What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aloha White Widow

idiit

Veteran
All head?

imo as good as some of the best landrace sativas. some body but an energeic up high effect. very good potency with good duration of high effects.

Aloha is a seed company?

widow variety but not sure of the heritage. My growing mentor and his partner grew on the big island breeding for 20 yrs and originally started Aloha seed co. They retired out of their thing bout 7-8 years ago and sold the seed company which the headquarters is located in A'dam. The seed for the famous 98 Aloha variety was grown close to them on the big island of Kona and they just sold the seeds for the growers. Words direct from the mans mouth himself. BTW... his partner(and his mentor) drew all the Greatful Dead album covers. He has an original painting hung in his house. Wicked to look into it stoned, especially with the size of it. Said when not tending to all their plants, his partner would be down by his private patch, naked, painting and working on the art design for the albums. Neat to listen to those stories

aww is another great mythos story. who knows actual truth until the original aloha breeders post. good news is that stash actually preserved his old aww beans preserved by the famous jojo ( jojorizo now deceased) and that the "sweet thang" pheno or stuff that is close is available in seed form. most other aww crosses available now are from a aww male that's apparently lost most of his mojo.

Buddle

Veteran
Great information everyone!! Much respect goes to Stash for preserving these and having the sense to think ahead and keep these great beans.

idiit

Veteran
looks like stash was the only one (posting) that preserved aww.

now he has the beans. could be a legacy money maker for him

I've got aww sweet thang leaning pheno clones indoor and outdoors aww 'st' /Malawi gold, aww 'st'/ frosty purple haze leaning pheno (dr. gt) and the turbo booster santa maria sativa dom/aww male.

i'm in the hot humid se usa and these conditions will severely test aww's bud rot resistance.

aww is the most exciting strain I've come across for hybrids with wispy landrace sativas for commercial grows. the only question left to be determined by field performance in my adverse outdoor growing conditions for tight indica nugs is her ability to perform in hot humid conditions.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look what the cat dragged in...

Look what the cat dragged in...

Patiently waiting for tropical storm Darby to pass.
And then waiting for Green Harvest to do their thing...

Then I am dropping these. Looking forward too seeing what pokes up.

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
Nice greyskull!!!!!!
Good luck with them, keep us in the loop.
I ran armed widow years back, I'm pretty sure it was aloha ww x ak47.
It was some of the strongest stuff around then, too bad I was young and foolish and tossed her. I never saw it again.
I've searched thru a lot of white widow beans to find some killer shit, but never had any luck.

Aloha IC 'Ohana! (greetings IC family)

ICmag is a wonderful platform for allowing the truth to rise to the top, the proverbial cream of the crop ;-)

Before attempting to speak on da underground Hawaiian Pakalōlō culture you must understand that Hawai'i is like no place else on the entire planet Earth.

While many locations around the globe unfortunately still have to live in fear of law enforcement breaking their doors down and violating their Akua given right to peace for growing or possessing a sacred medicinal plant utilized by humanity for over 10,000 years , only in Hawai'i do we have Operation Green Harvest, a collection of DEA and local law enforcement prowling the skies of Hawai'i, hovering mere feet above Hawaiian homes, terrifying 'Ohana (families) regardless of if they are growing Pakalōlō or not. Armed gunmen looking in your windows, flying over your hale (house) and violating your privacy far beyond what any human being could possibly believe is decent.

Imagine it, if you even can!

Green Harvest has lost funding multiple times and then used private investments to fund their dirty operation!?!

Why would they do that unless it is a business that they profit from?

One could go off on Green Harvest injustice for pages and pages, but that is for another thread ;-)

Suffice it to say we deal with a much more intense Pakalōlō eradication program than most places in the world.

Another cultural factor that makes Hawai'i unique is how distrustful of outsiders, foreigners or haoles (the Hawaiian word for foreigners) local people are. If you do not believe me go to a Native American reservation and see how quickly you can get in wit da locals. The Hawaiian Kingdom was illegally annexed in 1893 by foreigners

(here is a link where you can learn more about this part of our history:

http://www.hawaiiankingdom.org/us-occupation.shtml ).

Hawai'i 'Ohana are very distrustful and cautious of foreigners to say the very least.

Contrary to popular belief, Hawai'i is NOT a racist place.

People of all nationalities from all around the globe are welcomed with Aloha and accepted as 'Ohana (family) here. Hānai 'Ohana means family who has no blood relation, related by love not blood, Bradda from anadda Madda, Sista from anadda Mista ect. You do not have to be of any particular blood line, have the same skin color to be accepted in Hawai'i (even our license plates have a rainbow on them, We are da Rainbow Country), but you do have to have one thing:

ALOHA!

We are not here to talk about White Widow from Amsterdam (which is absolutely amazing and has won countless awards over the years as a result) we are not her to talk about Widow x Skunk crosses (except to debunk their ability to be accurately classified as "Aloha White Widow") We are here to talk about da legendary and quite alive to this day (Mahalo to all da Big Island 'Ohana who have kept these epic cuttings going and flowing for almost two decades now), '98 Aloha White Widow!

If you have made it this far through this post then you deserve the truth.

Not another seed salesperson pitch, THE TRUTH!

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

As one of our highly recommended attorneys from the island of O'ahu, a true freedom fighter, Hawai'i medical marijuana advocate and Hānai 'Ohana; Joseph T. Rosenbaum always says:

"We love the truth".

The truth has a certain distinguishable ring to it emitting vibrations that easily permeate lies shattering false barriers, evaporating the ability of a lie to soak our psyche like fresh morning dew exposed to blazing hot tropical sunlight in Hawai', the sound of the liberty bell reverberating through our collective consciousness.

While Jack Nicholson may not believe you can handle the truth, Pua Mana 'Ohana knows we can handle the truth and passionately believe we not only can handle the truth but we deserve the truth.

What mo' betta' place than ICmag to finally free up the truth ;-)

(anyone getting impatient yet?...we have waited decades for the truth about '98 Aloha White Widow to surface online... whats a few mo' paragraphs and quotes ;-)

In 1998 on da Big Island of Hawai'i a new contender in da Pakalōlō Kingdom arrived ready to strut her stuff and put many other strains to shame with her frosty crystal coated game.

Growers in Hawai'i had been under siege from Operation Green Harvest Pakalōlō eradication efforts for two decades by 1998 and unfortunately for Hawaiian Pakalōlō and da Hawai'i 'Ohana who lovingly cultivate it, their efforts were remarkably successful.

Hawai'i growers no longer could grow a field of Pakalōlō gratefully soaking up full Hawai'i sun, we had to hide in da bush and we had to find strains that could successfully camouflage in da diverse tropical Hawaiian flora.

Growing in da bush with Green Harvest Helicopters directly overhead here in Hawai'i presents a unique set of challenges and difficulties.

You must find Pakalōlō strains that are small and compact, mold resistant due to high humidity and moisture in da bush that accumulates more rapidly than if you could grow freely in full sun.

Most Hawaiian Pakalōlō strains are famed for their massive sweet stanky yields, as many Hawaiian strains lean Sativa and get very large.

Kona Gold is absolutely massive and can be a serious hassle growing indoors as you need a indoor amphitheater or domed football stadium to contain her ridiculous growth.

Perhaps the Roman Pantheon would have enough head room for Kona Gold to fully develop indoors. ;-)

A good way to identify real Hawaiian Landrace Kona Gold is her root system. Kona is da windward dry sunny side of da Big Island consisting of a absolutely gorgeous landscape; the most crystal clear blue water you have ever set eyes upon, stunning beaches like Kua Bay, Makalawena , Ho'okena, Honaunau, Spencer Beach Park, Magic Sands and Hapuna to name a few, another unique part of Kona side's natural beauty and allure is the many different stages of Pahoehoe and 'A'a lava flows. The roots of Kona Gold must travel deep beneath the surface and maneuver their way down through lava rock to find fresh springs and aquifer below.

If you are growing Kona Gold her root system will quickly fill any size pot and if there are drainage holes in your pots you will see roots climbing through searching for water to guzzle as she grows even mo' massive by the second.

So much Kona Gold was un-righteously confiscated by Green Harvest that many local people under 40 in Kona have never even even sampled her heavy heady Hawaiian high and some even believe it is a myth like many of our other genetics lost in time. Many myths and stories originate from a fact distorted over time, retold differently by each generation like a game of telephone passed down over the years.

Kona Gold is no myth and neither is '98 Aloha White Widow, though they are both legendary and rightfully so due to their devastating effects and unique flavors.

As we all realized that we could no longer grow large Hawaiian sativa strains outdoor the search intensified for da strains we could get away with growing.

Many times in life what you are searching for will arrive at your door when you least expect it.

Enter da '98 Aloha White Widow!

A cannabis enthusiast from Canada was visiting Hawai'i and had brought some seeds to barter and trade for some Hawaiian strains. As we say on Big Island: Big island, small World.

Seek and ye shall find, this stoner from Canada met da right people (perhaps in part because of da potent Pakalōlō brought to share) at da right time and facilitated the birth of a legend.

Seeds have been a universal currency for as long as human beings have walked the Earth.

An exchange was made, Hawaiian landrace strains for some of the ultra dank this Canadian traveler had brought to the table. You may want to think twice before doubting the authenticity of some Hawaiian strains from Canada, as we know for a fact Hawaiian genetics made their journey back to Canada, just as we know for a fact da White Widow genetics Hawai'i received are still circulating around da Big Island, the Hawaiian island chain as well as the cutting that have made the journey around the world with people who visited Hawai'i and brought a little Aloha home with them.

While it may be Kapu (forbidden) to take lava rock home with you from Hawai'i, just ask any person who has returned the offending lava rock to Hawai'i and place it at Pele, the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess's feet with apologies and humility.

Bringing Hawaiian genetics home not discouraged, quite to the contrary, it is encouraged!

As anyone who is truly involved in da Hawaiian Pakalōlō preservation movement knows, our community is all about sharing and building with each other, not hording cuts and claiming false status due to your possession of a plant that we know is a gift from Ke Akua (God) as it has been given to humanity as a gift, so shall we share this gift with our fellow humans.

The sharing of Pakalōlō genetics is one of the main reasons the cannabis community has been able to evolve to such a place that we are baffling anti-Pakalōlō "scientists" and brainwashed ignorant doubters as we can finally prove what we have known for Hanauna (generations), Pakalōlō is a medicine for EVERYTHING!

Seeds were sprouted and cuttings of each different White Widow phenotype were passed around the Big Island of Hawai'i freely in our community.

There are 3 prominent phenos you will see with true '98 Aloha Widow cuttings:

1: Candy Widz or Sweet Thang '98 Aloha White Widow as she is affectionately referred to, is light green completely frosted up da stem down da leaves off da dome ("nothing but net" as Michael Jordan would say ;-).

All up side down side inside out side of every 'ono (delicious) nug!

With a slight Sativa influence Candy Widz is so strong you may forget what century it is and anxiously look around the tropical Hawaiian landscape in fear of running into hungry dinosaurs and rival cave man tribes seeking to bash you with a club in order to come up on the wheel you just invented. by the time you realize Barney, Dino and Bam-Bam are all a figment of your mightily medicated imagination, hours have passed and you have slipped into the easy relaxed Big Island vibe where the Aloha Spirit and Big Island Love trumps hate every time.

2: Dirty Widz, Puna Widow or Death Widz as she has respectfully been dubbed by Big Island 'Ohana who have been cultivating her for two decades now.

A darker shade and a heavier stone that makes your soul tremble to accept the next hit of da doobie going round, battling the uncontrollable desire to taste her dank musky diesel smoke once more as you exhale yourself to never-never land.

Dirty Widz thrives outdoors as she has acclimatized after almost 200 seasons being grown in the Puna District of da Big island of Hawai'i.

(There are 3 growing seasons year round here in Hawai'i, 2 short seasons and a long season)

A serious pain killer, mood enhancer and all around go to strain for whatever ails you, '98 Aloha White Widow Dirty Widz is as rugged and raw as a freestyle rap from Old Dirty Bastard (Representin In Paradise) of da Wu Tang Clan.

3. Garlic Widz, Garlic Buddaz or Garlicz is perhaps one of the most amazing cuttings on da planet Earth!

Preserved and protected by da South Kona 'Ohana who originated da '98 Aloha White Widow project and shared their HI THC findings with 'Ohana all throughout da Hawaiian island chain and around da globe.

Garlicz has a strong aroma of skunky garlic and tastes like a piece of garlic bread covered in ganja butter!

A heavy heady Indica leaning pheno of '98 Aloha White Widow Garlicz is da mos rare and most sought after cut of da Widz for those who know dakine.

Besides the phenotype differences that may have arisen due to sister seeds from da same batch, all 3 phenos also changed and adapted to the specific region on Big Island where they were cultivated.

Da South Kona 'Ohana kept da Garlic Widz cuts close to da chest, and can only be found within da tight knit South Kona Pakalōlō 'Ohana that has produced some of the best Pakalōlō growers on da planet!

South Kona is a community where the Aloha Spirit permeates every living creature and Big Island Love is much more than just a bumper sticker. 'Ohana all over da Big I are some of da most loving people on da planet, but South Kona 'Ohana have Big Island love down to a science, right along side with their superior Pakalōlō cultivation skills.

Candy Widz was grown in North Kona, South Kona, Kohala, Kau and Hawi on da Kona side of da Big I. With more sunshine available to her than her sister Dirty Widz in sunny Kona as opposed to da more cloudy and rainy Puna/Hilo side, she changed and evolved into a magnificent masterpiece.

Candy Widz can also be found Puna Side but she is grown indoor over there more often as she is not as resilient in the rain as her Punatic sister Dirty Widz.

Dirty Widz was da cut dat made da Huaka'i (journey) to Puna side and was embraced by Punatics who love nothing more than good strong Pakalōlō. She adapted to her environment and thrived! Right up there with Puna Buddaz when it comes to mold resistance which is quite remarkable considering Puna Buddaz has been around for centuries and da Widz has been in Hawai'i just shy of twenty years.

It is still unclear if da Dirty Widz and da Candy Widz are from different seeds started or if the differences are due to genetic divergence as they are so similar in so many ways.

Genetic divergence is the process in which two or more populations of an ancestral species accumulate independent genetic changes (mutations) over the years, often after the populations have become re-productively isolated for some period of time.

We do know Garlic Widz is from a different seed sprouted from da same '98 batch of Widow seeds. Garlicz Indica qualities are so prominent one could mistake it for a different strain than traditional '98 Aloha White Widow who leans a bit to da Sativa side.

As for Aloha Seeds in Amsterdam, this thread is da 1st time we have ever even heard of that company.

There is not much info online about them that we found in our initial google search, but one page claims they were started in 2003, 5 years after 1998. They may have obtained the cut from Big I and jet to Amsterdam to make their fortune, but a part of their description betrays the fact that Aloha seeds is a hybrid of '98 Aloha White Widow, not a S1 feminized version of da cutting.

"Our Aloha White Widow is a stabilised hybrid based upon carefully selected plants from early versions of the Aloha lines. We have carefully selected plant during inbreeding that are at the most extreme of the potency potential of this famous version of the White Widow. In our opinon, Aloha's lines represent the best of the 'White Widow' types that have come to market. Inbreeding multiple males to highly selected females we have focused on the sweeter plants in the genepool and this line carries a unique sweet flavour over a acrid almost fuel base".

Two word in their description that raise eye brows higher than Mr. Spock brow while taking bong hits and arguing with illogical humans, HYBRID and MALE.

As IC member Idiit so eloquently put it:

"we all know you can't offer regular seeds from a pure clone only cut. ;-) "

Sorry bra, no can cuz!

We would not doubt they got their hands on a cut and bred it with "multiple males" from Amsterdam and then released HYBRID Aloha White Widow seeds. They may be great breeders who stabilized their new HYBRID version, but there are no male '98 Aloha White Widow seeds or cuttings.

The males were all culled in '98 before a single bud was harvested.

They would not be the first to get their hands on another growers strain and claim it as their own building an entire business around other growers work.

The naked hippy on da beach part in this thread sounds pretty legit, plenty hippy growers on Big I, plenty Grateful Dead 'Ohana as well. Kona Gold was one of Jerry Garcia's favorite strains, our 'Ohana would make sure to have abundant amounts cured to perfection in jars stashed for Jerry when he would visit Kona.

As we said this thread is da 1st time we ever even heard of Aloha Seeds, and talking about people we do not know is not the righteous path.

Talking about '98 Aloha White Widow, a strain we have known and loved for two decades is another story.

THERE ARE NO AUTHENTIC MALE '98 ALOHA WHITE WIDOW CUTS OR SEEDS!

A HYBRID Aloha Widow back cross with a cut x male Amsterdam Widow, sure, but '98 Aloha White Widow is a cut ONLY strain originating from White Widow seeds popped by Big Island 'Ohana in 1998.

We experimented feminizing a Dirty a Candy Widz cut of '98 Aloha White Widow in 2012 to create our 1st S1 stock but when growing out da s1 offspring we still found phenos that brought out genetic traits from further generations past.

Most reflected their '98 Aloha White Widow Mothers with stunning accuracy, but when creating S1 stock there is no guarantee that the offspring will directly reflect the Mothers genetics without bringing out parentage traits from prior generations.

Therefor the only way to say for sure you have a true '98 Aloha White Widow pheno of the Candy Widz, Dirty Widz or Garlic Widz is to acquire a cutting.

Even with our S1 seeds created from the Dirty Widz and Candy Widz we found new phenos, you can get very close but a clone is the only true genetic match.

We intend to work with '98 Aloha White Widow further by back crossing S1 offspring that we feminize back into the original '98 Aloha White Widow Mother cuts to stabilize and bring forth the cuts best traits.

It may be a few before we have the resources to work on every project we want to as soon as we want to, as most of our growers are focusing on creating seed stock for Kona Gold, Maui Wowie and our other Hawaiian landrace genetics currently, some of whom are a frosty hair away from extinction.

At this point da Widz are scheduled for our 2017 releases but Mahalo to our mainland 'Ohana with dispensaries (Amazon Organics, Telluride Green Room, Columbia City Holistic Health and our Kona 'Ohana at Pakalōlō Supply Co. ,who have provided a legal way for us to get our seeds out to patients who need da medicinal properties that only Hawaiian Pakalōlō can provide, you will be seeing Pua Mana 'Ohana coming soon to a dispensary near you.

No worriez though, rest assured Pua Mana 'Ohana will be releasing S1 feminized '98 Aloha White Widow seeds and we will free them up to anyone who would like to grow this amazingly potent, succulent sweet sticky legend hailing from da Big Island of Hawai'i.

We are working on organizing a seed giveaway to get Hawaiian genetics to patients in Hawai'i as da legislature introduced by da monopoly man here in Hawai'i restricts patients from even sharing Pakalōlō between patients without a caregivers card, which they are trying to take away along with home grows under the false assumption that we will be forced in to the dispensaries awarded to the chosen few who already had a million in da bank to start with, but that is another story.

For those of you searching for '98 Aloha White Widow, you have chosen wisely. She is so powerful that she almost assisted Green Harvest in their genocide of Hawaiian Pakalōlō, and after almost 20 years she has almost met all of the qualifications to become a Hawaiian landrace.

A big reason no other White Widow is quite like her is that she has assimilated into Hawaiian culture, acclimatizing to our environment and lacing the lungs of local people with her pungent tasty smoke for long enough to be accepted into our society.

While '98 Aloha White Widow may originate from outside of the Hawaiian island chain, like many of our other favorite plants animals and people here in Hawai'i, she is Hawaiian now (even if only Hānai 'Ohana) and she has most definitely earned the name Aloha.

Aloha a hui hou,
Pua Mana 'Ohana

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My source of the jojorizo AWW says he has the original overgrow/c-bay listing/description on a CPU in storage.
I think it'll be interesting to read thru.

A friend of mine stays in Oceanview, and has been there since 89/90. He claims to know of the sweet thang. Also said the male selection from the guy doing the breeding was poor and ruined the line. He mentioned hermied more than a few times.

I've got a few buddies in Puna that run a lot of Death... I'll have to ask what they know about it origin wise. If they even know right Hahahaha

I'm pretty sure the seeds I have just dumped into cups of dirt are M/F...
Which would jive w the story of the GHS widow cutting being pollinated by that Skunk male to create the 'aloha seed co version'... Which jojorizo got ahold of and then inbred and hybridized??? Maybe haha

Cmon good plants! No whammies.

Shootz

True dat Bradda Grey Skull ;-)

If your 'Ohana in Puna has a cut of Death it is most likely da '98 Aloha White Widow Dirty Widz cut. If can get dat shit! You can recognize her by her diesel stank, even inside a back pack in a turkey bag triple wrapped kine. Dirty Widz smells like a skunk just ate a pound of widz and farted ;-)

Also she has a darker green disposition than Candy Widz and can sometimes even be on the market fluffy and wispy if da grower does not let her fully mature.

She will keep getting you blazed long after you would have already built up a tolerance to most strains, almost two decades and counting longer so far...;-)

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will give Bradda a buzz and see what's shaking with his indoor action.

Btw, I did not mention earlier, the seeds I have begun sprouting were made by jojorizo and purchased off overgrow/c-bay back way back when. My source has the listing saved on an old CPU that's in storage - I'm interested in reading thru it.

Shootz

Shootz 'Ohana, we would love to give it a read.

Good luck with da seeds! Overgrow is solid no doubt. Every seed contains the potential to be da next cut of da decade with it's own crazy legend surrounding it's origins ;-)

Aloha a hui hou!!

idiit

Veteran
PuaManaOhana , great to have you on board. when you get to 50 posts your friends ( and trolls) can pm you and this is often the start of some interesting conversations, etc...

Also said the male selection from the guy doing the breeding was poor and ruined the line. He mentioned hermied more than a few times.

^ what i've repeatedly been posting. that worn out male ruined the rep of the aww potential.

PuaManaOhana , great to have you on board. when you get to 50 posts your friends ( and trolls) can pm you and this is often the start of some interesting conversations, etc...

^ what i've repeatedly been posting. that worn out male ruined the rep of the aww potential.

Mahalo nui loa (Thank you very much) @idiit for da welcome!

IC mag is an epic forum we have been readers for years. Mahalo Ke Akua (Thank God) da inevitable re-legalization of Pakalōlō is just over da horizon, many of our more cautious 'Ohana are just now starting to venture online and are ready to share the wealth of knowledge.

Some old school 'Ohana wont even allow cameras or cell phones near their grow. This caution may be the reason you see so few pics of '98 Aloha White Widow online. Safety 1st ;-)

Speaking of trolls we read one of da most hilarious threads here, it was a massive wolf ticket some faka was trying to sell about a '86 Crippy cut with a birthmark on it?!?!?!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....oh shit....hahahahahaha...ha....ha ;-)

Da IC mag 'Ohana sure knows how to stop drop shut'm down open up shop on a perpetrator.

We are honored to be part of da IC 'Ohana and look forward to many more Great reads and conversations in da future.

Aloha a hui hou 'Ohana (farewell til we meet again family)

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here is a the original listing of the Aloha White Widow as posted by Jojorizo (rip).

F-freaking-4!!!

I have plants starting to break ground....

Aloha

oldhaole

Veteran
Not on topic, but not off....

Here are a couple of shots of the Original White Widow. This was grown six years back.

picture.php

picture.php

neongreen

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68577&pictureid=1635227&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Here is a the original listing of the Aloha White Widow as posted by Jojorizo (rip).

F-freaking-4!!!

I have plants starting to break ground....

Aloha

Just noticed at the top of your pic there's a snippet of the SD x CL description. I don't suppose you (or anyone else) here grew that one out? I heard good things about it, and hopefully one day soon the pack I have saved will get a repro, but it would certainly get a push up the queue if I heard anything else good about it!

Nice to see the AWW get a grow, and hopefully F5s will follow ;)

:tiphat: