What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbay's 2016 NorCal Medical clone run backyard grow, 65gal smart pots

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Hi all,

I;m back again for another year of backyard growing in the bay area. Got a new location and abit more room than last year (link to last years grow in my sig)... I really did oull this one out of my ass, i didnt even know this place was an option until THREE WEEKS AGO, and since the spot i was at last year fell through, i made this happen ASAP... Luckily i still had all the starts and just brought everything over to the new spot (soil and all) and set up shop... i kinda like doing a hit and run.. one year grow in a suburban backyard then move locations the next year, seems alot safer that way..

I'll be updating this initial page of the next couple days to make it pretty with pics/soil recipe/liquid nute recipe/pest IPM program,, ect..

so stay tuned....

Here's a shot of the 2016 garden from 5/29, got all the fencing up, plants transplanted into 65 gallon smart pots.. ill be doing x10 65 gal smart pots and a few 45's and 30's...

so far the strains ill be growing full term are....

Clones:
x6 Cookie Frost (Platinium GSC x Thin Mint GSC) BEST YIELDING OUTDOOR COOKIE PHENO IVE FOUND.. (ill make a post of last years cookie frost later, its a special lady)
x1 Do-si-dos (GSC x Face Off OG)
x1 Black Lime Reserve (Black lime x Chemdawg special reserve)
x1 Royal Truth (Royal kush x The truth)

untested seed phenos:
x1 Stink Bomb (Pittsburg catpiss x Face off og) Will be doing a bunch of crosses with this strain so stay tuned :)
x1 Sour Sunset (Aj's Sour D x Sunset Sherbet) This is a SUPER vigorous strain, all the starts are consistently taller and more developed then the other 4 strains i have growing with it...

Soil MIX is a mix of 3 yds of recycled soil from last grow and then 1.5-2yds of fresh coots mix (with less gypsum and added CaCo3), i can tell the soil from last year is just getting better and better, all the humus and castings top dresses last year and really charging this soil and making it awesome! Re-ammended with 1/2 recommended dosage of coots mix with some alfalfa and bio-live mixed in.. with some fresh SF nematodes sprayed in for good measure with EM1...

Now lets see some pics of this BADASS cookie frost from last year so you guys see why i filled half the garden with her, and still am wondering if i should put more out :p....

And as always i pray everyday to the ganja gods that they will let me have a safe and successful harvest this season, and i wish the best of luck to all you as well!!! Stay safe and happy folks!

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Ok now lets check out COOKIE FROST.. (Platinum GSC x Thin Mint GSC)... a super vigerous, sativa leaning, gsc pheno that yields like a beast, and works GREAT outdoors, super thin leaves for ease of trimming and help with mold/bug prevention.. and looks like some FIRE indoor..

got 2.5 pounds off a 45 gallon pot last year... and i had to keep it under 6'... now lets see how i do in multiple 65's with no height restrictions!!!

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Here's a GREAT LINK to an article MASTER GROWER/BREEDER RAS TRUTH wrote before he passed, GREAT WRITE UP ON SOIL/NUTE MIXES FOR ORGNIC SOIL GROWS

www.cbagenetics.com/the-low-down-on-dirt/

Eastbay's Liquid Nutrient formula for outdoors plants:

I do this in a FEED-AACT-FEED-WATER rotation

veg:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
2ml kelp/sea stim
1ml therm x
3ml Calcium
2ml seacrop
3ml molasses/rejuvinate
2ml fish hydrosylate 15-1-1
3ml 3-3-3 or 2-4-0 fish or Sea shield
1/4tsp fulvic acid powder
10ml em1
2ml Micropak
2ml photomag

early flower:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
3ml kelp
1ml therm x
2ml seacrop
3ml 15-1-1 fish powder
3ml fish 2-4-0 / Seashield
3ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0
10ml em1

mid flower:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
3ml kelp
1ml therm x
2ml seacrop
5ml 2-4-0 or 3-3-3 or seashield
5ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0
10ml em1
2ml photomag
2ml micropak

late flower:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
5ml kelp
3ml biopak plus
2ml therm x
2ml seacrop
5ml mollasses
10ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0
10ml em1
2ml photomag
2ml micropak

flush:
5ml humic
3ml thermx
2ml biopak plus
3ml mollases
10ml em1
2ml kelp

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Thanks guys, glad to see some familiar faces around, best of luck on ur guys outdoors grows this year as well..

Hopefully this is my last year doing this small backyard grow, working with a loan officer and realtor to get my credit established before I can get some acreage.. Hopefully next years grow will be the real show :)

Shooters

I agree, nothing better than farming on your own patch of dirt, we've had our 15 acres for a while now so it is starting to look pretty good with a bit of elbow grease.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Here's the liquid nute formula i use throughout the grow cycle outdoors for big plants...
I like to use heavily amended soil (modified coots mix) which could already grow a decent plant with water only (although ive never tried) but i always like to push them a bit with liquid nutes (just like my master Ras Truth taught me)

Here's a GREAT LINK to an article MASTER GROWER/BREEDER RAS TRUTH wrote before he passed, GREAT WRITE UP ON SOIL/NUTE MIXES FOR ORGNIC SOIL GROWS

www.cbagenetics.com/the-low-down-on-dirt/

Liquid Nutrient formula for outdoors plants w/ added AEA feed schedule:

veg:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
3ml kelp
3ml beneficial innoculant or biopak plus
1ml therm x
2ml seacrop
3ml mollasses
3ml fish hydroylate, ppd 15-1-1
3ml 3-3-3 or sea shield
10ml em1
3ml pht calcium
2ml photomag
2ml pht phos or 0-6-0

early flower:
3ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
2ml kelp
3ml beneficial inoculant or biopak plus
1ml therm x
2ml seacrop
3ml mollasses
3ml 3-3-3, fish/crab/shrimp hydrosylate
3ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0 or pht phos
10ml em1
3ml pht calcium
2ml micropak
2ml photomag

mid flower:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
3ml kelp
1ml therm x
2ml seacrop
3ml mollasses
5ml 2-4-0 or 3-3-3 or sea shield
5ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0 or pht phos.
10ml em1
3ml pht calcium
2ml micros
2ml photomag

late flower:
5ml humic
1ml pro-tekt
5ml kelp
2ml therm x
2ml seacrop
5ml mollasses
8ml 0-5-5 or 0-6-0 or pht phos
10ml em1
3ml pht calcium 6% Ca
2ml micros

flush:
5ml humic
3ml thermx
3ml beneficial inoculant or biopak plus
3ml mollases
10ml em1

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Looks like the plants have all taken well to the outdoors, no major burns or damage, or early flowering (so far)..

hopefully next week, ill get the irrigation setup along wit the final cages, but that can wait...

Also next week id like to do a EWC, humus, frass, neem top dress..

Garden shot 6/6

Just transplanted a nice Stink Bomb (Norcal Catpiss x Face off OG)

Do-si-dos

Cookie frost (there's 6 or so that look like this)

EastBayGrower

Veteran
And here's a couple shots of a few of the cookie frost plants (most of the garden).. on June 26th..

I also put down some mulch of the cover crop and some cedar chips, gonna add some bokashi this week and possibly some neem/ewc

unfortunately, i had a few early flowering clones, ugh, I ended up pulling all 3 early flowering clones (do-si-dos, black lime reserve, and royal truth) and replacing them with x2 Royal Truth along with Stink Bomb pheno 2.

Hopefully the clones will take well and still have a good harvest... :)

O

Oakhills

Hey EBG, ever visit Oakland Garden supply? Saw the Royal Truth and thought of them.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
here's some updated pics from today (July 11th)

All plants are cookie frost clones (platinum gsc x Thin mint gsc, sativa pheno), there in tan 65 gallon smart pots and a smaller one in a 20 gal., there getting big already, love this pheno so much, a breeze to try and some killer smoke if allowed to go into late oct. and finish properly, high yielder, mold resistant, all around killer clone... this is the only clone i have that i keep multiple moms of at all times, hate to lose this girl... got big plans for her in the future :)

Just more training today, got the outer cage on most of the plants and secured into the ground, the mulch held up really well and i found the pots with some actual dark/wet soil on the surface (rather than last week when the cover crop was in tact the soil was bone dry, scared me..)

more pics coming soon.....

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Hey EBG, ever visit Oakland Garden supply? Saw the Royal Truth and thought of them.

Yeah, thats basically who i got it from, from what i can tell they are the ones to reintroduce it into the medical scene lately in the bay area (Harborside Oakland mostly)

I was wanting to grow some Royal Kush from Ras truth and am too cheap to buy the $300 seeds, and i missed out on the Royal kush x facve off og from archive :(

this was the next best thing.. Long Valley Royal Kush x The Truth

here's the clone companies description (someone must have been really digging this strain when they wrote this LOL)...
We made a deal ($1,400 and 3 full months of consulting) with a very successful
greenhouse grower in Arcata, California for one cut of the Royal Truth.
It was a steal.

Of all the strains we have ever held in our possession this one is our favorite.
It grows like a beast, tastes like a feast, and was created by an artiste. It is the
epitome of Northern California cannabis. Thanks to Ras Truth's unique breeding
strategies, the world can enjoy a harmonious cacophony of compatible cannabis
characteristics. A melting pot of flavor, color, potency and magic, this strain in
unparalleled. Picture yourself just off the the Pacific Coast Highway standing in a
backyard surrounded by towering redwoods. An evergreen aroma blankets the
landscape.
Your aromatic journey meanders through a menagerie of grilled lemons, pickled
plums, tamarind and Garberville blackberries. Gastronomically your taste buds are tickled by flavor fairies in the form of lavender oil, candy cap mushrooms and wildflower honey.

As the name Royal Truth implies, this strain is a combination of some of the most sought after and closely guarded genetics in the world - Humboldt Purple Kush, Real Sour Diesel, Pre-Soviet Highland Afghani, Maui, Super Dawg, Pure Kush, OG Kush, Headband, and Diesel Afghani.

If you are not familiar with legendary breeder Ras Truth and his masterpieces, The Truth and Royal Kush, check the link below for a mini education.

O

Oakhills

Yep, I know them over at OG pretty well. Good folks! I have a couple RT's I'm using for breeding this season. Your garden is looking great, it's really taking off!