What's new

Yet another cop using un-necessary force.

vta

Veteran
“This was a dangerous felon who’d been on a crime spree throughout the morning,” Sgt. Chris Warren said to KOLD at the time of the arrest. “He’d just stolen a weapon, loaded it, was not obeying commands from officers and was walking toward occupied businesses. It’s a busy time of morning, a lot of employees at work, a lot getting ready to come out for breaks, he’s walking toward those businesses. So we had to take immediate action and make sure he didn’t get inside those businesses.”

And he fired off a shot.

He is lucky they didn't shoot him...

Where does the "un-necessary" force come into play??

minds_I

Veteran
And he fired off a shot.

He is lucky they didn't shoot him...

Where does the "un-necessary" force come into play??

Hello all,

If you need an explanation you clearly, in my opinion, must not have a firm a grip of the realities of a police force out of control.

You are entitled to your opinion as well but a police force that exercises draconian actions ceases to protect and serve, but rules by fear and intimidation.

In addition, it is not standard police policy to run suspects over with a car. That's analogues to shooting someone in the back.

minds_I

vta

Veteran
Hello all,

If you need an explanation you clearly, in my opinion, must not have a firm a grip of the realities of a police force out of control.

You are entitled to your opinion as well but a police force that exercises draconian actions ceases to protect and serve, but rules by fear and intimidation.

In addition, it is not standard police policy to run suspects over with a car. That's analogues to shooting someone in the back.

minds_I

Oh shit! My apologies...I'll admit I only read the story before...now I'm home and watched the vid. Yeah that was fucked up....that cop didn't give two shits about the suspects life.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah that was fucked up....that cop didn't give two shits about the suspects life.

pretty much the standard issue attitude in most police departments today. we are the enemy, to be kept under control at all costs...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this jerk-off was taken down appropriately, before he could shoot someone.

He stole a gun, loaded it, ignored the officers following him and fired at least one round into the air. Could anyone guess what was next on that twits mind??? I didn't think so. he was taken down with less than lethal force, he should consider himself lucky.

floralheart

Veteran
Alright. Most of me has zero sympathy for the man with the gun.

Once he stole a rifle and popped it off in a residential area, while surrounded by police; he decided he wanted to die.

I don't care whether he survived or not. (man with gun) The issue I have with it is whether they could see clearly when they hit the guy that no one innocent was going to be injured - and... the property damage to the bystanders truck and wall.

I would have felt better if they had shot him.

imo, it was reckless. But so is stopping a man with a rifle, so I really can't say, because I wasn't there.

Once you pull a gun and make threats, no one is under any obligation to talk to you. A responsible and reasonable man might shoot you dead, though.

floralheart

Veteran
If I lived there, I might have stepped onto the front lawn and shot him myself.

The blogger is half retarded. The police didn't hit the man with the gun to save him. They hit him to save their own life, and the lives of the neighbors.

I don't want the police taking helicopters to battle plants, because that's moronic. But when you start firing guns around people's families, I'm less sympathetic.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
this jerk-off was taken down appropriately, before he could shoot someone.

He stole a gun, loaded it, ignored the officers following him and fired at least one round into the air. Could anyone guess what was next on that twits mind??? I didn't think so. he was taken down with less than lethal force, he should consider himself lucky.

yeah, I just saw the video. once you steal a gun, fire a round and start waving the damn thing around, all bets are off as to whether you get out alive or not. like it or not, guys like that are why we need cops around...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
now you can rubber stamp one human figure on the door..one down ..me I would rather hit a deer..mmm deer...yeehaw

robbiedublu

Hello all,

minds_I

What would you be saying if they had done nothing but follow him, trying to talk him into stopping, and he shot and killed someone driving past, or some random person in one of the places he was walking past? I would prefer they run him over than shoot him and have bullets flying all over the neighborhood.
Many times police use bad judgement but this wasn't one of those times.

Latest posts

Latest posts