What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED summer test grow..

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have been growing for awhile and the higher summer temperatures are hard to deal with.

I'm going to change my Veg tent with 315 watt CFL's actual into a LED Veg/Grow tent.

I have four bay Bubbas to try it on.. My Viparspectra 450 should arrive later today

picture.php

picture.php

OgCOBudz

I did a few runs under a black dog led a couple years ago.

I was forced to RE-locate in the middle of the third run and the new location ran into the upper 90's on many nights of 12/12.

The interesting part was the yield was about 25% better than the first two runs.

As it turns out, leds (and the sun ) don't produce photo radiation like traditional indoor lighting ( hps, mh, etc.) which raises the surface temperature of the leaf 10-15 degrees above air temperature. If you run above 85 with traditional lighting, the leaf surface pushes 100 degrees and that is too high for growth.

So you want to run a warmer room for optimal growth and flowering under leds.

I did my own research after talking to a Blag Dog rep at the Denver Cannabis Cup in 2015 and it confirmed My own experience and the info the rep shared with me.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The Lights lit up

The Lights lit up

I think that's Both - Veg - Bloom

The colors are more pronounced in the pictures.

They are in FFOF and 30% Perlite - I'll use Fox Farm nutes

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
So I read the 4 page manual..

So I read the 4 page manual..

So I read the 4 page manual and it says to use Veg to Veg your plants and both Veg and Bloom to flower 🌺 The fixture is 24 inches from the top of the pots.

I think I'll just follow the simple instructions and see how it goes.

I'll take some pictures with the LEDs off so you can measure the progress (like a ruler in the pics)

Kimura

i ran a viparspectra 450 for a short time. it's good for a 2x2 area, plants grow alright. i couldnt fix magnesium problems under the LEDs though. lots of purpling no matter what.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I measured the plants this morning...

I measured the plants this morning...

I measured the plants this morning just about six inches tall.

I also gave them some water :plant grow: I'll take some pictures later.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just ordered a Vipraspectra 600

Just ordered a Vipraspectra 600

The 600 watt ballast for my HPS took a dump so I switched to a 400 watt HPS/MH In my 3X4X7 custom box and will give it a run.

:party:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Temps with LEDs lower about 5-7 degrees and it's hotter today

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Was hot today

Was hot today

Got up to 98f outside and the grow tent ⛺️ In the garage (no air) never got over 79.9f

That's really good, just what I needed :plant grow:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Heat Warnings..

Heat Warnings..

Record heat of 110f yesterday and the tent temperature was up to 86f.

That's really pretty good :party: It's going to be 110f again today