What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would an electric shock harm a plant?

Spaventa

Veteran
I mean one just strong enough to cause cardiac arrest in pests.
since plants don’t have hearts, could they handle a powerful hit if it was momentarily?
Could you taser a plant and kill just the pests?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trees survive lightning strikes.

Try it & share your results.

I would imagine that there are way better way to use that energy though.
Nicola Tesla was definitely on to something when he was exploring various frequencies.

I’ve read another author that used frequency & light to attract moths to their demise (think bug zapper). Believe his name was Callaham but my library is put up due to a move so can’t check.

Like a moth to a flame,
Frequencies can attract many critters to do/perform many strange things.

Spaventa

Veteran
Trees survive lightning strikes.

Try it & share your results.

I would imagine that there are way better way to use that energy though.
Nicola Tesla was definitely on to something when he was exploring various frequencies.

I’ve read another author that used frequency & light to attract moths to their demise (think bug zapper). Believe his name was Callaham but my library is put up due to a move so can’t check.

Like a moth to a flame,
Frequencies can attract many critters to do/perform many strange things.

Yes this is probably a better strategy. I like the idea of making them leave voluntarily. One of the last tv programs i ever watched was following pest controllers about their business ridding peoples homes of cockroaches. They just brought industrial heaters, opened all the windows and doors and blasted the heaters till the house was hot as hell. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but a cockroach exodus shortly followed. Eviction has to be better for karma than mass murder.

I will look up that stuff you mentioned at some point, cheers :)

Definitely hit a plant or five with an electronic fly swatter. Didn't seem to do anything mostly cause it was a short time of contact, but if you think about how roots pick up the large majority of nutrients in ionic form, which is a form of electrical potential energy. Shocking it most likely polarizes plants for an instant. Idk if it would be positive or negative polarization, but I'm sure it either increases or decreases certion ionic uptake rates for a split second

Yes this is probably a better strategy. I like the idea of making them leave voluntarily. One of the last tv programs i ever watched was following pest controllers about their business ridding peoples homes of cockroaches. They just brought industrial heaters, opened all the windows and doors and blasted the heaters till the house was hot as hell. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but a cockroach exodus shortly followed. Eviction has to be better for karma than mass murder.

I will look up that stuff you mentioned at some point, cheers :)

Hahahaha they do that so the surrounding businesses will need their services. Karma technically isn't real.

Spaventa

Veteran
Increasing nutrient uptake with electricity is one step away from the Frankenstein jumpstarting a dead guy lol That whole idea reminded of something I read about Bruce Lee. He gave himself some kind of shock therapy that he claimed sped up his reactions and reflexes. It looked like those scam ab workout gadgets but Im don't know what voltage Bruce ran.
I thin electricity plays one of the biggest parts in how everything works though.
Wouldn't it be cool though if we found a 9v battery with its terminals against the stem made a plant grow faster :)

herbgreen

Veteran
The Secret Life of Plants movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWcVnMPChM

I read the Peter Tompkins book growing up...its a trip

An interesting introduction to plant consciousness

I remember they hook plants to some sort of electrophysiological monitoring in the this movie

Electricity may be stimulating to plants I'm sure someone has done it and lightning does it all the time through root systems

Edward Crab

Hahahaha they do that so the surrounding businesses will need their services. Karma technically isn't real.

Techhically there's no way of knowing wether 'karma' is real or not. Everything we do have an impact on the rest if reality and some way or another it MIGHT come back to you sooner or later, or not. But to certainly assess it as false is a matter of belief and certainly nit a fact.

hoki2test

Veteran
The Effect of a Direct Electric Current

The Effect of a Direct Electric Current

The Effect of a Direct Electric Current of Very Low Intensity on the Rate of Growth of the Coleoptile of Barley
https://www.jstor.org/stable/81038?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

This is a real old Journal Article bro and maybe way outdated...im sure I read a old book on Cannabis that mentioned weak electric current thru soil caused faster growth but too much stunned the plant...interesting anyways bro

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/10/e1501136

"We report analog and digital organic electronic circuits and devices manufactured in living plants."

This team has made plants absorb materials into the xylem and mesophylls which later hardened into plastic conductive wire. The wire and circuitry allowed them make the leaves lighter and darker at will. Supposing you had an entire plant wired up, mites (in this instance, let's say) would hate the brighter parts and be compelled to move along.