Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Any Display or Other Off-The-Shelf L.E.D. Lights for Micro-Grows?

Thread Title Search
Any Display or Other Off-The-Shelf L.E.D. Lights for Micro-Grows? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2018, 09:03 AM #11
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Cute!
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 04-17-2018, 10:08 AM #12
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
Found this pic here in an old thread. An oil lamp glass converted cool tube, with a 70 watt CMH. Sounds about perfect for a few square feet of space!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user102449_pic689921_1307447440.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	452750
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:33 PM #13
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I'm wondering if there are any commercial or home appliances which fit the bill? Something with a high volume of production, so the price is much lower. Great or even decent LED's at a very low price.

Has anyone worked with LED display lighting for micro grows? What other industry uses lights like display lighting, and what LED offerings have cropped up.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:29 PM #14
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop That Sound View Post
I always wondered about using mini CMH bulbs.. They make them in almost any wattage, like 39 watt for example. Even have little baby 39 watt ballasts to power them. Could even make a mini hood or cool tube to go with it

How about a fixture full of 20-70w bulbs? 600-1000, watts all spread over a nice even scrog canopy. Lower ceilings in mind...

I've been thinking about this as well and there are bunch of guys on here who are getting really good results with mini CMHs.
On the German sub forum... growing pure sativas under 70W&35W CMHs. Was quite impressive.
I turned towards LEDs as the heat and breaking threat of the CMHs was a concern for me as I'm frequently leaving my plants alone for 2weeks+

Those guys however never seemed to have problems.

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2018, 02:30 PM #15
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I'm wondering if there are any commercial or home appliances which fit the bill? Something with a high volume of production, so the price is much lower. Great or even decent LED's at a very low price.

Has anyone worked with LED display lighting for micro grows? What other industry uses lights like display lighting, and what LED offerings have cropped up.

Curtis,
I can only recommend the 7-in-1 bulb holder as an efficient yet cheap solution.
I've also gone from red&blue to white full spectrum, results really are better imho.
Those quantum thingies look real good too.

BEst,
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2018, 07:41 PM #16
Douglas.Curtis

Thank you, I may end up going with a fixture. I too would choose the CMH if it wasn't heat and danger issues. lol

Old 11-13-2018, 04:46 PM #17
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
I'm having real good luck with a combination of Warm (2700K) and Cool (5000K) $1, 9 watt bulbs from Walmart.

Bought a 200 watt "Dominator" with 6 COB assemblies. Puts out lots of purple-ish light that completely screws up the light sensors on a smart-phone. Not that that's bad, just to describe it.

In the process of side-lining the Dominator and building some fixtures with 20+ sockets for the $1 bulbs.

Of course, will keep the Dominator and see how it works during Cannabis flowering.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 06:58 PM #18
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
I've had great success with SolStrips. I've built three or four of these lights for myself and family. They aren't that difficult to DIY if you buy the pre-drilled and tapped heat sinks. They use the Samsung LM561C diodes, the strips run 24-volts and up to 2-amps.

Here is a 360-watt (dimmable) version that I use in a 30"x30"x30" grow space. It has six 2700K strips on a 240-watt driver and three 4000K on a 120-watt driver. This allows me to adjust not only intensity, but also spectrum.
ReikoX is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 PM #19
Douglas.Curtis

Wow... not exactly off-the-shelf, but definitely pretty. Nice neat job you did there as well, congrats and thank you.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:06 PM #20
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Curtis,
I can only recommend the 7-in-1 bulb holder as an efficient yet cheap solution.
I've also gone from red&blue to white full spectrum, results really are better imho.
Those quantum thingies look real good too.

BEst,
CC
One of my cabs is built for the 7 socket splitter. I drilled a hole for the hub in the top, so the actual socket the splitter screws into is on top of the cab. This gained me 4 -6 inches of interior headroom and is also a big help with heat dissipation. It also makes supporting the splitter a breeze, as the arms rest against the ceiling of the cab. An added bonus is that the now gently heated top of the cab is a great place to sprout seeds.

I can't remember which one offhand, but one of the standard hole-saw sizes is a perfect match to the central hub of the 7 socket splitter.
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote