Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Outdoor Grapefruit and Critical Sour Grow Journal 20180302

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Outdoor Grapefruit and Critical Sour Grow Journal 20180302 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2018, 04:13 PM #31
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud of
Thank you, Mr B. It's been very overcast the last three days so growth has been minimal. Also, I trimmed some of the older fan leaves to give more light to new growth. We'll have plenty of sunlight for a few days so these should jump quite nicely. I'll post more pics when they've had time to grow a bit more.

Next watering will be very minimal inorganic nutes plus microbes and amino acids. After that I'm going to try the organic nutes again but will decrease the dosage.
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 11:20 PM #32
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud of
Here are today's pics, after a little trimming...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:14 PM #33
brown_thumb

This Outdoor Grapefruit is going into early flower. Too many stresses, I suppose... mea culpa. I'll nip off the bud and put her into 24 hour light for two days to force her back into vegetative state.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:09 AM #34
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Wow, that's unexpected
If you could bring into vegetative again, that would be awesome.
I must agree with you about the fact that stress played a major role in her early flowering...but what about the others? Are they behaving as the other one?

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
This Outdoor Grapefruit is going into early flower. Too many stresses, I suppose... mea culpa. I'll nip off the bud and put her into 24 hour light for two days to force her back into vegetative state.

View Image

Old 04-17-2018, 02:05 PM #35
brown_thumb

Thanks, Mr B. The others are still growing as normal. I'm sure this one thought I was trying to kill her so she decided to try and reproduce while she has the chance. I nipped off the bud and put her in 24 hour light for a couple of days. So far she isn't budding again. I'll have another look this morning after sunrise. BTW, there's another plant from another breeder which also went into early flower.

I've been trimming the lower leaves, partly to encourage taller growth, but also because I'm still experiencing (I think) mobile nutrient issues. The new growth always looks very healthy but the older/lower leaves lose their healthy green color and (I think) seem to become too dry causing mild clawing and edge burn. This might have been due to overfeeding and/or wet feet (damaged roots, before transplant) but I don't think so anymore, now that they're in difference soil. I'm switching back to the organic nutes today but will decrease the dosages somewhat. The roots may still be trying to grow and catch up the the rest of the plants.

One problem I've noticed is no plants I grow like dry heat. If they're in full sun in 90 degree temps below 40 percent humidity, they can't transpire quickly enough to prevent leaf damage. Again, this is all strains of cannabis and other supposedly heat-loving plants too. My bell pepper is suffering also.

This is obviously something (or some things) I'm doing wrong. But I am trying, Mr B.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:08 PM #36
brown_thumb

I'll post more photos in a couple of days or so.

I nipped a bud from the top of another plant going into (?early flower?) but then noticed several more young buds lower on the same plant. After close inspection of all five of those from Female Seeds PLUS six plants from another breeder... all eleven plants have begun to flower.

Making this perfectly clear: I'm a newb grower with little practical knowledge and "IF" this is too early for flower then it's "MY" fault. I was trying for very long vegetation time to grow huge plants but I failed... simple as that. Despite my goofs, these are great plants.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:13 PM #37
brown_thumb

EDITED...

I think I've found why I'm still having nutrient problems. Although Sun Gro Sunshine Mix #4 is advertised to have a PH of about 6.5, many are finding it's far more acidic, perhaps as low as 5.0. Others are correcting the problem by adding dolomite lime. How could the manufacturer be so far off from their advertised specs??

I guess I need to correct the soil PH and transplant to 5 gallon fabric pots.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:29 AM #38
brown_thumb

*duplicate*

Old 04-19-2018, 09:06 AM #39
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant futuremr.brunch has a brilliant future
If I may chime in.... I think maybe you are giving them too much of everything.... plants don’t require lots of nutrients/additives, and it is easy to love a plant to death.
As you are in soil, might I suggest that you repot, water (plain water) and let them get on with it.... feed every third or fourth watering, with a general nutrient feed nothing fancy.
Also try not to water too often, unless they need it.
Feel free to tell me to butt out if you like, but I think this will help in future.

All the best of luck

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.

Current: Female seeds blueberry cheesecake-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349369

Current: Female seeds dream berry-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350151

Current: seedsman Somango-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351684

Current: seedsman Jack Herer-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351686
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 04:19 PM #40
brown_thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brunch View Post
If I may chime in.... I think maybe you are giving them too much of everything.... plants don’t require lots of nutrients/additives, and it is easy to love a plant to death.
As you are in soil, might I suggest that you repot, water (plain water) and let them get on with it.... feed every third or fourth watering, with a general nutrient feed nothing fancy.
Also try not to water too often, unless they need it.
Feel free to tell me to butt out if you like, but I think this will help in future.

All the best of luck
Thank you. I've been like a silly puppy 'chasing my tail'.

I transplanted to the new mix to have better control of nutrient feeding. I read several places that Sunshine #4 is a good option. However, I've experienced issues with it straight from the bag. After further research, I've found that it's far too acidic so there are nutrient lock-out problems. The obvious minimal solution is to add dolomite lime to raise the soil PH.

NOTE: I popped ten new seeds from a different breeder and they all died when planted in the Sunshine Mix.

I've decided to add coco coir to the mix and amend the soil with dolomite lime. I'll also add more perlite and vermiculite.

I've yet to decide if I'm going to nip off all the buds and force these back into vegetative state.

The bottom line is I've done a terrible job thus far. I'm an embarrassment to the ICMAG community but I'll do my best to get this grow back on track.

Please forgive me, Mr B.