What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

Coughie

I've been trying to find some Mazar-I-Shariff, myself.
Can't get my hands on any, to save my life.

I haven't grown any Afghani stock, so I can't really speak on any of them.
But Mazari is on my Wish List

Will be interesting to see what folks have to see though

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Deep Chunk is a classic affie from the 80s... love it or hate it but in my opinion is still one of the best representations of the old hashplant cultivars.

Mazari from Real Seed is legit too, more modern though. They used to have Shebergan too. GN Collection used to have another Mazari cultivar but I've seen mixed reviews.

Unfortunately the availability of hashplant landraces is very limited nowadays so there isn't much to choose from.

Coughie

Deep Chunk is a classic affie from the 80s... love it or hate it but in my opinion is still one of the best representations of the old hashplant cultivars.

Mazari from Real Seed is legit too, more modern though. They used to have Shebergan too. GN Collection used to have another Mazari cultivar but I've seen mixed reviews.

Unfortunately the availability of hashplant landraces is very limited nowadays so there isn't much to choose from.

I can't find that one, anywhere!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think "seedsman" had a great afghani ,,,,,got some affie freebies a while back,,,,,s2

Reactions: X15

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
So the Sensi seeds, Seedsman, Next Gen, Mr. Nice, etc...all their Afghans suck? Seems like every seed company out there has an Affie for sale. I was looking yesterday for one to try and figured they would all be decent. Damn now I have to rethink this. Anyone tried Sensi Afghani?

Buddle

Veteran
British Columbia Seed Company Afghan Dream I have grown it with great results..They've had her a long time and its legit..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Afghan Kush from the World of Seeds is cheap and worth to try. It's a "landrace" or hash cultivar growing wild they say. ..not too far from Mazar i sharif.

Awesome classic hash taste! Also sweaty smelling, some phenos. Some piney and/or tangy, sweet ginger/lemony/fruity taste and smell. ...some variation there ofcourse.

With these plants you can get old school Affie hash taste at home. It's not like "gold seal-soap bar bullshit" that barely gets you high, but the real deal. Hash from these plants would cost 15 + euros in Amsterdam, judging from what i have found in A'dam the past few years.

I have read reports that some plants would not be that potent, but the 3-4 i have tried sure were potent. Very nice effect also; really stoney but not full on couchlock. I get the "bliss"-effect from a dad i have been using with some crosses, similar to some nice blueberry, thou it's more stoney than BB.

Some plants are short indica some abit taller, but the line is not too all-over-the-place. Mostly Indica for sure.
:)

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Seems like there's 2 different afghanis out there. One fruity and one hashy. Where's the hashy, greasy, super indica one hit and it's over afghani? Not the watered down new age afghani. Seems like the old school afghan has been lost over the years:/

OP

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Afghan Kush from the World of Seeds is cheap and worth to try.

It's old school Affie hash in a marijuana form.:biggrin: ..it aint tutti frutti, but serius stuff.
It's not just fruity and sweet it's hashy as hell. It's not earthy spicey hashy like Deep Chunk, but super hashy in a different way..

It's only something like 25 euros / 10 seeds, and easy to find.

:tiphat:

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Mr. Nice Seeds (Shanti/Howard) for old school genetics

i think we have become used to many modern hybrids that when we go back to older classic strains our memories seems to make them better than they actually were....i love american muscle cars but my moms ford focus will drive figure 8's around dad's old dodge - - maybe not the best example but you get what i mean

Tynehead Tom

I was just gonna mention LA Affie but thcvhunter beat me to it LOL
I am also on the hunt for particular afghan lines. breeder steve called them 'the red/the yellow".
No idea where the lines came from as we are going back to 90's and maybe 80's here but if anyone has any info on those , I'm all ears.
I know breeder steve frequents Instagram but I don't use all that social media jazz.

in 96 I got some seeds in little round tins from the old guy that taught me to grow of what he called purple afghani. He said he picked them up in one of the shops in Amsterdam. That trip would have been the year before he gave me the seeds. Unfortunately, my experience with seed plants back in those days was not up to par to do anything more than grow the 20 seeds out and smoke em when they were done. was good weed but definitely a strain for the pheno hunter from what I remember.

anyhow, I'm also interested in hearing about any sources for true, potent afghani strains, especially the northern region, high altitude strains.
It's really too bad that part of the world is so messed up and unfriendly, Afghanistan was high on my list of must visit countries for the food, the culture and the herb/hashish

yup Shiskaberry red/yellow was discussed on hash church few weeks back

Matt the Great Gardener has Barbara Bud - Shishkaberry cross i believe

all the rage at Spannabis last year 2015

Tynehead Tom

well kinda ya that's what it says online when one does a search.
Now my memory is certainly foggy .... I got in a severe work place injury as a former bridge builder and took a real hard knock to the head among other injuries LOL

I met breeder steve back in the late 90's ,a year or so before my accident. His weed got me thru the 3 years it took me to walk again. Sweet tooth, shiskaberry and flo ;)
anyhow, I remember him telling me the original "shiskheberry" was derived from 2 afghan strains that were line bred. The seeds generally gave off two phenos , the red , the yellow. The "Shiskaberry", was the pairing of The Red pheno with DJ's famous choice blueberry.
So , I could have been one of the first fraser valley growers to have the first generation of shiskaberry in the garden. It produced 4 basic phenotypes over approx 75 seeds (100% germination.
2 phenos exhibited the typical indica tree, one a lighter coloured plant over all and with marginal potency, flat earthy flavour. The other of those two typical indica phenos was dark and dank and a keeper in every way. earthy creamy , hint of sweetness and hashy flavour. It turned heads in every room as it was a very unique flavour to everything else going around back then.
pheno 3 was lighter coloured, a little less in the lower branch growth, and typical indica center cola. yield was lowest on this one, potency was up their, flavour leaned more to the sweet side. was a finicky plant , wanted to be drier than all the rest, didn't clone well.
pheno 4 much like pheno 2 in colour and yield but leaning more to it's sativa mix, thinner leaves, more stretch and in final flower looked more like DJ's blueberry than the other plants. potency was OK and too much larf overall.
# 2 was the keeper in the bunch and I'd say leaned Heavy to the afghan side in my limited knowledge.
I bred my prize male, selected from the 21 males we got and crossed it with NL#5 , Surrey BC hash plant and a few others. Female #6 was kept by a buddy of mine and made the RV trip back to Whitby Ontario back in 2000 and was grown out there until this past summer.

I'm running shiskaberry 3 (ustad), original shiskaberry (from those very seeds I got from steve) and cash crop ken's Nuken.
I'm also going to be getting chimera's C4 if I can find it somewhat locally.
My plan is to start a breeding program to find a pheno like the old #2 ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts