What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites, Week 5.

Hey everybody. Yeah, I'm in serious shit here.

Week 5 with my SFV OG. Had broad mites in veg, was never able to confirm although I saw round balls. I will post up the pics. Didn't look like broad mite eggs to me, as they were lacking the typical spots.

Around the room I am seeing burnt pistil tips, with a few plants (out of 120) that are looking really rough, with buds that are taken down to the developing bud with no pistil left whatsoever.

The current condition of the room is as follows. One side of the room, not looking so hot. "Nub" or "dud" buds here and there. About 5 buds out of 20 plants. Center tray, about 3 dud buds. Third tray, no dud buds and great flowering growth, but orange pistils and pistil tips. The room still looks pretty good, but I think that that may be about to change unless I do something fast.

Did a heat treatment last night. Had a tough time getting canopy temps to 120F even with 12 DE's on and AC off.

I'll be picking up OG Biowar from my hydro store on Monday when they open up.

Any advice on this? How often is the heat treatment used? If it takes me 30 mins to get up to temp, do I continue to run the treatment for another 30 mins-1 hour at that temp?

I used nuke em in veg with fantastic success, however it dried/burned the plants pretty bad and I am concerned it will do the same again with much more disastrous results in flower.

My game plan is to switch lights to 10/14 and cut out all nitrogen and try to get them to ripen early. I plan to cut at week 8. I just need to try to salvage something here.

PFR97? OG Biowar? Fuck broad mites. I am stressed unlike I ever have been before.

k7CLCik.jpg

IK1hIdO.jpg

v7W5mZy.jpg

g63l6DL.jpg

9bGbsko.jpg

Other symptoms I have seen are clawing/blistering leaves, swollen leaves (you can see it clearly in the last photo) and downward pointing leaves right where the bud sites are.

I have yet to confirm with a scope (next stop as soon as I figure this post) but I am pretty sure they are here.

Grateful D

I just posted this on another thread with broad mites.. Gonna repost here because its the same relevant information:
Hey man I have had broad mites for the last year. I spent over 100 hours researching how to kill them, and 1000$'s of dollars on every thing imaginable, nukem, forbid, avid, OG biowar tea, mighty wash, water soluble sulfur, neem oil the list goes on... All of them were applied thoroughly with an airless paint sprayer I tried heat treatments, nothing worked. I managed to get one crop out, but I had to spray with nukem at extra strength every other day the whole flower period and all the other harsher chems during veg, and it was a pain in the ass and really expensive. They would start to look better for a few days, then revert back to shit, I threw out all the plants in my room (over 50 each time) multiple times and cleaned every surface with bleach, still broad mite problems. Just when I was about to give up on the grow and shut it down, I tired one last thing. I got 2 sulfur burners for my 10x25 room, and burned an hour after lights out until an hour before lights come on. Did this for a couple cycles right up until about 2 weeks before harvest and my broad mites are gone. It is by far the only effective treatment i have ever used, and also the simplest. Just hang the burners and plug it in a timer. Thats it. Tried a couple different kind of sulfur burners, and this one worked by far the best https://www.hydroempire.com/wilmod-s...hoCOOEQAvD_BwE
Even though my bug problem is solved, i still burn sulfur during veg and the beginning of flower bc I never want to deal with broad mites again. I would rather have a dump truck full of spider mites dumped in my room then have those. And they are really hard to spot, I have hand led scopes, hand scopes that hook up to a laptop, and sweet ass microscope that hooks up to a laptop and I have never seen one alive. Just eggs and clear broad mite damage to my plants. They suck. Good Luck!

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Stop spraying your flowers and use Predator mites by the pallet load....assuming you have identified them correctly.
I started the giant stickied Broad Mite thread and was able to ID them using a 40x handscope

aquavitae

dont forget to check under the leaves

do yourself a favor and use predator species to get rid of the problem if its there

avoid spraying stuff on your ladies for your own benefit

AV

I just want to update this thread. The problem wasn't broad mites.

It was too direct wind application. It burned off all the pistils and was causing the plants to transpire extremely quickly, thus take up tons of nitrogen causing claw and other leaf symptoms.
The use of the Nuke Em and a heavy leaf strip as well as upping the nutrients contributed to making it even worse. Using an ammounium nitrogen source in the form of shitty GH Floranova, in a high intensity garden with CO2 enrichment and intense lighting.

The plants went to 10 weeks and did 1.5 a light.

Finally figured it out. Duh. Plants don't like fans blowing right on them. Don't use as much Nuke Em. Don't use shitty fertilizers in an environment which is demanding the plants run at 110%.