Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Macgyver Solutions & Attempted Macgyver Solutions

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Macgyver Solutions & Attempted Macgyver Solutions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 04:40 AM #11
Gry
Hash Tea

Gry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant future
VW beetle in the mountains in the winter. Rivet that holds the spring to the arm on the points failed. Was not my vehicle, or there would have been old but still usable sets in the tool box. Ended up using thread from the cuff on the bottom of the leg of a pair of jeans. Was able to lash the spring to arm well enough to get down the road.
Sure used to enjoy reading the smokey yunik stories.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:15 AM #12
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
When my oldest son was just a baby, we were traveling late at night and in the middle of nowhere the car just died. I'm going 55-60 and the engine just shuts off. So there are no houses around, and the only tool I have is a miniature pipe wrench on my keychain, a bic lighter and my (ex) wife has some nail clippers. I'm under the hood with the lighter trying to figure out what's up. It had to be ignition, because there was no sputtering, it just shut off. And then I saw it. The positive wire on the coil was broken. I used the nail clippers to strip the wire, used the little wrench to loosen the nut on the coil and and wrapped the wire around the post, tightened it with the wrench and off we went. I never touched it again.

Cherry Bomb x C99

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius
WelderDan is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:30 AM #13
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Great experience!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 10:23 PM #14
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelderDan View Post
When my oldest son was just a baby, we were traveling late at night and in the middle of nowhere the car just died. I'm going 55-60 and the engine just shuts off. So there are no houses around, and the only tool I have is a miniature pipe wrench on my keychain, a bic lighter and my (ex) wife has some nail clippers. I'm under the hood with the lighter trying to figure out what's up. It had to be ignition, because there was no sputtering, it just shut off. And then I saw it. The positive wire on the coil was broken. I used the nail clippers to strip the wire, used the little wrench to loosen the nut on the coil and and wrapped the wire around the post, tightened it with the wrench and off we went. I never touched it again.
That's why I pay the extra $$ for the AAA "Platinum", the one that gives you a tow range of 200 miles.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 AM #15
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
Yeah but back then you couldn't just call AAA back then.it's nice to have now though for sure
shithawk420 is offline Quote