremedies

rockymountainseedbank

Update:

So, the seedlings are moving along just fine. GN #2 is still very much in the lead as far as growth and health is concerned. #1 is actually doing a lot better though. It still looks almost diseased, but I think its just from the stress it endured.

Humidity and temps have been swinging, but haven't really gotten too nuts except for when I forgot to turn the humidifier down for lights out and humidity got up to the high 80's and EVERYTHING was covered in a mist. Even my LED and my circulation fan, which scared the living fuck out of me. It has been rather annoying to constantly tweak them to accommodate the plants. Controllers are my next investment.

Question: Can I transplant these to the 3 gallon smart pots and "begin" veg? They seem healthy enough and have a couple sets of leaves already. I can already see more shoots forming, too. Or should I wait until they are bigger with stronger stems?

2epj96q.jpg

Also, the Afghani's and the Strawberry Blue showed their tap roots after one day under wet napkins. This is impressive considering the Green Ninjas took about 2 days. I planted them in solo's under the fluorescent along with some cilantro and basil that my girlfriend wants to grow.

2mmxon9.jpg

Update:

So, the seedlings are moving along just fine. GN #2 is still very much in the lead as far as growth and health is concerned. #1 is actually doing a lot better though. It still looks almost diseased, but I think its just from the stress it endured.

Humidity and temps have been swinging, but haven't really gotten too nuts except for when I forgot to turn the humidifier down for lights out and humidity got up to the high 80's and EVERYTHING was covered in a mist. Even my LED and my circulation fan, which scared the living fuck out of me. It has been rather annoying to constantly tweak them to accommodate the plants. Controllers are my next investment.

Question: Can I transplant these to the 3 gallon smart pots and "begin" veg? They seem healthy enough and have a couple sets of leaves already. I can already see more shoots forming, too. Or should I wait until they are bigger with stronger stems?

View Image

Also, the Afghani's and the Strawberry Blue showed their tap roots after one day under wet napkins. This is impressive considering the Green Ninjas took about 2 days. I planted them in solo's under the fluorescent along with some cilantro and basil that my girlfriend wants to grow.

View Image

Okay, so I have no idea as to why my picture of my plants was switched to some dude holding a bird.