What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Can anyone explain the difference between White Label/Sensi Seeds? Considering Super Skunk and Afghani for getting my fix. Also bumping this thread for lack of definitive conclusion.

LostTribe

Premium user
I was just about to post a new thread and saw this!

I have also been searching far and wide for afghani's in recent weeks.

The recent state of the Afghan market is in limbo......

Best news I have read is regarding an old thoroughbred called Maple Leaf Indica which we ran circa Y2K. Ran most of Sensi's gear then....Afghani 1, NL, MLI, Black D, Four-way, Big B but the one my mentor always raved about was the MLI! It was crazy good and had different terps than most others. One mom was like pepper glue and another just like maple syrup which was a great killer indica stone.

Recently tried some Airborne G13 cut that was stellar and turns out I have had it many times before just didn't know it. Charles Scott aka Reeferman said the AG-13 as it is also know is his most prized afghani variety and he has used it as a building block for many others including love potion #1.

Heard bad things as usual about new Sensi stock except for the MLI so that is on my list and just grabbed a pack of the AG-13 to check out too.

I have some authentic Mazar-I-Sharrif seeds that I found in my seed stash that I am going to germ in addition to the NDNguy 88Ghash cross I am testing.

Really want a northern and a widow miss them too. Pepper is on my list if I can ever find it in something had it in jack H and black D but that was 15 years back.....

GoatCheese

Veteran
Can anyone explain the difference between White Label/Sensi Seeds? Considering Super Skunk and Afghani for getting my fix. Also bumping this thread for lack of definitive conclusion.

White Label/Sensi prolly run by the same people, could use a little different parent stock, but this is only a guess

Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi Seeds is "100%" afghani and many people recomend it. Not too expensive either. Haven't grown mine yet, but many like it, LostTribe being one of them, i see.:biggrin:

Here's what they ay about it:

Maple Leaf Indica
"A relatively new release as a seed, this fat, sticky hash-makers’ plant has long been prized for its sparkling coating of resin glands and syrupy sweet citrus bouquet. Maple Leaf Indica is bred from precious, vintage Afghanica gene-stock – parent plants that have formed part of several important Sensi Seeds hybrids and which represent one of the surviving strains behind original Mazar-i-Sharif hashish.

The direct forebears of Maple Leaf Indica were brought out of Afghanistan just before the Soviet invasion and older smokers lucky enough to have visited the region in its peaceful era may find this variety to be a taste – and a blast – from the past. Some of the earliest western references to the Maple Leaf parent strain describe both the plant and the hashish produced from it as “renowned throughout the Hindu Kush and the whole of the Middle East as the best there is.”

Even by the high standards of the region, Mazar-i-Sharif is a celebrated centre of cannabis and hashish culture, and prior to the Eighties its reputation was greaterstill. Situated just inside Afghanistan’s northern border, the town’s proximity to the territory of the former USSR made it one of the very first areas to be affected by the invasion. This threat was perhaps the only reason that the traditional cultivators of the Maple Leaf parent strain allowed it to leave their possession, and the collector who received the original seeds made it a personal mission to preserve this unique Indica.

The exodus of sublime Afghani genotypes during that period changed the face of ganja cultivation around the world and western growers have literally reaped the benefits ever since. Maple Leaf represents one of the finest Afghanica varieties ever seen outside the region, back-crossed to express the purity of her ancestors. This strain quickly and easily produces solid buds that drip with crystal and sugary orange-grapefruit flavours. While not the biggest-yielding Afghani in the Sensi collection, Maple Leaf Indica tops the list for resin production and has always been one of our personal favourites. "

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
GN Collection used to have another Mazari cultivar but I've seen mixed reviews.

Very diplomatic, could never approach describing burnt cabbage so eloquently whew

Sorry to say those are S1s from Black Domina '98 cut!:biggrin:

The BD excels in so many ways I always end up sounding immodest and boastful. But in there lies what folks would come to expect from promises printed on labels whew

49431.jpg

picture.php

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I don't know if that been said, but "blazing pistoleros" got a crazy afghan named "humboltistan"

My 2 cents! :D

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Very diplomatic, could never approach describing burnt cabbage so eloquently whew

The BD excels in so many ways I always end up sounding immodest and boastful. But in there lies what folks would come to expect from promises printed on labels whew

View Image

View Image

Looks like Craven takes the lead for best Afghan, you gonna tell us where you finagled this gem?? Sweet Seeds?

FireIn.TheSky

Nice score FBN, it's not often you see someone pull something so nice from a pack of Sensi.
I hear Black Domino is a real knock out of a high, it will have you doing the H nod in no time.

As for GN collection Mazar I wouldn't waste your time it was crap salad. I've got 20 or so Afghani freebies from Herbies but I hear they're a waste of time as well.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I don't know if that been said, but "blazing pistoleros" got a crazy afghan named "humboltistan"

My 2 cents! :D

Good call. 1970's affie. It's from Tom Hill (or his mates) originally.

Have you grown or smoked any?
I have few packs but haven't grown any yet.

Ps.

Many places seem to have sold out with these. Wonder if they'll be making more.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pre Soviet Afghan ftw.

Wish I still had some seed but nope... only crossed to Tahoe OG Kush. Some were sent in & they disappeared quick like! Hope whoever got 'em likes the final reslts.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

White Label is Sensi's knock off brand...

What about Mr Nice Shit?
It's an afghan skunk as well.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I have grown the Sweet seeds SAD, Sensi Maple leaf indica, WOS Afghan Kush. All were good. The MLI is supposed to be from seeds that were collected before the Russians came in a wrecked things.

MLI is 3 or 4 way indica, all coming from Afghanistan. I think it has the famous Ortega-cutting as mom, a Mazar-region hash plant and possibly NL#5 x Hash Plant dad or something like that.
..i read about it a while ago, but can't remember how it was. heh-heh but i think it has Ortega in it.

Will grow some of mine as soon as i can.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Check out GCG's Afghan offerings, they are working with some interesting stuff. That's where I'm looking for my next Afghan, unless/until bodhi restocks some of his.

I've only grown DNA's Pure Afghan as far as straight Affy goes and though the line is generally a miss, when it hits the end result is a proper Afghan plant. I haven't grown enough of them to know what the odds are but I found 1 in 5 which just might have been beginner's luck. Here's the keeper from back in '09. Hashy grapefruit funk with a high that felt like being in a massage chair.
picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I've only grown DNA's Pure Afghan as far as straight Affy goes and though the line is generally a miss, when it hits the end result is a proper Afghan plant.

So what's the lineage of this Pure Afghan? Anyone knows which strain they ripped off in order to release this affie? It's pretty well known how they got their hands on X18 Paki but not much info on their afghan though so I'm curious.

peace.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
So what's the lineage of this Pure Afghan? Anyone knows which strain they ripped off in order to release this affie? It's pretty well known how they got their hands on X18 Paki but not much info on their afghan though so I'm curious.

peace.

Yeah, it's stuff like that and their C99 shenanigans that make me loathe to even mention where that Afghan came from because I'm not trying to promote them. IIRC the Afghan was a repopulation of Gypsy's MIS. That was the rumor at least.

Latest posts

Latest posts