Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2018, 03:19 PM #721
Biosynthesis

Biosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Mallard View Post
What happened to bio? Haven't seen him around for a while
Still hangin in there. Still gardening as usual. Sorry I dont make it in to share very often Mallard. How have you and all the other farmers Been doing these days? Spring is just arriving and buds are on some of the trees.

Heres some cauliflower I am growing. It is a great climate for cauliflower here in Oregon. These were started last fall and overwintered and are just now resuming growth. I Love cauliflower it is an amazing plant these will explode with growth soon. I just side dressed. To get a 10 or 12 pound cauliflower head they have to be started in the fall and overwintered like this. So these plants are 7 months old. This is a blend of different types of cauliflower so i will have cauliflower for perhaps a period of about 2 months. Most will be pure white but occasionaly a purple shows up. sometimes so dark its almost black.

Biosynthesis is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:14 AM #722
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Protecting my Fruit Trees

Last year I planted about 15 fruit trees, apples pears & plums.

I was busy working on erosion stuff & more focussed on fine sands than on building bigger better fences.

So I watered the fruit trees every single day when it got hot, and the deer stripped every single leaf off, about once a week. All summer long.

I was really pleased that about 2/3 of the non-Jonathan's made it and started putting out shoots a few weeks ago. All the Jonathan's died.

I told myself that the roots were growing even if the tops were being stunted.

Anyway, now I'm putting my energy into making their grow space deer resistant and pig resistant. One of my neighbors leaves his fence gate open and his pigs run around the country road like moving speed bumps. Last time this happened they got into another neighbor's garden. I was going to wire 1 inch diameter tree branches on the bottom area.

I want the chickens to be able to get to the tree ... very symbiotic. They eat worms and poop more fertilizer.

I think if I give them as much TLC this year as I gave my outdoor Pot plants last year, they will do well.

I never got around to posting pics of my 2017 grow. There was a week of rain in August so I put some 6 mil film over the plants and gave them about 4 pounds of CO2 a day, moving in that wind tunnel at about 3 miles per hour.

They kind of seemed to like that.

That nearest plant with the bud pressing into the roof, is a Bay Dream x Apollo 11.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180415_153040_+__.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	452648 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180415_153111_+__.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	452649 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170919_074327_4_Plant_Grow.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	452650
St. Phatty is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:29 PM #723
Biosynthesis

Biosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to all
Been harvesting cauliflower for a few weeks now. Here is a dandy I cut yesterday. I planted several different varieties as to get a larger harvest window.:peac ock:

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:40 PM #724
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynthesis View Post
Still hangin in there. Still gardening as usual. Sorry I dont make it in to share very often Mallard. How have you and all the other farmers Been doing these days? Spring is just arriving and buds are on some of the trees.

Heres some cauliflower I am growing. It is a great climate for cauliflower here in Oregon. These were started last fall and overwintered and are just now resuming growth. I Love cauliflower it is an amazing plant these will explode with growth soon. I just side dressed. To get a 10 or 12 pound cauliflower head they have to be started in the fall and overwintered like this. So these plants are 7 months old. This is a blend of different types of cauliflower so i will have cauliflower for perhaps a period of about 2 months. Most will be pure white but occasionaly a purple shows up. sometimes so dark its almost black.

View Image
damn good caulies mate ,
they sure like your garden ,,

been busy in the garden here ,
got a bit more fruit happening ,
bananas , passionfruit , dragonfruit , etc
im a bit of a fan of fruit trees around the garden ,
i have quite an orchard of them now ....

i still need a few more things ,
maybe some low chill blueberries , some avocado ,
i really want to grow pineapples too ,,
hard to beat walking around browsing on your own fruit i reckon bio ....
Donald Mallard is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 PM #725
Biosynthesis

Have a fewnfruit trees myself. Mostly dwarf and semi dwarf rootstock peaches, necectarines and a few apples. Wish I had room for more.

Yeah I noticed if I gave other things I grow around here just have as much attention as a pot plant it does extremely well.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 AM #726
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Has anyone planted Artichokes before? Hopefully Massachusetts won't be too far north for them. I started them indoors and transplanted them today along with 2 varieties potatoes, parsnips, carrots, pole beans and basil. Keeping it simple this year.

I was doing cleanup this weekend and must have missed the poison ivy. Its all over my face. Can't remember the last time I've had it this bad.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 05-09-2018, 12:57 AM #727
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Getting to be that time of year. Have my starts in the greenhouse. Cold nights, last night 36 so it's open during the day and heat at night.

Here's some squash, cukes, and tomatoes.

Lester Beans is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:56 AM #728
Biosynthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Has anyone planted Artichokes before? Hopefully Massachusetts won't be too far north for them. I started them indoors and transplanted them today along with 2 varieties potatoes, parsnips, carrots, pole beans and basil. Keeping it simple this year.

I was doing cleanup this weekend and must have missed the poison ivy. Its all over my face. Can't remember the last time I've had it this bad.
Artichokes do good in my area and especially like the cool coastal towns. Poison I vy doesnt affect me fortunately.

Lester Beans looks like he is going to have alot of vegetables this year. they look healthy.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:26 AM #729
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
I threw down some used super soil from last year made from mostly promix and there are NO weeds growing in that area, while the organic compost section, weeds are popping up like crazy! I'm going to assume its because the promix is lacking organic material?
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 06-02-2018, 06:53 AM #730
rod58

rod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond repute
my " silver loam " is performing well this year after a few trailer loads of sheep shit ..
rod58 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.