Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Post Reply
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2018, 12:42 AM #2021
packerfan79
Senior Member

packerfan79's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,234
packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Hey Packer glad its coming around for you. Hope you and your plants have an easy move.
I had to get rid of all my plants, the 2 strains I NEED are backed up with a buddy of mine. Knowing we have a place to go is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
packerfan79 is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:10 AM #2022
pop_rocks
Senior Member

pop_rocks's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: in my empire of dirt
Posts: 2,898
pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
thats great news p'fan! hopefully you will like the new spot
i bet everyone is breathing a little easier now that you guys have found someplace
great news and i hope everyone likes the new location
pop_rocks is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 PM #2023
Fiddynut
Senior Member

Fiddynut's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Six feet under
Posts: 1,552
Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Happy Tuesday everyone.

@pop_rocks. Yes for sure the Judy is a good fork and I think that all the good ones today are getting updated to the air spring. Like you said they are light and have a wide range of adjustment. It's not a super fancy top of the line but ment to do a good job once you get the pressure dialed in for your weight and trail conditions. It has 5 clicks of rebound adjustment to play with as well. Your right I'm super excited to ride it but wil have to wait a bit longer. Once the snow melts I can at least take it around the neighborhood and get use to the new gearing and the clicker shifters. I always use to use twist grip shifters and never liked the clickers before but I'm going to try to get use to them.

@packerfan. That's great news pack, I'm sure you can breathe a bit easer now. It's going to be a busy weekend moving but will feel so good when you are done. I hope all goes smoothly in the move and you can get back to gardening soon!
Fiddynut is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:33 AM #2024
pop_rocks
Senior Member

pop_rocks's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: in my empire of dirt
Posts: 2,898
pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
hahah, oh man, i remember the twist shifters!
never got into them and just stuck with the thumb shifters, its funny how preferences vary from rider to rider
im sure it wont take you long to get used to the new set up and you will be rolling around in no time
is your bike a 1x? where you only have one ring up front and a range of gears in the back
/i was looking at a pic of your new bike and it looks like this is the factory set up
take a little getting used to but this is the direction things seem to be going
/ a lot of my friends run 1x set ups and a few even run single speed
the mrs still keeps a big ring up front so i need the extra gear to keep up with her, but im hoping to transition to a 1x set up one of these days
most quality shocks are air shocks now
you are right that you get more modulation out of them
so it looks like the sativa i was growing was a dud
i let it go much longer than expected and was rewarded with nothing but hemp!
/seriously, i rub the stems and there is no smell at all
it produced a bunch of thin, spindally buds that are near worthless
im cracking some new sativas that i was gifted by our man, p'fan, as we speak and will post up some pics of those babies here soon
the other indica pheno looks and smells great!
a really deep sweet and coffee smell, with a hint of stoney goodness

hope everyone is having a great week
pop_rocks is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 AM #2025
Rodehazrd
Member

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: DREAMTIME
Posts: 665
Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
I had to get rid of all my plants, the 2 strains I NEED are backed up with a buddy of mine. Knowing we have a place to go is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
are you ready to start popping some beans? and what are those two Needed strains? Hope you get cloning soon.
Rodehazrd is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:38 PM #2026
packerfan79
Senior Member

packerfan79's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,234
packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
are you ready to start popping some beans? and what are those two Needed strains? Hope you get cloning soon.
The 2 strains are Mendobreath, and an og that I can't name. I have a good stash of seeds also.
packerfan79 is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 PM #2027
Fiddynut
Senior Member

Fiddynut's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Six feet under
Posts: 1,552
Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
hahah, oh man, i remember the twist shifters!
never got into them and just stuck with the thumb shifters, its funny how preferences vary from rider to rider
im sure it wont take you long to get used to the new set up and you will be rolling around in no time
is your bike a 1x? where you only have one ring up front and a range of gears in the back
/i was looking at a pic of your new bike and it looks like this is the factory set up
take a little getting used to but this is the direction things seem to be going
/ a lot of my friends run 1x set ups and a few even run single speed
the mrs still keeps a big ring up front so i need the extra gear to keep up with her, but im hoping to transition to a 1x set up one of these days
most quality shocks are air shocks now
you are right that you get more modulation out of them
so it looks like the sativa i was growing was a dud
i let it go much longer than expected and was rewarded with nothing but hemp!
/seriously, i rub the stems and there is no smell at all
it produced a bunch of thin, spindally buds that are near worthless
im cracking some new sativas that i was gifted by our man, p'fan, as we speak and will post up some pics of those babies here soon
the other indica pheno looks and smells great!
a really deep sweet and coffee smell, with a hint of stoney goodness

hope everyone is having a great week

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I learned to ride on twist shift and it was really hard to ride clickers after that. I think what I liked most about twist shift was that when going downhill and approaching a steep climb you could go all the way from the big gear to the small one on the back end, where as clickers you had to cliche through each gear which took too much time and you'd lose momentum up the climb. It looks like the new clickers allow you to drop multiple gears at a time so maybe I will like that better than I use to. I'm going to give the clickers a chance.

Yes the roscoe is a single front cog bike. I've always rode 18 speed set ups with 3 front and 6 rear cogs. It's crazy thay can get 11 speeds all in the back now. I never liked changing front gears, always felt clunky compared to rear gear shifts. As long as it's got a couple climbing gears and a good overdrive and all are well spaced it should be a great set up. I need to spend some time on the bike before I know how much I'll like the set up and new style of things. Unfortunately we are getting more snow today so it might be a while before that happens.

Sorry to hear that the sativa isn't any good. A lot of fun growing from seed but it's got the potential to be disappointing as well. I hope your next ones make up for it. Glad to hear that your indica is doing well. A coffee smelling plant sounds great, and like you said you can always smell that Stoney goodness.

I've got a bit of work to do tonight in the garden and I promise an update and pics by sometime tomorrow. I hope your week is going great too!
Fiddynut is offline Quote


Old 04-19-2018, 03:48 AM #2028
pop_rocks
Senior Member

pop_rocks's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: in my empire of dirt
Posts: 2,898
pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
this week is wrapping up nicely, friend!
tomorrow is thursday and it looks like its just me and the ol'lady this weekend
that means a kick back day on sat and some hiking on sunday
we are still working on the sea to sea trail and are slowly working our way east
that was the same reason my friend gives about using a grip shifter, being able to dump a whole cassette at once
to me thats just asking to drop a chain so i try to avoid switching too many gears
/i tend to ride in one or two gears in back and then just mess with the front ring for climbing/ speed on the flats
like you said fiddy, as long as you have your granny to climb and somethign yuo can spin up to a decent speed, you will be fine
dude, im getting stoked for you and cant wait to hear how you like the new bikes ride
post up a pic or two if you get the chance,brother, especially when you get her in her natural surroundings
yeah its always a crap shoot growing from seed
/my friend was more bumed than i was about the sativa, but those are the breaks
3 plants turned out to be nice, with one being a contender; not too bad from a hand full (about 10) of seeds
i will try and post up some pics here soon

so how is the move coming along p'fan?
do you guys have everything packed and ready to go?
how long before you have to be out of the old place?
sounds like you held on to two winners,brother
so how does the new place scope out as far as growing goes?
hope you guys are all settled in soon and life gets back to normal,my man!
pop_rocks is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 PM #2029
Fiddynut
Senior Member

Fiddynut's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Six feet under
Posts: 1,552
Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
this week is wrapping up nicely, friend!
tomorrow is thursday and it looks like its just me and the ol'lady this weekend
that means a kick back day on sat and some hiking on sunday
we are still working on the sea to sea trail and are slowly working our way east
that was the same reason my friend gives about using a grip shifter, being able to dump a whole cassette at once
to me thats just asking to drop a chain so i try to avoid switching too many gears
/i tend to ride in one or two gears in back and then just mess with the front ring for climbing/ speed on the flats
like you said fiddy, as long as you have your granny to climb and somethign yuo can spin up to a decent speed, you will be fine
dude, im getting stoked for you and cant wait to hear how you like the new bikes ride
post up a pic or two if you get the chance,brother, especially when you get her in her natural surroundings
yeah its always a crap shoot growing from seed
/my friend was more bumed than i was about the sativa, but those are the breaks
3 plants turned out to be nice, with one being a contender; not too bad from a hand full (about 10) of seeds
i will try and post up some pics here soon

so how is the move coming along p'fan?
do you guys have everything packed and ready to go?
how long before you have to be out of the old place?
sounds like you held on to two winners,brother
so how does the new place scope out as far as growing goes?
hope you guys are all settled in soon and life gets back to normal,my man!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

The week is flying by for me brother. It should be nice to get to spend a chill weekend with the lady. Hiking sounds good and some chill time on Saturday sounds good. I'm going to be taking it easy this weekend. It's going to be too muddy with all the snow melting to do anything outside. I found a place to ride my bike but it's 400 miles away in Kentucky, it's an underground system of caves and sounds really cool. The weather can't screw up the riding there haha. I will post up some pics of the bikes as soon as I can get them out of the house.

Yes seed plants are a crap shoot but the reward has been good with most genetics for me. I am about to put the red eye Jedi and GSC into flower and can't wait to see how they do. They are clones of seed plants that I didn't grow out so its a first time with them. You are right that 3 good plants is a great ratio from a few seeds. Post up pics when you can...Fiddy.
Fiddynut is offline Quote


Old 04-19-2018, 10:15 PM #2030
packerfan79
Senior Member

packerfan79's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,234
packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
this week is wrapping up nicely, friend!
tomorrow is thursday and it looks like its just me and the ol'lady this weekend
that means a kick back day on sat and some hiking on sunday
we are still working on the sea to sea trail and are slowly working our way east
that was the same reason my friend gives about using a grip shifter, being able to dump a whole cassette at once
to me thats just asking to drop a chain so i try to avoid switching too many gears
/i tend to ride in one or two gears in back and then just mess with the front ring for climbing/ speed on the flats
like you said fiddy, as long as you have your granny to climb and somethign yuo can spin up to a decent speed, you will be fine
dude, im getting stoked for you and cant wait to hear how you like the new bikes ride
post up a pic or two if you get the chance,brother, especially when you get her in her natural surroundings
yeah its always a crap shoot growing from seed
/my friend was more bumed than i was about the sativa, but those are the breaks
3 plants turned out to be nice, with one being a contender; not too bad from a hand full (about 10) of seeds
i will try and post up some pics here soon

so how is the move coming along p'fan?
do you guys have everything packed and ready to go?
how long before you have to be out of the old place?
sounds like you held on to two winners,brother
so how does the new place scope out as far as growing goes?
hope you guys are all settled in soon and life gets back to normal,my man!
Hey Pop Rocks,
We are signing papers tonight. We are packed and ready to go. We are going to start moving Friday after work. We are doing a walk through Tuesday. I am probably going to scale down the grow. I ran 2x 600 HPS in a 4x4x 8 box befor I built the shed. I am going to make it so I can tear down and roll it out quickly.

It's been a weird couple days. A guy I played football with in high school overdosed Tuesday. The drafter here died yesterday, complications from gallbladder removal. He was about my age.

Hope everyone is having a good a good week, and a great weekend.
packerfan79 is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.

Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:16 PM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.