What's new

Putting 6" plants in 4" pots outside July 26th, how big will they get?

Deezl

I have a bunch of orwnge sherberts maybe 6" tall in 4" pots that I want to put outside in the next couple days (July 26thish) in Northern California.

What pot size do you think they will fill into?

Also, what would you do as far as transplanting...

Would you pot them up into gallons and into bigger pots later (2 weeks?).

Or let them outgrow the 4" pots and then put them right into ? Size.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Also I have another round of cuts rooted, going into 4" pots this week and putting them outside in maybe 2 weeks from now (Aug 7thish), I have the same questions about those.

Thanks!

steasy88

It all depends on how many hours of light u have been giving ur cuts and how many hours of light your plant will get outside because they might just go straight into flower and u will get a smaller yield in the end I would use 4 gallon pots at the minimal to get a few oz a plant of good buds all the best bro

steasy88

What to do is search up how much sun ur area is getting at this time of the year on google and if its more 14 hours daylight u should be ok if they do start to flower they might revert back to veg I had one last year do it to me all the best bro

Mr Jay

Veteran
I just chucked a couple of ten inch plants outdoors in some ten gallon smart pots with TLO. We're getting over 15 hours of daylight a day right now, should give a few ounces.

PDX Dopesmoker

Don't give them too much direct sunlight to begin with if they're coming from indoors, it will halt any new growth pretty quickly. Clones especialy seem to need a few days in the shade to get used to outdoor light.

You might consider starting that 2nd batch flowering indoors before you put them out. If they go out on Aug 7 that leaves you less than 8 weeks until the start of October