What's new

Hermie bananas, how much time do I have?

blackg0d

Just starting to see the start of hermie "bananas", how much time do I have until they will produce pollen and fuck everything up? These cheeses are mostly done so either way they're coming down soon. Never buying clones again.. these are the weakest, fluffiest, frailest plants I've ever seen.

Attachments

• IMG_8181.jpg
    IMG_8181.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8183.jpg
    IMG_8183.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7

justanotherbozo

Veteran
it doesn't take long for the pollen sacks to open after they appear but it takes a good 3 - 4 weeks after pollination for viable seeds to form so if you're almost ready to harvey then i'm thinking you should be good to go.

...once you see pollen i'd not go more than maybe a week before i chopped. ...much longer than that and you run the risk of little white non-viable seeds peppering your buds.

peace, bozo

St. Phatty

Just starting to see the start of hermie "bananas", how much time do I have until they will produce pollen and fuck everything up?

those look very capable of spewing a tiny amount of pollen.

With normal males they are sort of like a flower, with petals that open before releasing the pollen. Sometimes it takes a week or 2 between pollen sacs appearing and when they actually release pollen.

Pollen sacs that appear on females are smaller, like a part of a normal pollen sac. Like it grew 1/3 of a testicle or something.

The normal cycle for seed set takes some time - a week to see anything, 2 weeks to see seeds that would be irritating to find in the bud, 3 weeks to see larger seeds that aren't brown with black stripes yet, 4 weeks to see the brown/black.

The pollen sacs in that picture could be infertile. Or you could already have seeds growing.

If it was for production (selling to other people), I would axe it - people don't like seeds.

If it was a fantastic plant, I might think about letting the plant keep going.

But why infect a perfectly good grow room with pollen from a plant you're not crazy about ?

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
To answer your question I'd say about 12 hrs, those are just the ones you can see, there'll be more throughout the plant