What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite Strains

karaRYO

I wasn't much into the names of different strains of bud, I didn't care as long as it got me stoned. Just last year I moved to Austin and hooked up with a connect that has 20 different strains at any given time. I've tried different ones and realized that yes, bud is all the same and will get you stoned, but there are strains that are much more potent, 2 of which are my favorite. Critical Mass and Biodiesel. Both yield high amounts of kief, and get me buzzed off of one hit, and I've been smoking steadily for about 5 years. What do you guys think about strains? Is it all the same shit to you? Or do you have a particular favorite?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Sorry can not post info. Tried to post helpful links, but am not allowed. I just got Critical Mass. It is supposed to be great producer.

djonkoman

Veteran
I notice a difference for sure, but sometimes, especially typical commercial weed, it can be really similar.

the biggest difference I notice is when it's too much indica. it will feel fine at first, but then my eyes get heavy, and when I open them again it's 3-4 hours later and I've wasted my entire evening sleeping, and then I can't get too sleep when I should since I already slept so long.

it's ok if I'm hanging around with other people, but if I'm alone the effect needs to be sativadominant, or a less sleepy indica(more like the relaxed/chil effect from imported hash, but not really couchlock).

however, it's not just genetics. I also notice a clear difference between outdoor and indoor, I prefer outdoor. it's often a bit less potent(although not always), but the ceiling is usually higher with outdoor, and overall I just like the effect outdoor gives better. and outdoor I grew myself is even better, but that's more psychologically then due to the weed itself, like vegetables you grow yourself always taste better.

StickyBandit

I wasn't much into the names of different strains of bud, I didn't care as long as it got me stoned. Just last year I moved to Austin and hooked up with a connect that has 20 different strains at any given time. I've tried different ones and realized that yes, bud is all the same and will get you stoned, but there are strains that are much more potent, 2 of which are my favorite. Critical Mass and Biodiesel. Both yield high amounts of kief, and get me buzzed off of one hit, and I've been smoking steadily for about 5 years. What do you guys think about strains? Is it all the same shit to you? Or do you have a particular favorite?

Old post I know but my experience with Critical Mass is it can make you a little sleepy and also give the munchies with SOME people but not all
It certainly gets you baked though :)
It is also easy to grow and a fast yielder
Here is a pic. Good looking buds and super smooth
CriticalMass.jpg

I hear good things about Wedding Cake and Cookies Gelato so they will be next :D

ArtOfSelection

Critical mass is often overlooked and disparaged.............but its one of the best all rounders money can buy........massive yield, appealing smell , and solid potency and very forgiving to grow ..it dominates the southern European outdoor market ............ in Europe its the McDonald's of weed .........which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Latest posts

Latest posts