What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Self Monitoring Psychosis?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'm currently dealing with a couple people exhibiting signs of psychosis. They also exhibit signs of being sociopaths, but that's a thread for another time. lol

THC and marinol have both been shown to contribute significantly to psychosis, especially when used without additional cannabinoids and/or terpenes. Considering the growing availability of high THC, low CBD extracts the ability to self regulate becomes a useful tool.

The main difficulty of mental issues is the lack of personal awareness of them. Tools to help identify issues should be used rgularly. ;)

I went searching for self diagnostics for psychosis and found this https://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/misc-tests/schizophrenia-test/ (I score a whopping "1" on this test. lol)

Anyone know of any better, freely available tools?

Douglas.Curtis

It does take large amounts, lol. These gentlemen have been all day dabbing extremely low quality dabs for a few years. Very thc centric, high stupidity strains.

Mick

Veteran
Taking that test really high could completely scew the results, especially if you're toking on some trippy sativa or a big dose of edibles. Not sure what conclusions to draw from that.
I read recently that up to 30% of people hear voices, and they're not psychotic. Makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user

Cvh

Supermod
I scored 8. Not bad, only slightly nuts. Lol.

Total score of: 8
(0-11) Low Level of Experience Associated With Schizophrenia or Psychotic Disorders
Your answers to this schizophrenia screening test fall into the range which suggests that you do not have early signs of psychosis or schizophrenia. However, should you have any concerns whatsoever about any of the experiences which this screening test asked about, you are encouraged to consult with your primary healthcare provider or a mental health professional without delay.

The main difficulty of mental issues is the lack of personal awareness of them. Tools to help identify issues should be used rgularly. ;

I agree 100%.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I scored a two.
Im not always as organized as I should be and I sometimes feel rather non-emotional but that's just because I stopped giving a shit about a lot of things. Life's easier that way.

W

Water-

western psychology is such bull shit.

it says your crazy if you believe in the spirit world.

I say your crazy if you dont

Ringodoggie

Premium user
western psychology is such bull shit.

it says your crazy if you believe in the spirit world.

I say your crazy if you don't

I had a buddy who was schizo who felt the same way and he used to say this to me....

"How do you know I'm imagining them? How do you know that they aren't really there and you're just not perceptive enough to see them?"

It made a lot of sense and his descriptions of his episodes sure sounded real.

Douglas.Curtis

I scored a one because my wife is an empath. It's not woo woo shit, 'cause she can tell what a plant is feeling when I hand a problem to her. Not spiritual, it's an energy field thing. She tells me what the plant feels (hot, stinging roots, dry, cramped roots, overfull, etc) and it instantly clicks with me what I've been doing wrong. lol

Anyone know the danger level? 20 points or higher? lol

W

Water-

because the plant has a spirit. the same spirit we all share.

Diagnostic criteria for 298.8 Brief Psychotic Disorder

DSM Criteria
DSM Version
DSM IV - TR
DSM Criteria
A. Presence of one (or more) of the following symptoms:

(1) delusions
(2) hallucinations
(3) disorganized speech (e.g., frequent derailment or incoherence)
(4) grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior Note: Do not include a symptom if it is a culturally sanctioned response pattern.

B. Duration of an episode of the disturbance is at least 1 day but less than 1 month, with eventual full return to premorbid level of functioning.

C. The disturbance is not better accounted for by a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, Schizoaffective Disorder, or Schizophrenia and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.

Specify if:

With Marked Stressor(s) (brief reactive psychosis): if symptoms occur shortly after and apparently in response to events that, singly or together, would be markedly stressful to almost anyone in similar circumstances in the person's culture
Without Marked Stressor(s): if psychotic symptoms do not occur shortly after, or are not apparently in response to events that, singly or together, would be markedly stressful to almost anyone in similar circumstances in the person's culture
With Postpartum Onset: if onset within 4 weeks postpartum

Reprinted with permission from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Copyright 2000 American Psychiatric Association

check out this link, explains in more depth:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4455840/

~star~crash~

i had a trip when i was a teen ...way too much LSD ... i thought i was from the future and could only speak using numerals ...

St. Phatty

"I think I may be able to predict what will happen in the future."

Not hard to do in the mid-00's. It was quite obvious real estate prices were going to crash.

"I believe that someone may be planning to cause me harm, or may be about to cause me harm in the near future."

If your computer or one of your web accounts is hacked upside down left right & sideways, that's a sign someone planned to cause you harm.

"I think other people can sometimes read my mind, or I can read other’s minds."

Not hard to do. I've had friends who asked me to turn it down a little bit.

So if you see weaknesses in financial markets, observe obvious destructive behavior aimed at yourself or your tools, or make some accurate guesses about what's on a friend's mind ... this test says you're PSYCHO.

I would say the test is not exactly meaty.