What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD is great for cannabis withdrawal

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

I quit THC 3 days ago(tolerance break) and since then, I have been vaping small amounts of cbd.

Always when I start sweating and feeling angry, nervous and anxious, i take 5-10 hits and then I am good for one or two hours. It also helps me concentrate.

The only downside is that cbd does not help with sleep for me but it keeps me normal during my withdrawal.

This is a great way of quitting THC without feeling like shit :), I am a real heavy smoker and vaper and this is the first time I take a break without feeling like killing something :). I only start feeling withdrawal symptoms after a few hours without CBD (and they are quite heavy).

THC123

Veteran
I also slept like a baby on the second day of quitting weed, this is something I never experienced.

The CBD doesnt make me sleepy but it takes away stress in the head and calms me down so I can sleep good.

One thing I notice is that I still don't remember dreams. Normally when I quit weed, I have vivid dreams. Could the CBD be responsible for that?

Betterhaff

Veteran
I can’t remember who but a member here said CBD helped with his insomnia. Haven’t tried it yet as I haven’t gotten a hold of any CBD only cannabis or oil. Of course, everybody may react to it differently.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
OP, it sounds more like you're coming down off of contaminates, not clean cannabis. Regardless of how much you're using you shouldn't have the symptoms you mentioned.

Restlessness, sure.

THC123

Veteran
Nope I grow with living soil I don't use pesticides but predators and for fungal diseases I use UV light.

Everybody reacts differently. I have been a real heavy consumer and when I quit weed I always get serious withdrawal. Just google cannabis withdrawal symptoms, there are many and not everyone has the same ones. I have most of them :)

But let's stay on the topic of CBD ;)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you are a regular smoker and first thing in the morning vape 100mg pure CBD, you can't get high that day on THC, and you will have vivid color dreams that you will remember that night, at least I did and several heavy smokers I know had the same thing happen.
-SamS

WishDoctor

that's complete bullshit Sam.
I've been using CBD isolate, disdillates, and full spectrum, for 3yrs now with no ill effects like you mention, I get high as a kite all day long.'There is so much bs about cbd and thc interactions.
CBD with THC gives you the old school high deep and trippy floating clear clean sloppy and melty, and not wondering if amI high cause that kush you just puffed is worthless couchlock crap, with no high.

THC123

Veteran
If you quit weed. Then partake in cbd you just started weed again.

Just sayin

Well if you would have read a bit better you would have seen I wrote about quitting thc. The only reason I am quitting is a tolerance break and also for my job. I need to get my short term memory working again :)

What withdrawal? I just get grouchy for a day or two...
Not everyone is the same and reacts in the same way.....

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I've been using CBD isolate, disdillates, and full spectrum, for 3yrs now with no ill effects like you mention, I get high as a kite all day long.'There is so much bs about cbd and thc interactions.
CBD with THC gives you the old school high deep and trippy floating clear clean sloppy and melty, and not wondering if amI high cause that kush you just puffed is worthless couchlock crap, with no high.

Reread what I said.
100mg pure CBD first thing in the morning before any THC.
Did you really do that? No other cannabinoids or terpenes?

I understand that THC/CBD smoked at the same time does get you high, me also. Like in imported Afghan hash.

Some people prefer the effects of resin with little to no CBD, over hash with equal amounts of THC/CBD.

I also understand that for what ever reasons some folks do prefer the effects from THC/CBD. That is their choice.

I also hear from folks that get to high on THC, they smoke pure CBD and it helps them come down from the THC.

BTW I prefer old school NLD with no CBD in it. I do not smoke Kush and do not smoke herbal Cannabis, I prefer NLD dry sift resin cleaned up to 99.9% resin heads so it is FMCD and can be in the low 80%'s THC and naturally terpene rich. I have had my own GC-Fid and HPLC lab for decades.
-SamS

It is definitely not bs. CBD can downgrade or modulate the high from THC as it is an antagonist to the same cannabinoid receptors THC binds to in the brain and other tissues. Too big a dose of CBD and the high from THC will be significantly reduced. That is why recreational Cannabis breeders have focused on high THC, low CBD varieties.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I got the fiu quit for a few days, didn't feel anything, not vaping, only thing I noticed it didn't take much to get really high when I heated the nail back up...

SweetSue

It is definitely not bs. CBD can downgrade or modulate the high from THC as it is an antagonist to the same cannabinoid receptors THC binds to in the brain and other tissues. Too big a dose of CBD and the high from THC will be significantly reduced. That is why recreational Cannabis breeders have focused on high THC, low CBD varieties.

In clinical work the understanding appears to be that a 4:1 or 5:1 dominance of CBD will completely override the euphoria of THC.

Recreational growers went for high THC because prohibition forced cannabis into a rec market to allow pharmaceuticals to take the lead. Rec users wanted to get high. Growers met the need, and we were all lulled into secrecy with couch-lock.

Just my 2 cents worth. :eyelash:

G

Gr33nSanta

I also slept like a baby on the second day of quitting weed, this is something I never experienced.

The CBD doesnt make me sleepy but it takes away stress in the head and calms me down so I can sleep good.

One thing I notice is that I still don't remember dreams. Normally when I quit weed, I have vivid dreams. Could the CBD be responsible for that?

No, CBD does the opposite, it makes you remember your dreams.

I thought of using CBD to help moderate my consumption, I have 2 plants with CBD content in the teens and around 1% THC. Also have a few plants with varying ratios of CBD. I used to like it.

Since then, I suspect I might be allergic to CBD, so I have been shying away from it lately, plus most time I smoke it I regret it because then I m not high. haha.

Every time I smoke it my skin gets itchy. I can't help but to wonder if there is another reason behind the fact that Medical Marijuana Genetics named their high CBD cultivar ''Candida''

I make a point of not mixing my trim now to make sure I have my headstash of bubblehash rosin made with high thc and no cbd cultivars.

If you are a regular smoker and first thing in the morning vape 100mg pure CBD, you can't get high that day on THC, and you will have vivid color dreams that you will remember that night, at least I did and several heavy smokers I know had the same thing happen.
-SamS

To back Sam's point at how potent CBD is, here is little story. Everytime, and I mean every time that I have CBD in my last joint of the day, I ll have vivid dreams before I wake up. It does not matter how much weed I have smoked that day. Normally, I would only have vivid dreams if I took a break from smoking for more than a few days which has not happened for many years. Once in a while I ll have a vivid dream without a thc break nor CBD but they are rare, inevitably, if I smoke CBD, I dream.

I have been experimenting a lot with CBD, I use this story to inform my friends of the potency of CBD, against THC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts