What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Hot Is Your Flower?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
"Don't Do This With Low Quality Cannabis!!!"

Load a tightly packed bowl, take a huge roasting hit, wait the length of time it takes to clear a small bong. (2sec)

Now push your thumb down on the cherrying bowl. My cannabis does not warm my thumb. All others are hot or blistering hot.

How hot is your flower?

Douglas.Curtis

sounds to me like your pot has more moisture content than the others you tested
LOL
I assure you, this is not the case. Funny though. This is not a new concept to me and the cannabis I grow. It's been like this for years now. I prefer a drier cannabis than most, from years of examples.

What's your heat level?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
my weed is so clean, i can light a joint take some huge puffs and stick the cherry in my eye without even feeling warm in my eyeball. :D

Douglas.Curtis

my weed is so clean, i can light a joint take some huge puffs and stick the cherry in my eye without even feeling warm in my eyeball. :D
Video, or it didn't happen. lol

Working on making and uploading a video through this phone. Psychotic landlord issues making projects a little tougher atm.

MrBungle

mine doesn't burn at all... the ash works as an insulator... I also use hemp wick so that tames the heat as well

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Too many variables. Pain tolerance, cherry depth,cherry size, bowl depth and width, etc.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I can shove a hot poker up my ass but I don't do it any more because last time I did it, I farted and burned the house down.

Be very careful.

;)

Douglas.Curtis

Too many variables. Pain tolerance, cherry depth,cherry size, bowl depth and width, etc.
Deep, shallow, it doesn't matter when the mineral content is super low. Pain tolerance? I'm super sensitive to touch and heat. The cherry is only slightly warm after 2sec.

Properly faded and flushed on time, I don't need to wait 2sec. This was an emergency chop.

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, this is a public service thread. The purpose is to raise awareness of what is possible with cannabis. Intelligent discussion on the why's and howto's would be also be welcome. :)

Thoughts? Should this have been a poll? What choices would you suggest? I get the feeling "You're Full of It" Would be a popular option. My goal is to drastically change this response from the average grower. :)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
depends on the material/bud ... an overly-dried bud would smoke up and start cooling down quickly, but a green bud would remain hot for a while

Douglas.Curtis

It's not the moisture content. You can put the samples in the same jar for a few days. Even out the moisture.

Either it's low mineral content or it isn't. How hot is a great way to tell instantly. I can tell the difference in warmth between the top and lower flowers in this run. The lower have a higher mineral content and are hotter. Not much, but it's definitely there.

Latest posts

Latest posts