What's new

Turkish landrace ??

chizzleonetime

i have just got back from turkey (konya & istanbul) and while i was in konya i bought a half pound of green that was pretty seedy but generally nice thai aroma and instant dreamy high i picked out roughly 1000-2000 seeds to take back (seeds are legal in uk)and had to give literally 5 ounces away before i left because i was paranoid about customs considering i already had 30 butterfly knifes in my case lol annnyway was wondering about flowering times ? and also all the seeds are diffrent shapes and sizes why is this? i was thinkin because the weed that i bought may have come off a few diffrent plants , also i have contacted a friend i made well i was there to see if he will hold back seeds for me just incase their anygood ,, right now i know someone's gotta know something the about turkish landrace? also have tested germ rates and got 9/10

fortragni

merhaba chizzle nasilsiniz? i'm interested in turkish landraces as well and hope somebody has something to say

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

I dont more about the Turkish landrace than you can read on the other forum we have met.

Hmm... What size were the buds that you received in Turkey? Maybe you can conclude are they autoflowers from the budsize... (<-far shot) However, you have germed nine seeds so you gonna find out it soon and hopefully you let us in ic now it too, ok?

How was the high of the herb you received?

Take care!!!

Last edited:

skar

Hi,

after a few searchs, they aren't a lot of info on turkish landrace's, if "landrace's" is appropriate.

Turkish strains, by the infos i've readed, were taken from asia for haschish production in turkey some CENTURY'S (thx guy) ago. So they are many chance to be a lot of indica genes in there.

But, with the relative proximity of turkey and asian country's, it can have some asian sativa's too in the pool.

chizleonetime> the smoke remind you of a sativa, but what about the look of the buds ?
does they looks 100% sativa's ?

Last edited:
skar,

Some decades ago ?? In Turkey Cannabis for hashish production has been grown for centuries.But not these days...

Turkish hash plants, are low-THC and have a early harvest.

chizzleonetime

the high wasnt the strongest was midgrade but when smokin a bigger blunt made my eyes droop indica style the high was mostly in the head buds were pretty small hardly any hairs but overall ws a nice pleasant change

skar

jimmyeat> sorry, i'm french and make a confusion with decade/centuries. "depuis des siècles" in french, sorry man ;)

chizzle> ok, so they probably came from hasch production plants, but this hasch production plants were taked from where ? afghani, pakistani, india ?

i would like to know if somebody got greats infos.

+++

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Turkey is such a crossroads country it could be anyone's guess. The thai-like odor and the fact that is was grown for flower production as opposed to hash is a good sign that you have some seeds for something pretty good quality. If I had to guess I'd say it would bear some resemblance to a good quality lebanese and would say somewhere in the 10-11 week range as far as flowering time. However, since it is an outdoor line, indoor flowering times may vary from plant to plant. It really could be descended from such a wide array of regions, or any mix thereof. It is hard to say. Especially considering that you don't know where it was originally grown. What do the flowers look like after they were separated and what do the seeds look like?

chizzleonetime

the high was strange ive never smoked a sativa that made my eyes droop instantly like that with mostly cerebral effects didnt feel sleepy at all,
'Turkish hash plants, are low-THC and have a early harvest'
i think this depends on which region the green is grown in turkey has many diffrent climates and weed has been grown there for a long time from what ive heard god knows, ive got plenty of seeds to dabble with so i will find out quick enough ive handed out a good hundred seeds to friends so will find out what phenos there are soon because between me and my mates we will be growing out about 40 50 for now
so in a month or so i should be able to identify pheno's
chizleonetime> the smoke remind you of a sativa, but what about the look of the buds ?
does they looks 100% sativa's ?
i couldnt tell because it was mostly powder
fortragni<< 'merhaba chizzle nasilsiniz' sorry man only words i learned while i was there was kubar=hash and argile = hubbly bubbly/hookah and thats about it lol i made a good friend while i was there very quick and he sorted most negotiating for me while i was there had a great experience with him when i first met irfan he was sat near me in a park he asked me for a light and offered me a cig when i gave him one which made me feel relaxed with him so after a bit of friendly talk i asked him if he could get 'kubar' hash he said ok and texted a guy on his phone the guy come red eyed to fuck and wandered off with my guy to get sum while i waited about an hour then irfan explained that he couldnt get none off the street in konya because no who has some was about and said if i wanted some then come with him to his neighbourhood so we got a bus (he paid me on and supplyed me with cigs the whole time ) 30 mins into journey i got paranoid thinking i was gettin takin to get mugged but something about irfans eyes when i spoke 2 him told me he was safe so i stayed on bus got of in what i can only describe as a ghetto ( i have lived in sum of englands worst areas moss side , salford , hackney etc nut compared to this place they are like monaco) we walked round for about 10 mins asking kids ( people he knew who were representing dealers)if they had hash but none did apparently there had been a drought for a couiple of days so after going to a few diff dealers we settled on the green i got 9 ounces for 250 turkish lira (roughly about 70 pound 140 us dollars) then he took me to see some of his friends for a smoke he took me to a cave that was hard to get too ( i thought i was gonna get murdered at this point but something in my head told me to trust him) we got in this lil black cave and five of his friends were already there (one was stoned asleep on a mattresswhich made me laugh ) with a gravity bong set up , at first they were all ok with me but one was staring at me so i kept starin back inbetween bowls all this time his friends were arguin so i thought wtf they arguin bout(round about this time i found a used 9mm bullet on floor which shit me up) until i heard americano which made me realise they thought i was american so i got up and shouted fuck america fuck president bush im english to save my skin and after that they all seemed to buzz off me shook all their hands when i got off then headed back to konya centre ,b4 i left irfan i tried to give him roughly about 5 ounces for his trouble because i was only there for 5 days and only bought so much because it was cheap and i wanted all the seeds so i deseeded the 5 i was tryin to give him which took about two hours lol then literally had to stuff the weed in his pockets for him to take it , soon as he realised i wasnt leaving till he took it he said im his best friend and gave me a hug and his number before parted ways , this was one of the most amazing experiences in my life and probably the most genuine person i have ever met

chizzleonetime

'Turkey is such a crossroads country it could be anyone's guess. The thai-like odor and the fact that is was grown for flower production as opposed to hash is a good sign that you have some seeds for something pretty good quality. If I had to guess I'd say it would bear some resemblance to a good quality lebanese and would say somewhere in the 10-11 week range as far as flowering time.'
thanks zam for the info im gonna grow them in my yard in tiny pots to trigger flowering, the weird thing is the seeds are all diff sizes but most have a pale greyish colour and are very veiny some of the seeds are collosal and some are tiny which makes me think the weed come of many diff plants beacause it was mostly powder with the odd literally microscopic nug there wasnt much twig though
ps ill take a picture of a load in about ten mins and upload em for use all to see!

Last edited:

chizzleonetime

heres a pic of the beans for you zamalito whatcha think ? never seen such variety from one sack of weed in my life which makes me think i may get auto flowerers indica and sativa or that this strain is very wild

fortragni

turks are crazy but have always IME been very hospitable and nice. glad to read you had a good time over there and met some good fellow stoners in turkey. hey man, they might not have been talking bad about you, i would be a little paranoid too if a friend of mine brought an utter foreigner to where me and a bunch of other people were smokin ganj. cheers

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I don´t remember bad,R.C. Clarke said that the CBD:THC of turkish hash varies from 4:1 to 1:4 ? :D

chizzleonetime

right out of the 8 i started germing 4 have have got tails cant really see 2 of them but considering my mate has already germed about 20 n got bout 18 2 germ im just gonna put them all in pots now! more pics when ive got plants

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

This is definitely going to be interesting project Chizzle! Like Zam said ^^^ Turkey is such a crossroads country, so you can end up with many different strains... That would be very helpful if you had info which are the plants were grown, then we could make more accurate suggestion are they indica or sativa based on climate of different areas!!!!

l33t

Veteran
Interesting thread, I d love to see how those landrace beans turn out!

I remember a thread on CW a long time ago on seed size/look.
The conclusion was that pure sativas usually have no stripes/dots on the seed , its usually constant color over the entire seed surface .I have limited experience with different types of landrace seeds so I dont know if this is true or not...

Anyway what I know is that turkish cannabis is mostly hashplants with stony/narcotic high profile, usually fast flowering indicas or ind dominant .Like others said the sample you got could be well from sativas
(as lots of different asian genes have been brought n grown in Turkey) but thats just speculations at the moment.So good luck with em:)
I ll grab a chair n see how these turn out!:lurk:

Keep u updated :)

Last edited:

chizzleonetime

'I remember a thread on CW a long time ago on seed size/look.
The conclusion was that pure sativas usually have no stripes/dots on the seed , its usually constant color over the entire seed surface '
hopefully this is true because not 1 seed has stripes they are all pale brown /cream, and if they are sativas it wouldnt surprise me because all the area around konya where the weed was bought is farm land it took about 45 mins on the train (16 hours from istanbul lol nearly killed me but thats another story) from the start of konya to the centre and up until i got within a minute of the centre all the land was lush farmland , hills and forests for as far as i could see and konya is quite temperate
thanks for the info guys !

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Ok, I checked from the map where Konya is located and saw it´s in the mountanous area. Because of the location my quess is that them seeds are indica or they might have indica & sativa in them.

^^^ Thats enough quessing, you/we are going to see in the next weeks what are those beans made of! I hope for you that they are Turkish sativa because it gives you so lovely effects, peace out!!!

chizzleonetime

cant wait to see how they turn out , ive put two seeds in my backyard clay soil 2 in compost and 4 in coco to compare ill put some photos up in a week when they are above ground