What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is YOUR favorite/best strain cbd or thc for anxiety

looking for PERSONAL recommendations on what your best/favorite strain is to treat anxiety/social anxiety... Do you prefer high cbd,none at all? high THC? low thc? would love to see what y'all have to say :)

B

bench warmer

I had excellent anti-anxiety results from vaping Warlock CBD.

Difficult to say as i did not really pay so much attention to this. (Should have)
I believe it is a strain question partly. Much is also about how you consume it and dosage too.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, i really recommend you try CBD-rich strains, cause it takes out some of the edgy/over powering effect of weed away. The effect is more like smoking traditional hashish (Moroccan, Leb etc.) than THC-only weed.

The effect from CBD rich weed is calmer, clearer and more centered. More "kind" than from strong THC-only weed, and i'm sure CBD-rich plants are better for people who suffer from anxiety.

CBD-rich sativas will still feel like sativas and CBD-rich indicas will still be somewhat stoney, so keep this in mind when you choose your CBD-rich strain.

If you have a THC-only plant you like alot and can't find similar stuff as CBD-rich weed, then you can mix CBD-rich weed with your favorite THC-only smoke to alter the effect abit. In this case, i'm sure, it would be better to have potent CBD-only (close to zero % THC) bud as the mixer.

I have only smoked two CBD-rich varieties so far; CBD Critical Cure (Barney's) and CBD 3D (CBD Crew). I really like my CBD Cure keeper, but i have grown only one plant of those and found a keeper right away.
I wasn't too impressed with the CBD 3D. Think i had late nanners on each of the five females i flowered, while my CBD Cure keeper stayed completely nanner free right next to them.

I'm vegging some CBD Divine plants from CBD Crew atm, but i haven't flowered them yet.
:)

Muleskinner

Veteran
I've bought breeder packs & tried Resin Seeds Cannatonic and TGA Hurkle and Pennywise. All were excellent herbs. I think my favorite for buzz & overall effects was Hurkle. It's more of an indica, Pennywise is sativa, Cannatonic looks indica but the buzz is sativa.

I like both high THC and CBD. One of my Cannatonic plants seemed to be all CBD and low THC and it gave me a groggy feeling I didn't like. I find CBD does introduce a bit of a groggy/brain fog feeling despite what they say about no high.

b8man

Veteran
I've got Yummy from Mr Nice which is about 50/50 THC/CBD and is a nice calming herb when you've had too much of the high THC strains. Clears your head and makes you feel a bit better - but not stoned.

Pineapple Express from G13 labs surprised me recently by being effective at calming mild anxiety. Seems to be a standard big bud cross but really was the nicest calming effect i've had from a plant in ages.

But I'd also strongly recommend the natural herb Ashwagandha which reduces the cortisol in your system. Look it up - read peoples reviews then give it 30 days. Weed is so more enjoyable when you're brain isn't worrying about stuff it doesn't need to.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Harlequin had an annoying buzz. The cannatonic I had made me stupid. (lots of different cannatonic out there)

This cut of Canna-Tsu flatlines my anxiety, is clear, very high CBD, moderate THC and an orange citrus terpene profile. No buzz, stone or high at all. Even no tolerance folks have no reaction to it, other than positive ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing more strains with functionality like this specific cut has. The world needs them desperately. ;)

I've bought breeder packs & tried Resin Seeds Cannatonic and TGA Hurkle and Pennywise. All were excellent herbs. I think my favorite for buzz & overall effects was Hurkle. It's more of an indica, Pennywise is sativa, Cannatonic looks indica but the buzz is sativa.

I like both high THC and CBD. One of my Cannatonic plants seemed to be all CBD and low THC and it gave me a groggy feeling I didn't like. I find CBD does introduce a bit of a groggy/brain fog feeling despite what they say about no high.

Quite some high CBD strains i tried in the past gave me also a foggy often headachy feeling that didn't help. I only could try a handful. I think most had a bitter taste.
I also wonder what kind of pain CBD alone works for, more inflammatory stuff? I am not yet sure in my case.

I got some new legal samples that are very promising :dance013:

GoatCheese

Veteran

I'm not sure if it's actually CBD that does that, cause i find that CBD allows the other compounds to act normally, altering the effect as they do. So i'm thinking it's also possible that it was the plant's other chemicals that caused the groggy effect.
Maybe the plant had good amount of myrcene in it which made you feel groggy.

My experience with CBD-rich weed is quite different, to me CBD ads clairity and focus to the effect.
While i have a CBD-rich plant that has abit mongy/groggy side to it's effect, this effect is not apparent in every CBD-rich plant i have smoked, thou the effect i assosiate with CBD was still there.

-
-

Like mentioned above, Harlequin apparently hasn't got the nicest effect i've read, never smoked any myself, so i was thinking maybe people's bad experiences with CBD-rich plants involves similar genetics.

About the taste..
Poor taste has to be because of the particular genetics you guys smoked, cause my CBD Critical Cure keeper is fruity and tasty as hell. Skunky tangerine and fruit salad goodness, close to Soma's NYCD.

Like with any plant from seed, there are different phenos of Harlequin. Only about 25% will be high CBD. I just sampled some that had one of the best anti anxiety effects I have ever experienced, maybe the best. Better than CBD Crew's Skunk Haze and Reggae Seeds Juanita Lagrimosa both of which I grew. The Skunk Haze in particular had a dreary boring high. Juanita was more sparkly but could trigger the noids if I smoked too much. My tolerance is way low.

Dawgfunk

I love dawgwalker for anxiety, sends a good rush of euphoria through your body and the cedar terpines really bring me back to center. It tests 27-28% normally but as long as you don’t overindulge and pass out, it’s a great strain for anxiety. Greasy and smells like burnt rubber ;) you’ll get called out for having this one in ur pocket tho, gonna need to jar it up or everyone’s gonna want a hit!

Attachments

• DF6BE010-A61B-47DF-9E31-0AD48468DD39.jpg
    DF6BE010-A61B-47DF-9E31-0AD48468DD39.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 54

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The best relief for anxiety has cone from an inactive tincture of Juanita (8%CBDA:8%THCA). Stopped my panic attacks while in progress and let's me function in social situations

The best relief for anxiety has cone from an inactive tincture of Juanita (8%CBDA:8%THCA). Stopped my panic attacks while in progress and let's me function in social situations

For tincture I prefer the acid forms too. Especially when there was little or short time leaf extracted.

Yabadabadoo

I am currently growing Medical Marijuana Genetics Candida Will post results when finished. I also have very low tolerance for thc so this is why i chose high cbd. Not looking for high. Trying to calm anxiety.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree with other posters...having blueberry in the gene makeup helps calm anxiety or allows you to function.

GetOffMyNutes

New here but I wanted to chime in , I was hospitalized 9 years ago for a month and developed severe anxiety and paranoia from all the meds they pumped me up with.. My main strain that help me cool down without freakin out is Blue Treat , very balanced more indica dom. I know it's not some really hyped cool strain but it's still pretty awesome for effect and flavor.

M

moose eater

A family member who doesn't have a history with weed asked me about anxiety-reduction and cannabis. Their therapist had advised them that this was a -possible- resource to pursue. Not sure of the therapist's experience with cannabis, but that was why the family member asked.

The family member asked me my opinion, and of everything I had at that time in the freezer, past and now dead, or continuing on in the harem, I put my head to it, taking the inquiry seriously, and though it definitely has some potency (not sure of numbers, but pretty potent in its effect), I advised them toward a select plant I had of 'Tijuana,' by Blim Burn Seeds, that is no longer with me (I didn't like her stem structure/absence of stronger stems for support..

I believe that seed came as a freebie a friend had received in a larger purchase, and asked me to grow out and sample.

I can't give any further insight into the strain overall, as that was it; my ONE female. But she was good. Though like I said, she wasn't without a notable high. In my experience, a very pleasant notable high.

GoatCheese

Veteran
A family member who doesn't have a history with weed asked me about anxiety-reduction and cannabis. Their therapist had advised them that this was a -possible- resource to pursue. Not sure of the therapist's experience with cannabis, but that was why the family member asked.

The family member asked me my opinion, and of everything I had at that time in the freezer, past and now dead, or continuing on in the harem, I put my head to it, taking the inquiry seriously, and though it definitely has some potency (not sure of numbers, but pretty potent in its effect), I advised them toward a select plant I had of 'Tijuana,' by Blim Burn Seeds, that is no longer with me (I didn't like her stem structure/absence of stronger stems for support..

I believe that seed came as a freebie a friend had received in a larger purchase, and asked me to grow out and sample.

I can't give any further insight into the strain overall, as that was it; my ONE female. But she was good. Though like I said, she wasn't without a notable high. In my experience, a very pleasant notable high.

Never tried any Tijuana, but i read it's a pure-ish sativa polyhybrid with Haze in it. It has possibly some Mexi in it too. Haze and Mexis can give people paranoia and can have rushy effect, so not every plant may be too good for anti-axiety.

I suggest you/your family member look into CBD-rich strains. The effect is much calmer and clearer than with THC-only weed. There are indica and sativa leaning CBD rich strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts