Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Any Display or Other Off-The-Shelf L.E.D. Lights for Micro-Grows?

Thread Title Search
Any Display or Other Off-The-Shelf L.E.D. Lights for Micro-Grows? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2018, 04:49 AM #1
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Any Display or Other Off-The-Shelf L.E.D. Lights for Micro-Grows?

I'm looking for a lighting solution which can be placed in a 24"-36" high type micro-cabinet. Are there any lighting solutions for displays using flowering quality L.E.D. solutions?

Something you can purchase off the shelf and plug in with low/no hassle. Thanks ever so much for any useful input.

Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 04-14-2018, 07:07 PM #2
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

I want to help but have such poor luck with single lights close to plants. At close range the square of the distance loss of intensity in a 120 degree beam really screws up the light hitting the plant.
A plant six inches away grows three inches and suddenly the top is getting four times the intensity, not good.

A set of four par 38 screw in LED spotlights, one in each corner would keep the light intensity even over the whole plant, allowing more height without burning the cola. The lights in the photo have had colas right up in between them, safely.
This is no longer just plug and play, but close, more plugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spreading the overhead lights allows the cola to go between.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	452539 Click image for larger version

Name:	Light is angled in on the lower half of plant.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	452540
Phaeton is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:12 PM #3
sixixix

sixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura about
I'm using three of these panels, although with a different driver. Mine are 4000K, used for veg, and I'm really happy with them. More efficiency and better spectrum compared to blurple light. You can't really go wrong with HLGs products.

Edit for pics:

sixixix is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 09:49 PM #4
soil margin

soil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of light
Those HLG-65's look nice, I just ordered one recently to supplement my 3x3 tent and am really looking forward to trying it out.

For something with a bit higher wattage but similar efficiency/price range, check out these https://solstrip.com/en/12-solsheets, they come in a 150 and 250w models. Not too pricey and really great lights from my limited experience.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 10:32 PM #5
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to all
Check out the Hans Panels:
https://bonsaihero.com/eur/

They're legit.

CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 03:11 AM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Some great suggestions here, thank you very much. You've given me some great ideas and areas to look into.

Awesome!
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 04:41 AM #7
soil margin

soil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Check out the Hans Panels:
https://bonsaihero.com/eur/

They're legit.

CC
You got another link? That doesn't work for me.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 02:09 PM #8
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to allChevy cHaze is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by soil margin View Post
You got another link? That doesn't work for me.
Sorry no, this one is copied straight from my browser...
But just search "Bonsai Hero" and it will pop up.
Also feel free to check the "super silent mode" thread in my sig, it uses the 65w Hans Panel, which was the first back then and not as eveolved as they're now, but still got me 80g from 65w in a scrog set-up.
Best,
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM #9
sixixix

sixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura aboutsixixix has a spectacular aura about
The Hans panel is supposedly regarded as one of the very best of the previous generation grow LEDs, and it is made with top quality components. But it is still previous gen tech.

HLG and other brands using quality phosphorus-coated white LEDs (COB or SMD) will be more effective, offer a better spectrum, and cost less.

DIY'ers build lights with the best components for under 1usd/watt. Times they are a-changing!

Edit: SolSkins are nice too! LM561C-based boards/strips seems to be taking over for COBs, lots of HLG clones and similar on Alibaba.com these days.

Last edited by sixixix; 04-16-2018 at 01:40 PM..
sixixix is offline Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 05:30 AM #10
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
I always wondered about using mini CMH bulbs.. They make them in almost any wattage, like 39 watt for example. Even have little baby 39 watt ballasts to power them. Could even make a mini hood or cool tube to go with it

How about a fixture full of 20-70w bulbs? 600-1000, watts all spread over a nice even scrog canopy. Lower ceilings in mind...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	415HJoiqcXL._AC_US218_.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	452745 Click image for larger version

Name:	51uc3T9KvHL._AC_US218_.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	452746

Last edited by Drop That Sound; 04-17-2018 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: pics
Drop That Sound is offline Quote